Kronos's Oil Pan Swap

This is a discussion on Kronos's Oil Pan Swap within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I figured I'd make a new thread since the last one didn't really work out. We decided to switch to ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Kronos's Oil Pan Swap

I figured I'd make a new thread since the last one didn't really work out.

We decided to switch to the STI Oil Pan due to better oil pickup under hard acceleration and cornering. The main thing is we wanted to eliminate any possible oil system issues that may result to bearing issues on the EJ20.

Part list:

OEM STI Oil Pan - Subaru Oil Pan for 2.5L block [sub11109AA131] - $95.00 : Kronos Performance, Leading since 6th Century BC

OEM STI Baffle - Subaru USDM 04 STi oil baffle [sub10915AA010] - $10.95 : Kronos Performance, Leading since 6th Century BC

OEM STI Dipstick - Subaru USDM 04 STi oil dipstick [sub11140AA120] - $12.25 : Kronos Performance, Leading since 6th Century BC

Killer B Motorsports Oil Pickup

Here are some pictures...

ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    A frequent question is how one deals with the crossmember for clearance. Could you comment?

Did your pickup show any signs of fatigue?

Thanks for the pics.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-07-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I was actually not there during the installation unfortunately.

I'll take some pictures of the pickup later today and post them up so you can see.

From what he told me, he def had to take off my header and that was the only pain in the ass part of the installation.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS