Trying my hand at fake HDR with my '01 JDM WRX

This is a discussion on Trying my hand at fake HDR with my '01 JDM WRX within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; after about 15min of messing around in photoshop :P Reality is somewhere between the two, crappy cellphone camera desaturates the ...

Trying my hand at fake HDR with my '01 JDM WRX

after about 15min of messing around in photoshop :P

Reality is somewhere between the two, crappy cellphone camera desaturates the colour... big time
    Last edited by n0ugh7; 06-20-2011 at 09:05 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I see you're a fellow Mac user. I love the red bugeyes. I think there's more background detail to be had (trees etc.). I like the i badge's blue.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ah, i only use the mac occasionally (when no-ones looking) I'm a PC guy :P ye that was my first attempt at it, I was trying to get the colours all ultra vibrant, like a HDR. i'll have another stab at it when I get a chance... or better yet, i'll remember to use my T2i and actually take an HDR :P

I like it, especially the car. HDR isn't always about realism or capturing the dynamic range of the eye. It's an artistic effect that is particularly fun with cars and nature.

What did you mostly do? Tone Mapping? Did you try the Shadow Highlight tool? Might be able to bring out detail in those trees. The picture might be too far gone, though.

ye, i was mainly concentrating on the car :P I did a whole bunch, I had layers for colour correction, sharpening, cleaning my headlight lenses :P and then I messed around with the blending modes.

I Support ClubWRX
    The T2i is IMO a great body and I have seen images from it that were simply not possible in anything less than a pro body a few years ago. I think it's real fun and it's just the right size too -- not too big to make anyone hesitate from taking it along.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I've always been impressed with my T2i, once my car's registered, I think a driver to somewhere scenic will be in order.