Amateur off-road pics
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Amateur off-road pics within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; By poofyfinger By poofyfinger Taken today, and man what a rush!...

Amateur off-road pics

By poofyfinger

By poofyfinger

Taken today, and man what a rush!
    2006 Subaru WRX Rally Blue
    1998 Jeep XJ
    1972 Ford Gran Torino 351CJ-4V

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh, this is me behind the wheel!
    1998 Jeep XJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Who's behind the lens? The pics are all great, but the last one for example was taken at less than 160mm equivalent (less than 100mm with a 1.6 crop factor). Great shots but I would not stand there to take them. The photographer is just as brave as the driver in my opinion. I don't like standing on the outside of bends.

Incidentally, that third shot is also the one I like most as far as driving is concerned. Wheels seem very straight, all fours working. Nice.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I am behind the wheel, but I gave my friend a 5 minute tutorial on how to use my EOS 450D.

He doesn't know anything about photography but to press the shutter button lol.

All shots were taken with a Canon 55-250mm IS 4.5.

Wait until next week where I photograph my friends 06 STi, and then I will be behind the lens

D
    PS Thanks for the constructive criticism. Only way to get better is to learn
    1998 Jeep XJ

Damn I wish I could find some roads like that around my town. Oh yeah great pictures I love seeing a new WRX killing a dirt road

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by soobie View Post
    Thanks for the constructive criticism. Only way to get better is to learn
    The lens is a very good value, I have used it as have so many Canon users. Please consider standing on the inside of bends, not the outside. At the very least find a huge tree and place yourself with the tree between you and the car.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice pics and yes,a very brave photographer.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Awesome pics!
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Damn that looks FUN!!!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The lens is a very good value, I have used it as have so many Canon users. Please consider standing on the inside of bends, not the outside. At the very least find a huge tree and place yourself with the tree between you and the car.
    Thanks guys. I really never even considered this and I feel foolish. Next photoshoot for sure I'll stand in the bends.
    1998 Jeep XJ

I Support ClubWRX
    An example of how things can go wrong with something SD was suggesting

or

Last edited by rage-wrx; 09-26-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    They are great shots, do not get me wrong and please certainly do not feel foolish. I prefer high ground, obstacles, large focal lengths, or not being there but being on the inside instead. One in a million but there's still that one chance.

those pics are killer! very nice my friend.
    2011 WRX DGM Limited Hatch
    Stink-Eye Mob #408

Cobb AP Stage 1, AEM CAI, SPT CBE, Tint, Red Tail Overlays, V1 hardwire, RA Mudflaps, STI STS, HT Auto Front Lip

Quote Originally Posted by katzuu View Post
    those pics are killer! very nice my friend.
    Thank you my friend
    1998 Jeep XJ

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    They are great shots, do not get me wrong and please certainly do not feel foolish. I prefer high ground, obstacles, large focal lengths, or not being there but being on the inside instead. One in a million but there's still that one chance.
    You're right and next time I'll definitely keep that in mind!
    1998 Jeep XJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.