Here's my car 2011 WRX! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 86

This is a discussion on Here's my car 2011 WRX! within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Gretsch308 Have either one of you been to Maine before??? You would understand if you had. Also ...

  1. #31
    The Default One SeattleJeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretsch308 View Post
    Have either one of you been to Maine before??? You would understand if you had. Also there are two sets of curves on there. Baseline and after tune. The after tune is kind of light and hard to see.
    Nope, never been to Maine. The HP/TQ curves should be curves, not a bunch of mountains.
    Yes, I can see the lighter lines. They are smoother than the stock tune, but still not good.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User Gretsch308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Waterboro Maine
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Not sure what Maine has to do with it but if you live in Maine and were tuned in Maine, the curve should still be much smoother. It looks like there's an issue that wasn't addressed. Do you ave an AFR and boost plot by any chance?
    I do not. I mention Maine because it is notorious for it's terrible gas. Also we do not get 93 up here.

  4. #33
    The Default One SeattleJeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,488
    I thought they where notorious for shorting their customers.

    There are lots of places in the US that don't get 93. CA has a max of 91, here in WA 92 is the max. The octane rating has little to do with the shape torque curve, and more to do with how high it goes.
    IIRC the difference between 91 and 93 is about 5HP at stage 2 levels.

    If you're doing an internet tune, send the logs to the tuner, and have them fix it. If you did the tune locally, make them fix it.

  5. #34
    Registered User Gretsch308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Waterboro Maine
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    I thought they where notorious for shorting their customers.

    There are lots of places in the US that don't get 93. CA has a max of 91, here in WA 92 is the max. The octane rating has little to do with the shape torque curve, and more to do with how high it goes.
    IIRC the difference between 91 and 93 is about 5HP at stage 2 levels.

    If you're doing an internet tune, send the logs to the tuner, and have them fix it. If you did the tune locally, make them fix it.
    So how would you explain the bumpiness of the baseline before he even touched anything?

  6. #35
    Registered User mdennett99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6
    Why must people compare graphs and hp numbers with so many variables to consider?

    Is it because someone with less mods made more power than you?

    Does that make them wrong?

    Does that make the tuner bad?

    You have no comparison unless you have been tuned by the same tuner on the same dyno.



    Bren Tuned BNR HTA68 on a 08 LGT SPEC B

    Bren Tuned 20G on a 05 LGT 5EAT

    Bren Tuned 2011 WRX

    Bren Tuned 02 WRX Hybrid HTA68




    If someone can find me a negative review I would like to see it.

    Here is a link to his site
    Last edited by mdennett99; 11-02-2011 at 01:40 PM.

  7. #36
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by mdennett99 View Post
    Why must people compare graphs and hp numbers with so many variables to consider?

    Is it because someone with less mods made more power than you?

    Does that make them wrong?

    Does that make the tuner bad?

    You have no comparison unless you have been tuned by the same tuner on the same dyno.



    Bren Tuned BNR HTA68 on a 08 LGT SPEC B

    Bren Tuned 20G on a 05 LGT 5EAT

    Bren Tuned 2011 WRX

    Bren Tuned 02 WRX Hybrid HTA68




    If someone can find me a negative review I would like to see it.

    Here is a link to his site
    The numbers have nothing to do with the conversation, I personally was concerned with the peaks and valleys. I'm not bashing the tuner but the tune isn't right. The baseline tune is bad because the WRX runs leaner than it should from the factory, that's why a tune is such a good first mod. But a good tune will smooth that out to look like Kevin's (sinster) tune. As long as the conditions that you drive in are close to the conditions that you were tuned in (elevation, gas quality, temp, etc...), there is no reason the hp/tq curve should look like that. It should be revised.

    PS. did you join the forum to post that comment? And honestly, looking at those other dyno plots, I wouldn't be happy with any of them. But that's just me, people seem to be pleased with his work.
    Last edited by jd92677; 11-02-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

  8. #37
    Registered User mdennett99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6
    No I did not join just to post that. The 05 LGT was the first to use that style turbo/intake manifold. Thanks to the 08+'s the aftermarket boomed for the weary old EJ255!

  9. #38
    Registered User apkarian100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alton Bay,NH
    Posts
    19
    Quote from Bren himself about this dyno graph:

    "There is zero smoothing with a dynapack. You see everything! Some people lower the ramp rate and have the car zing through the gear. We leave it at factory dynapack trained settings. I think I am one of the few dynapack guys who does it correctly. Also depending on the floor surface or suspension the car will vibrate a bit on the dynapack.

    On an old dyno dynamics or mustang (like that was posted) you cant see even see a 20wtq boost oscillation or knock event in the curve as the x and y axis's are scaled 0 to 500hp/tq. Even a stock tune would look great on that."

  10. #39
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,627
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by apkarian100 View Post
    Quote from Bren himself about this dyno graph:

    "There is zero smoothing with a dynapack. You see everything! Some people lower the ramp rate and have the car zing through the gear. We leave it at factory dynapack trained settings. I think I am one of the few dynapack guys who does it correctly. Also depending on the floor surface or suspension the car will vibrate a bit on the dynapack.

    On an old dyno dynamics or mustang (like that was posted) you cant see even see a 20wtq boost oscillation or knock event in the curve as the x and y axis's are scaled 0 to 500hp/tq. Even a stock tune would look great on that."
    The printout was scaled to 500 so you can see the curve under the headings. The tuner (harvey) changed the curve progressively from 250 to 300, to 350, to 400 as my car went up in power. In addition, knock is detected by the ECU. Incredibly enough... the tuner had the knock sensor up the whole time while tuning (along with the misfire boxes). Along with the boost sensor, and AFR. So boost oscillation (which would have caused a lean condition) would be noted.

    I guess... my question would be... if you see that much bouncing around due to "the floor surface or suspension" vibrating... then how can HE see a 20wtq boost oscillation or a knock event on his dyno graphs? The damned thing is bouncing around so much that it looks like every 300rpms there's a problem. Also.. if you look at the major peaks and valleys... they're in the same places as the stock map... which makes one think he was super lazy with the tuning.

    If you look at his website, a lot of his dynos look 100x better than the one you posted. So I don't buy the explanation.

    Here's a good looking one from the same tuner, and the same dyno:


    And another:



    Just so you can see one of my tunes scaled to only 360whp... Here's my pump gas tune, which I asked to be very reserved (at only 330whp).
    Last edited by Sinister; 11-02-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  11. #40
    Registered User mdennett99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    The printout was scaled to 500 so you can see the curve under the headings. The tuner (harvey) changed the curve progressively from 250 to 300, to 350, to 400 as my car went up in power. In addition, knock is detected by the ECU. Incredibly enough... the tuner had the knock sensor up the whole time while tuning (along with the misfire boxes). Along with the boost sensor, and AFR. So boost oscillation (which would have caused a lean condition) would be noted.

    I guess... my question would be... if you see that much bouncing around due to "the floor surface or suspension" vibrating... then how can HE see a 20wtq boost oscillation or a knock event on his dyno graphs? The damned thing is bouncing around so much that it looks like every 300rpms there's a problem. Also.. if you look at the major peaks and valleys... they're in the same places as the stock map... which makes one think he was super lazy with the tuning.

    If you look at his website, a lot of his dynos look 100x better than the one you posted. So I don't buy the explanation.

    Here's a good looking one from the same tuner, and the same dyno:

    And another:

    Just so you can see one of my tunes scaled to only 360whp... Here's my pump gas tune, which I asked to be very reserved (at only 330whp).
    Are you a tuner?

  12. #41
    Registered User Gretsch308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Waterboro Maine
    Posts
    84
    The bottom line is that the car drives amazing and I feel I got a great deal with what I was charge. I also value all these opinions but guess what, it's my car and it does not bother me that my tune is "bumpy". I plan on doing a bigger tmic and down pipe in the spring and will be going right back to Bren.

  13. #42
    Registered User mdennett99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretsch308 View Post
    The bottom line is that the car drives amazing and I feel I got a great deal with what I was charge. I also value all these opinions but guess what, it's my car and it does not bother me that my tune is "bumpy". I plan on doing a bigger tmic and down pipe in the spring and will be going right back to Bren.

  14. #43
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,627
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mdennett99 View Post
    Are you a tuner?
    I play one on TV
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  15. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretsch308 View Post
    ...it does not bother me that my tune is "bumpy". I plan on doing a bigger tmic and down pipe in the spring and will be going right back to Bren.
    and when u go back can u request a graph w/o the bumps! it seems to upset clubwrx'ers delicate sensibilities.
    yaw gwaph is tewww bumpee

  16. #45
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by alwrx08 View Post
    and when u go back can u request a graph w/o the bumps! it seems to upset clubwrx'ers delicate sensibilities.
    yaw gwaph is tewww bumpee
    We're just trying to help him out and give an experienced opinion. I wouldn't be happy to pay money for that tune. Just on a side note, just because the car "drives amazing" doesn't mean it's healthy, but like was said... it's his car and it doesn't bother him
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •