nyr8er's 2011 WRX - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on nyr8er's 2011 WRX within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Admiral AGbar Did you ever post any pics after the exhaust install? How does it look/sound? I ...

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral AGbar View Post
    Did you ever post any pics after the exhaust install? How does it look/sound? I am thinking about getting this in the near(ish) future.
    sorry about the delay. i haven't updated in a while. i did't get pics of the install, i have pics of the exhaust though. i'll post em as soon as photobucket is back up and running. i do love it though. sound is perfect, it's not obnoxious (like my horns). very happy with the quality of the product, welds are fantastic. it's a great piece.

however, im not thrilled with the company. no communication and the "powder coat" (i quote because i think it's actually just high temp paint) is terrible. they didn't do it, they sent it out for powder, but either way it's sub-par. not to mention the 2 center tips on the top of each one was rubbed off down to the steel when i got it. i paid extra for the powder, wasn't happy, wrote several emails and to this day have still heard nothing back.

most everyone else ive talked to though, has had much better experiences with them.....well, except for communication. all in all though, the sound is EXACTLY what i wanted.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpower17 View Post
    Any after pictures of the STS installed?
    and yeah, i have pics of that too. i'll post em soon.
    Last edited by nyr8er; 05-13-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by nyr8er View Post

it's not the exact same angle but it give's ya a rough idea. i'd say 3/4" difference at the most.
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

i got 2 questions about ur car..btw i love they way make ur call...its really nice!!! 2 thumbs up!!
    1) how u make that redline on ur grill?
    2) what is that red circle things inside the grill?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanoshii View Post
    i got 2 questions about ur car..btw i love they way make ur call...its really nice!!! 2 thumbs up!!
    1) how u make that redline on ur grill?
    2) what is that red circle things inside the grill?
    thanks.

1) the red line is just 1/4" pin striping from advance auto. clean the area you want to place it and LET IT DRY. then just go at it. takes about 5 minutes.

2) there are two of them. they are Hella Horns. loud and obnoxious. . very popular amongst the Subaru community. if you check out Tony's http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tutori...od-thread.html. post #12 shows the install.
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

Where u get the strip is it an online site call advance auto? thank you..like the way u done ur call..do u think they have a red WRX emblem as well or just paint it..

paint it. no one remakes that emblem that i have found...the chrome letters will separate from the black background if you take it all apart

Is it easy to take the letters off of the black background?

its on with adhesive, it will defianetly take a little persuasion but they come off...dont even take apart the grill, just take a little flathead or some kinda panel tool and seperate it.

Awesome! Thanks. I'm gunna try that. I think I'll paint the letters out in red.

pictures somewhere when you get it done? sorry nyr8er jacking your stuff here..

currently shopping some rims. at the moment im considering these.

18x8.5 Rota Grid - Matte Bronze (5x100/e44/56.1) Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer.

i'd rather have a glossier bronze like the Royal Sports Bronze (i think that's what it's called) but can't seem to find it in an ideal size. don't want to go 18x9.5 and don't want 17's....hrmm...however, i found a thread on Nasioc that said 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35R18's is a good setup on stock suspension and will fit no problem. i wanted to stay above 40 on the offset though...
    Last edited by nyr8er; 05-13-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

however, i found a thread on Nasioc that said 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35R18's is a good setup on stock suspension and will fit no problem.
    That really depends on what one considers a "good " setup. For performance, I would not consider this a good setup.

i wanted to stay above 40 on the offset though...
    This is a good plan in my opinion...43-48 is where I would want to be.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

look at the linea corse wheels theyd look awsome on yours. the hyper black would look baller.

decided to change up the looks a bit. i really liked Gaboboost's write up here --->How To: paint your wheels with 60$ (wrx stocks) and decided to do the same. i'm thrilled with the way it came out.

Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.