New GoPro HD Hero2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New GoPro HD Hero2 within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just learned of the new HD Hero2 from GoPro. I at first I wasn't sure if it was worth the ...

New GoPro HD Hero2

Just learned of the new HD Hero2 from GoPro. I at first I wasn't sure if it was worth the extra ~$60, but after reading the new features, it looks pretty sweet!

HD HERO2 Cameras - Professional Power to the People

Now, I just need to come up with some ideas to prove to the wife that it's "necessary".
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I've always been a ContourHD fan. It had 720p HD recording before GoPro, and really, before the whole POV cam market took off. The video was crisp and chop-free, and plus, it's got freakin' lasers on it!

I was looking at that that Hero 2 though, and I think I found my Christmas present. I like the external mic input (I hacked my Contour to have one, but right out of the box is great.) I also like the adjustable camera field angles. I hated the contant fish-eye effect of the older GoPros, but this one looks awesome!

One issue I always had with the Contours was wind noise, so I modified the chassis and sqeezed a microphone jack into the shell, and then used an external mic in my jacket. For cars, I kept the camera outside, and ran the mic into the footwell. You get all the growly engine noise with none of the wind.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

i think i want one. i held back when the original gopro came out. i think it's time to give in.

I hate you guys.....now I totally want one!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    I hate you guys.....now I totally want one!
    Do it! They're great for more than just driving. I use mine for skiing all the time.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.