A few shots of my 08 WRX Sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A few shots of my 08 WRX Sedan within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey All, (*Terrible photog warning*) Just thought I'd share a few shots of some style mods I've done (or had ...

A few shots of my 08 WRX Sedan

Hey All,

(*Terrible photog warning*)

Just thought I'd share a few shots of some style mods I've done (or had done) in the month I've had this car. It's a 2008 WRX in Dark Gray Metallic.

First, a couple general shots:

Here's the front end, showing newly installed OEM fog lights, OEM under spoiler, license plate delete (painted to match), and STI grill (with STI badge removed and grill frame painted to match):

Rear end, showing newly installed rear deck spoiler, chrome trunk trim painted to match car, and taillight NiteShades tint job:

Here you can see the OEM paint-matched mud guards, a necessity in Montana!

Enkei EV5 wheels (17x7) with Cooper Zeon tires:

Here's the Kenwood KDC-995X head unit and Subaru OEM din pocket with silver lid:

...and its pillar mic for hands-free cell phone use:

And lastly, aluminum pedals:

Let me know what you think so far!

Jer
    Last edited by Darth Sleader; 07-29-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    2008 4-Door WRX in Dark Gray Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looking great so far,very tasteful.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

looks nice.

did the part under the windows come in black, or chrome? if chrome, did you paint them?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    looks nice.

did the part under the windows come in black, or chrome? if chrome, did you paint them?
    Yeah, they were chrome strips. I got some 1/2"-wide (or was it 3/4"? Measure first!) adhesive gloss black vinyl at my local auto accessories store and taped 'em over. If it helps, here's the process I used:

1) clean chrome with alcohol.
    2) Cut a strip of vinyl with an inch or so of overhang on each end. Apply vinyl strip perfectly aligned to outer edge (there'll be some overhang on the window side). Use fingernail to press as deeply as possible into the groove so the excess can be cut cleanly. *Tip: start with rear doors; they're easiest. When you do the front doors, start at the front by sticking the end of the vinyl up under the mirror. Apply traveling rearward. *ANOTHER TIP: it takes a little extra patience and precision, but if you can cut the vinyl at the precise angle of the chrome strip's end with scissors before sticking it on the chrome, you can apply it right at the edge and save yourself having to trim it later.
    3) using a razor blade held as vertically as possible, cut the excess off one end of the vinyl strip. WARNING: it's easy to cut through the car's rubber window gasket. Be careful!
    4) again, with razor held vertically, cut along the upper edge where there is extra vinyl. Get the blade right up in the corner so there won't be any chrome visible when you're done.
    5) on the part where there's still some excess vinyl on the end, use your fingernail to remove the clear protective overlay. Do this before you cut this excess off, otherwise you'll damage your nice gloss vinyl by removing the film.
    6) using a razor or an x-acto knife held as vertically as possible, carefully cut the last remaining excess off. On the short strip behind the rear doors, trace the curved edge carefully.

This was a really cheap mod. This stuff sells for $0.20 a foot (for sedan, I got 13 feet.) I've bought so much stuff there, they actually gave it to me free!!!

Hope it helps someone. Cheers!

Jer
    Last edited by Darth Sleader; 07-31-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    2008 4-Door WRX in Dark Gray Metallic

thanks. i've been holding off on painting them for a long time.

will probably try this first.

also going to try something for the rear tail lights.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.