ElVerde's 2011 WRX Progress Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ElVerde's 2011 WRX Progress Thread within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. I got inspired by Ninefourteener and decided to put toghether a progress thread to kind of consolidate everything ...

ElVerde's 2011 WRX Progress Thread

Hey guys. I got inspired by Ninefourteener and decided to put toghether a progress thread to kind of consolidate everything I've been posting on clubWRX since September. So...Here goes!

I live down in Newport Beach, and got my beautiful new 2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Pearl on 09/17/2010. Over 9k on the clock now and I'm loving every minute of it. I also have a 1970 El Camino, but the Subie is my first foray into smaller displacement motors and let me tell you...I'm in love.

Anyways, without further ado...some photos to bring you up to speed:

When I first got her:

Then I tinted the windows, debadged and did the "RA-R" Mod. The tint is 20% on the sides and 5% on the rear. Original thread here:

I added my favorite sticker:

For those not familiar, Analog is a snowboarding company and I'm a pretty avid snowboarder. But the real reason I have that sticker is because AG just happen to be my initials.

Next came my Hella Supertones. You can find my install thread here or in my signature:

From there, I began my performance mods. The car has a Cobb AP installed with the Stage I+AEM map and, obviously, the AEM Cold Air intake.
    The car pulls amazingly now, and feels a million times smoother. Feel free to check out this link for more discussion of these mods:

I also added my Kartboy Delrin shifter, and will be doing the shifter bushings shortly. I absolutely hated the stock knob, as I felt it was too tall and awkwardly shaped:

Then I added something I've wanted since the first day I got the car, my Perrin 2" Shorty Antenna! I was so excited for this and it looks amazing IMO. I took a couple of photos at a random spot I found with my girlfriend. The last one posted here was a hasty photoshop I did to try to bring out some more color:

So anyways, glad to be here, and feel free to flash me the deuces if you see me around. You know I'll be giving it back. The Subaru community and especially ClubWRX has been awesome to me. I'm looking forward to owning this car for a very long time, and look forward to sharing any new mods with you folks via this thread.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love everything you've done to your car. Looks awesome! What are your plans for the future, stage 2 maybe?
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

I'm pretty much done visually. The only thing that I MAY do in the future visually is vinyl the roof black.

Performance wise...the jury is still out. I'd like to put lighter 18" wheels on the car at some point...I'd like to put sways, endlinks, and coilovers on the car...I think I'm going to order a downpipe and go to stage II...

Only time will tell
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looking good!
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

I love the car. Not a big fan of any stickers on the car but it's not too bad.

Anyway, order that down pipe and give a review so I can make my decision, haha.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I love the car. Not a big fan of any stickers on the car but it's not too bad.

Anyway, order that down pipe and give a review so I can make my decision, haha.
    The Cobb stickers will be coming off the car...too flashy for my taste. The AG will likely be there forever

And regarding the downpipe...you guys are killing me haha. I can't not install one now!
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Loving what you've done. When you make the Stage I v Stage II call, keep in mind how you stand on your warranty and what kind of service your dealer will give you. Some are cool about it, while others not so much. Something to think about. Keep us posted!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

looks good

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    I'm pretty much done visually. The only thing that I MAY do in the future visually is vinyl the roof black.
    I was wondering what happened to your vinyl roof idea.Did you try doing it?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I was wondering what happened to your vinyl roof idea.Did you try doing it?
    He only mentioned he was considering doing that like five hours ago. If he had it installed that quickly I'd be very impressed.

Also SUPER sick looking set up. Defiantly gonna get a sedan with no wing now. Looks very clean!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chad_inc View Post
    He only mentioned he was considering doing that like five hours ago. If he had it installed that quickly I'd be very impressed.
    FYI,I was referring to something we discussed earlier Removing 2011 WRX antenna & I was asking him.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

hey did u have to tune that for the intake or anything? im trying to find an intake and catback, but really dont wanna tune the car yet

Yes he got a tune for it. The Cobb AP has an OTS tune for the AEM intake system and the Cobb SF intake system. He said in his post that he is running the "Cobb AP installed with the Stage I+AEM map"
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Above poster is correct...a tune is necessary with any intake on these cars.

I just got around to installing my kartboy shifter bushings last night....what a difference! I didn't have a problem with the factory short throw really...but man did those bushings really tighten things up. Highly recommend even though the install is kind of a PITA.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

oh, and regarding doing the roof vinyl myself...I ended up deciding against. I'm really sensitive to "ricey" cars and I'm also a perfectionist. If I do it I'll have a professional do it for around $300. But I still think it will look really nice on this car.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast