Just discovered the all mighty clay bar - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just discovered the all mighty clay bar within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I bought a Mothers clay bar kit Tuesday night, got home around 6:30 and by 9:30 I had run the ...

Plus one for the almighty clay bar!

I bought a Mothers clay bar kit Tuesday night, got home around 6:30 and by 9:30 I had run the clay bar over all the painted surfaces, as well as the windows, and waxed and polished it. Same results for me - smoothest car I've had. It doesn't take out scratches or cover small chips but it does physically and visually smooth the paint as well as make the paint look deeper and richer. Well worth the 3 hours of my time.

I've never had a car with paint that was anything to look at before my '02 wagon (in world rally blue). After 14 months of ownership I still park so I can look at it My neighbors crack jokes at me cuz I wash it every 1-2 weeks but I can say I consistently have the best looking car in the cul-de-sac.
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maw230 View Post
    I just clayed my SRP sedan bugeye, and I swear it went from almost a maroonish red to a much brighter, orangey red that is beautiful!

Question: Where did you get the black inserts by the grille?
    I did it myself with spray paint. The previous owner had these cracking, yellowed laminate things on them that were a nightmare to remove. Ended up taking a razorblade to it and needed to cover up the mess of scratches I made.

Along with my non-painted side skirts, lightly tinted tails, black primed spoiler (clearcoat was faded so I sprayed that too), all the black accents look pretty cool.
    Last edited by Uh Oh; 06-02-2011 at 12:43 PM.
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

Quote Originally Posted by 6t6Impala View Post
    I discovered Meguiar's Clay bar this weekend as well. It took off all the rough grime that I could not remove previously from the hatch. It was very simple and easy to use. Afterwards, I did a quick polish and wax. I have never had a car that felt so smooooth.

Great lookin' car btw!
    Thanks brotha!
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12