Hi fellow subie lovers

This is a discussion on Hi fellow subie lovers within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all just introduced my self in another thread and will post my picks in here just a little summery ...

Hi fellow subie lovers

Hi all just introduced my self in another thread and will post my picks in here just a little summery of what my car is it's not a wrx as i have a real love of the gran daddy of the rexy's which is my 1993 RS liberty turbo that has a lot of work going on at the moment, the engine is an early ej20 RS liberty closed deck block with built in oil squirters,
    it has been fully forged and sleeved using 030-300 darton sleeves the donk will be fitted this week ;-)
    Here's my build so far, beware of the amount of pics and dialog i will try to keep the dialog as short and sweet as possible ;-)

So what iv'e decided that suits my needs best is an insane streeter that will also hold it's own down the strip and be very well suited to hill climbs and time attack as i prefer that over circuit type racing.

I'll be re using my argo i beam rods as there the bomb for supporting big power, and are now out of the old motor and are in perfect nick.
    to go with my preferred rods is a new set of JE pistons for an absolute bargain!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is the other side with coolant bottle re located to a lower position just above fog light ;-)

So there's my upgraded coils nicely tucked away in the guards not bad for a back yard job hehe, and the improvement was huge over the other coils

these are from my old 20lt build and what the je's will be hanging of, had them checked out and are in perfect condition and advised there's no need to redo the bearings.
    i was also told these will handle what ever my build could throw at them from the guys at argo so a bit of a saving there being able to re use these

Here's the turbo iv'e chosen based on price & added feature over it's rivals such as bbk's, gt pumps, kando ect..ect.. which is a new ceramic ball bearing core & the fact that Kyp at ATP here in my local city of melbourne australia is just 15 min from me.

Specs excerpt from his add.

Comes with the 080 T/Hsg Std Bolt Pattern
    MHI TD06 Style Comp Cover 3"or 2.75" Intake
    TD06SL2 Style 11 Blade Turbine Wheel 8cm

22G MFS Comp Wheel (Machined From Solid) Billet
    Special Design Brg Hsg Using Ceramic Ball Bearings
    Also comes with 1.2bar Actuator as standard option

Here's my sleeved block very happy with the work from the boys at top torque and how very open they are to the whole build process.

This is my new custom surge tank and fittings with mounting base and the twin bosch brackets, the guy i got to do this is only 10 min from home and is cheap as he works from home

he can do all sorts of work from exhausts, to turbo manifolds, air boxes, alloy intakes ect..

These pics are without it mounted as yet.

Almost done just getting the lid made and the setup all bolted to the bottom of the wheel well, car started no probs and setup is running fine, here's some pics all fittings are speed flow the fuel lines are all teflon so not cheap but are the best for using any fuels like e85 or even methanol.

Dual relays with 30 amp fuses thnx to Datmans info on the wiring;-)

Here's the finished fuel setup and the guy who did the surge tank also did the mounting of it, he also did the lid with it's pespex window so i can view the pumps and surge tank for leaks ;-)

Here you can see how stealth my idea is and why i decided to do it.

Here is how the setup is mounted in the wheel well simply by welding in some threaded blocks.

This is a support that i asked to be put in so i can still put things on top of the lid;-)

Hope this helps to give you an idea on how my setup was done.

So having a front and rear Brembo brake package to suit my old RS liberty including slotted rotors and pads, i knew i'd need rims to fit over the brembos so after viewing a lot of rims i decided that the RE30 volks were the ones for me

so i went for 17x8 + 44 offset and i like the standard bronze colour as my brembos are black and should look the goods with bronze rims ;-)

Apart from my wheels and brembo's, here's the last bits i needed to get ;-)

Cossie goodness

Nice finish in the runners

Cossie cough bling deletes hehe

As for clutch iv'e bought one of these bad boys

so that's about it for now, should have the engine in and cossie manifold setup to run on my old girl next week fingers crossed then run in tune.

cheers wayne

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice project you got going there.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Thnx mate i lover here shape and and it's rally heritage thats why i want to keep this old model alive ;-)