Kamotors WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Kamotors WRX within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Aw you took the wing off...

Aw you took the wing off

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it was 2800lbs from the factory and its right around 2600lbs right now.

new wheel and tire setup

I like the gunmetal/anthracite/darkgrayname wheels best. Nonetheless, very nice blobeye!

I'm a little confused by the trunk spoilers though.
    2012 WRX Premium - Lightning Red Sedan

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    +1 those wheels look good.

Quote Originally Posted by radbitt View Post
    I like the gunmetal/anthracite/darkgrayname wheels best. Nonetheless, very nice blobeye!

I'm a little confused by the trunk spoilers though.
    What are you confused about?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    What are you confused about?
    Confused about the need for the OEM spoiler and the trunk lip spoiler.
    Personally, it looks strange. Is there any added benefit of running both?
    2012 WRX Premium - Lightning Red Sedan

It does look....different. I've never seen them together. I'd personally prefer one or the other. But if there is better function involved then go for it!

I didn't even see the lip spoiler on there

Now I know what you're talking about. hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    It does look....different. I've never seen them together. I'd personally prefer one or the other. But if there is better function involved then go for it!
    It's for looks. Subarus (or 90% of road going cars for that matter) don't go fast enough to even require a spoiler, unless you're in the Time Attack circuit on tracks...or doing Nurburgring runs.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I'm just using the mine's lip as it was intended.... as an underspoiler. same way its used on the r34.

"Contrary to popular perception the MINES wing was never intended to be a standalone spoiler. In actuality it is an underspoiler meant to be used in conjunction with the WRX wing (which for bugeyes was the standard wing for WRX and WRX STI models)

The idea is that it catches air that travels under the rear WRX wing and maximizes downforce"

Sweet, I was thinking something close to that in terms of function. Sometimes I take into consideration the weight of a modification vs the added performance and if it can overcome that. On this case im sure it's a good benefit. Then again I know little about aerodynamics...

also that under spoiler weighs close to nothing, I got it from a nice high end composite company and they did a great job, its not the average Chinese replica quality.

I've had the huge wing, I've been wingless and now I have this.
    I can say with 100% certainty that the kaminari wing definitely did something at speeds as low as 65MPH. On the freeway in the rain with the gurney flap all the way up, it created something similar to what a trunk bed does and you could actually get water crawling UP the rear window.

I know most don't like the look, but I do, I come from a town were 90% of Subarus are wingless or ricers with a sti wing on a bone stock 2.5 base model they are mostly street racers/drag racers and I don't fit in with that crew, I have a car the I frequently auto-x and actually corners well.

I installed the Perrin Caster kit yesterday and I've got to say that its the best handling upgrade I've done aside from proper tires. Combined with my 22mm sway bars and STI pink springs the car is very firm and almost a bit harsh at low speed but around 35+ its stable and confidence inspiring.

I'm a huge fan of weight reduction, the car has
    custom lightweight lower "U" subframe brace that only weighs 10lbs
    no rear bumper beam
    custom front beam bracket
    No rear muffler heat shields
    No mufflers
    No cats
    no floor mats( i'm ocd about a clean carpet so I never get in with dirty feet)
    light weight radiator brackets
    removed under seat support
    and
    Removed all sound deadening from the rear doors back.

I do auto-x the car just not often like the bmw.

Also maybe its because I'm a BMW guy, but underspoilers are awesome to me, and obviously not really liked in the subaru world.

just about every generation 3 series that was into motorsports used underspoiler instead of huge rear wings.
    E30 m3 evo 2

E30 mtech2

E36 M3

etc.

Your comments on handling made me think of this, if it isn't something you've already considered: PSA: Whiteline ALK (Anti Lift Kit) and RCAK (Roll Center Adjustment kit) are amazing
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

The caster kit I have is the same as an ALK, and it was definitely awesome. Perrin just markets it differently, and I got it second hand and for less than $180. My car doesnt have the OEM u brace so sway bars and ALK installs take less than an hour.

here is the caster/ALK/PSRS I have
    PERRIN Performance — — Positive Steering Response System

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast