My new 2011 WRX with stereo mods

This is a discussion on My new 2011 WRX with stereo mods within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here are some pics of my headrest monitors and Rockford Fosgate power series door speakers. It also has the Pioneer ...

My new 2011 WRX with stereo mods

Here are some pics of my headrest monitors and Rockford Fosgate power series door speakers. It also has the Pioneer Avic x910bt head unit, a 4 channel power series amp, and a 600w power series mono pushing two slim p3 10" subs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309275467.274037.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309275488.288948.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309275522.396150.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309275540.242638.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickshifter View Post
    Here are some pics of my headrest monitors and Rockford Fosgate power series door speakers. It also has the Pioneer Avic x910bt head unit, a 4 channel power series amp, and a 600w power series mono pushing two slim p3 10" subs.
    Looks good. You're a brave man. As much as I thought about it, I couldn't let anyone cut my seats...
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Thanks man, but honestly the seats were easy the doors were the hard part. The sub is amazing I'll post some pics soon cause it's only 4in deep so I didnt lose any space in the back but it sounds amazing.

More pics! Are the speakers mounted to the plastic door skin?

Yeah the power series RF are too deep to mount behind the panel. I will try to get more pics up soon.

I would love to see some pics of the deck as well. I just bought my 2011 and can't wait to change out that sad excuse for a stereo to a Pioneer double din.
    "It's a shame that stupidity can't be converted into a usable energy source."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Looks good. You're a brave man. As much as I thought about it, I couldn't let anyone cut my seats...
    Exactly.I wanted to do something like this but this is the first time I'm actually seeing a pic of what the setup looks like.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I install a lot of stereo equipment and have tried several brands of navi head units and the pioneer avic series are by far my favorite. When I installed this one I also installed the needed adapter to retain the steering wheel controls. This keeps the steering controls for volume + and - as well as folder up and down but loses the other functions and loses steering wheel Bluetooth control as the BT control is proprietary to the subaru head unit. Now this doesnt mean you lose BT. You just have to access it through the head unit instead of the steering wheel. I removed the BT controls off my steering wheel as well since I hated them anyway.

I also use Sirius on this head unit and it is amazing! Highly recommend it. I will post some pics of the deck and sub shortly. Also if anyone needs Rockford Fosgate equipment let me know I am an authorized dealer.

New pic of head unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309448409.933914.jpg