new 2 site & subies - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on new 2 site & subies within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Let's keep things civil, guys... Originally Posted by ColombianoWRX sry i have no good comments about ur subie wich just ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Let's keep things civil, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by ColombianoWRX
    sry i have no good comments about ur subie wich just looks normal
    Garrett didn't post asking opinions of how his car looked, you did. When you ask for opinions, you may get some criticism.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well , stop saying im acting like a child, cuz im not, and its a 3 piece set which makes them rims, but i dnt wana argue, so wt makes a stock bpv btr then a sequential bov? all i really wana do is probly put a bigger turbo, cuz all i really want is fast acceleration, i dnt wana do many mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site!
    Sounds like you would benefit from visiting our Engine Modifications forum and looking through the stickies at the top, which are educational about what you are asking.

A word of benign advice:
    You are, of course, entitled to communicate as you please, but you will get a friendlier reception if you make an attempt at grammar.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColombianoWRX View Post
    well , stop saying im acting like a child, cuz im not, and its a 3 piece set which makes them rims, but i dnt wana argue, so wt makes a stock bpv btr then a sequential bov? all i really wana do is probly put a bigger turbo, cuz all i really want is fast acceleration, i dnt wana do many mods
    Im done arguing wheels vs rims. A stock BPV returns the already metered air to the intake. A BOV puts it out into the atmosphere causing you to run rich between shifts. Rich = not as good as perfect AFR. To do a bigger turbo a lot must be done at the same tune. Fuel pump, injectors, bigger intercooler, tune, and if you go too big or don't drive properly a new tranny and motor. Do your research and you will be fine. Do it the "Easy" way and you will be back here asking if its better to rebuild a motor/tranny or buy a new one.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

so wt makes a bpv better then a bov? and how will i no wen i need a new tranny? the car had 134000 miles but a new 2.0 stroker with only 7300 miles on it

I Support ClubWRX
    A 2.0 stroker? Can you elaborate?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

idk the guy told me he put in a new 2.0 stroker engine

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ColombianoWRX
    idk the guy told me he put in a new 2.0 stroker engine
    A "stroker engine" would increase your displacement, not leave you at 2.0

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by ColombianoWRX View Post
    so wt makes a bpv better then a bov? and how will i no wen i need a new tranny? the car had 134000 miles but a new 2.0 stroker with only 7300 miles on it
    I just told you why BPV is better. BOV makes you run rich between shifts and can leak causing engine issues. When the car quits shifting or even engaging a gear is a good sign. And like others said, 2.0 stroker doesn't make sense. This sounds more and more like whoever sold you this just threw random **** at you until you thought it sounded good again and put money down. You need to start from the ground up and know EVERYTHING that is done to this car before you modify it at all
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

wt kind of bpv should i get? and does it replace bov in the same place?

you should get a stock bypass valve used for $30-50 bucks. If the recirculating hose that takes the air back to the turbo inlet is not still there you need to replace it. Chances are it is still there and just plugged, if thats the case take out the plug and attach it to the elbow on the stock bypass valve. Replace the gasket (subaru dealer) and tighten it down to proper torque specs.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I'll argue wheels and rims.
    "Three piece" wheels consist of hub, spoke, and rim. When those three "pieces" come together a "wheel" is made. The rim is the outer part of the wheel that the tire mounts to. If you only had "rims" your car would pancake them when lowered off the lift. And if you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe the professionals.
    http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/....jsp?techid=90

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase. Remember not everyone on here is a product of the 00's and not akin to reading text messages, spell things out for our sake. The members here will be glad to help you and I guarantee they will save you money in the long run if you follow some advice. Check out the stickies in ever mod, maintenance, performance section, and search if you have specific question.
    Going From a RX-7 to a WRX is like going from Purgatory to Heaven

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12