Johndabrit's Bugeye - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Johndabrit's Bugeye within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Johndabrit no youtube embed allowed? just paste the video link in the pop up....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Johndabrit View Post
    no youtube embed allowed?
    just paste the video link in the pop up.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Welcome to another bugeyebrid owner. Looks like you have a very usable powerband; nicely done.
    Thanks very much! The powerband is all about the tune and that came from Ed at EQ tuning. I'll be retuning really soon with him and will post the newest dyno when i get it.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Im also a fan of KYB GR-2s. RCE is a good spring choice though. That or swift springs

You don't need our help lol. You obviously know what your doing and are modding in an educated manner
    haha i appreciate that. But I'm always open to the perspective of others. I try to be tasteful but I knew nothing about subys when i started out. I don't need as much help as some other.. and i love to give help. I just want to elevate others as well as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    just paste the video link in the pop up.
    Done.. Thanks for the advice. Didnt know you could do that here... makes it so much easier.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Nice build and welcome!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Nice build and welcome!
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

zax
    They are much thicker than the bugeye gears.
    Even the 2003 tranny do you think? No one has yet to confirm that the gears were changed between 2007 and 2008, though Subaru has us all speculating as usual.

Facebook me here

Even the 2003 tranny do you think? No one has yet to confirm that the gears were changed between 2007 and 2008, though Subaru has us all speculating as usual.
    from what i recall, the gears are the same 02-08. The clutch changed from a push to a pull in 05. The gears changed in 09 and that is what made it beat the 09 STi in the 1/4 mile. Sorry if this is wrong!! I have seen the 09 gears compared to the 02 gears and the size difference is ridiculous.

Well I do know that the 05 up lgt gears are the exact same as the 09 wrx gears. I have talked to Subaru of America about it( actually a guy I know that works there). So maybe I'll just go with those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely put together.

I just wonder why 1300cc fuel injectors at that power level?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Nicely put together.

I just wonder why 1300cc fuel injectors at that power level?
    I got the 1300s so that I won't be close to full cycling on an E85 tune. Ill be tuned on 91 for the 1300s in a couple weeks. I'm on a break in map right now. In the near future I will go e85. The car was completely ripped apart so if I was gonna swap them out again, that was the time to do it.
    Last edited by Johndabrit; 11-14-2011 at 11:55 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Car / mod list looks good

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman
    Im also a fan of KYB GR-2s. RCE is a good spring choice though. That or swift springs

You don't need our help lol. You obviously know what your doing and are modding in an educated manner
    GR-2s will not handle a spring like RCE Yellows / Swift Spec-R well; you need a better option like the D-Specs / Koni inserts.

With the recent increase in Tokico prices, I'd say go with the Konis, personally.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

zax
    I got the 1300s so that I won't be close to full cycling on an E85 tune. Ill be tuned on 91 for the 1300s in a couple weeks. I'm on a break in map right now. In the near future I will go e85. The car was completely ripped apart so if I was gonna swap them out again, that was the time to do it.
    You have to remember that too much injector overhead will cause fueling issues at low fuel flow. The ECU is a digital system. The larger your injectors the lower your bit resolution in your injector mapping. In other words, you have less fine-tuning ability with your fuel system at normal flow.

Bigger is not always better.

Facebook me here

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonydinatale View Post
    Well I do know that the 05 up lgt gears are the exact same as the 09 wrx gears. I have talked to Subaru of America about it( actually a guy I know that works there). So maybe I'll just go with those
    I'd like to confirm this. I'm surprised that SOA actually gave you any form of useful information. I think I'll get on the phone with Andrewtech later to confirm. As of the moment I have no reason not to believe that this is true.

from what i recall, the gears are the same 02-08. The clutch changed from a push to a pull in 05. The gears changed in 09 and that is what made it beat the 09 STi in the 1/4 mile. Sorry if this is wrong!! I have seen the 09 gears compared to the 02 gears and the size difference is ridiculous.
    Not quite. 2002 gears are different. In 2003, the gear width was increased 1 mm per RA specification. The 2003-2007 WRX gearset was unchanged, but various improvements were made to the gearbox to improve longevity -- 3rd gear synchro stop changed, dual-ring synchros, and eventually the F/D was changed in 2006. Speculation has it that Subaru changed the gearset in 2008 to LGT gears as stated ^^, but no proof thusfar. As I understand, the LGT gearset has the same gear dimensions as the 2003-2007 WRX, but is purportedly stronger.

Facebook me here

You have to remember that too much injector overhead will cause fueling issues at low fuel flow. The ECU is a digital system. The larger your injectors the lower your bit resolution in your injector mapping. In other words, you have less fine-tuning ability with your fuel system at normal flow.

Bigger is not always better.
    I totally get this and I agree. I also yearn for the corn haha. I will be getting tuned for the 1300's in the next couple weeks. I'm breaking in a new shortblock at the moment. My tuner knows about the concern and although the ability to tune them is reduced the bigger you get(although greatly improved with a standalone system) he has a system worked out to tune to this size injector. Additionally, he gets them to idle amazingly well on the stock ECU. I didnt think that was going to be possible. Can't wait for the tune. Dyno will be posted along with a video of the driveability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.