new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys, newbie here. some signing day pics of my scooby, hoping i could pick her up tomorrow. i used ...

new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red

hey guys, newbie here. some signing day pics of my scooby, hoping i could pick her up tomorrow.

i used to own mazdas (07 mazda3 and 08.5 mazdaspeed3). had enough of the ms3's "angry" suspension. and although the new ms3's are more forgiving than the 1st-gen ms3, the wrx is "soft" enough for it to be my daily driver, and of course, it has the famous subaru symmetrical AWD.

bought from ramsey subaru, kudos to josh and cory. came with factory-installed rear mouldings which i asked the dealer to remove. since it's factory-installed, it formed bubbles on the paint when they've removed it. so they have to repaint it and should be done, hopefully tomorrow... or tuesday, my birthday!!!

2011 WRX Limited in Lightning Red with...

SPT Short-throw Shifter
    SPT Shifter Bushings
    Bumper Covers
    All-Weather Mats
    Auto-dimming Mirror/Compass
    Wheel locks
    Blue illumination kit
    Center armrest
    Rear cupholders
    Cargo mat

$29,950 plus fees

will post more pics once i pick her up

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweet car man, love the color

i was supposed to get the same thing as you did but with all the uncertainty in japan and my liberty subaru not really sure if they'll be able to fill my order, i decided to get whatever is available and ramsey had one.

i was so lucky getting this car. LR is not that bad in person. i thought i won't like it but i fell in love with it at first sight! as you would probably notice, i can't sleep! still thinking about her, hopefully she's ready so i can bring her home later today

Ah yeah, Ramsey likes their LRs I guess. I just read an email from Shane saying that they had a DGM and a LR Limited w/ Nav when I was looking for a SWP in early March. It's an awesome color, but my last car was Red so I had to learn how to drive cautiously on the highway. Never above 15 MPH over the speed limit when you're the lead car.

short shifter

just wondering what the short shifter is like and how much difference does it make

i'll let u know as soon as i pick it up today or tomorrow.

new rex

You are going to love this car i just want to drive it every day its amazing so much fun and look great .Im getting a full suspension up grade and the xb kit put in which is full exhaust up grade but keep quad s as are and chip up grade should give 30kw more power.Short shifter was the one thing im curious about.

i really think i'll do love it. when i test drove the car, there were just some things that i want changed on it and it has been done. overall, it's almost perfect. i was hoping for some of the 2011+ ms3's toys like the adapative-HID's and push button start but i don't mnd not having them for now. i can't wait until i see her again later.

i came from an ms3, although its shifter is not the best, it's more precise and smoother than the wrx. the wrx is so mushy that's why the STS and bushings are a must. i've heard kartboy is a lot better than the SPT ones but i want to keep everything subaru on this one, not many mods. suspension is sporty and soft for me at the same time, it'll be my daily driver in a pothole-rich area. my ms3 is so "angry" at potholes.

just got confirmation, won't be ready today. 'sigh'

at least i can get it on my birthday tomorrow!

Congrats on the new wheels! LR looks good!

Sorry to hear about the delay. As for the short shifter, I never drove the WRX w/o the short shifter so I have nothing to compare it to. I do know that it made a huge difference on my 2001 540i/6 when I changed it to a short shifter so it was a no brainer for me to take the option (plus everyone on every message board pretty much says it's a must have).

Z, my old car had adaptive headlights too, but it may be better not to have them. I'm not sure about other cars, but the adjusters in my old 2001 540 were made of plastic and it was common for them to break. Replacing them is a PITA and it's a good thing I never had to do it. The HID in our car has a manual adjuster switch in the dash, but I like to leave them at 0 and just forget the switch exists. The more "adjusting" the headlights do, the more wear on the adjusters occur. Just my opinion though.

As for mods, I wanted to go all stock like you, but couldn't help getting a stage 1 tune. It's basically a lot of gain (20ish HP and 70ish TQ) for making no hardware changes to your car, just software, and it's amazing. The only other mod I'm planning on doing is a stage 2 tune with Invidia catless downpipe and Q300 quad tipped catback exhaust once my warranty is close to expiring. I'm not sure if I can wait that long either...

A... i guess patience is not our virtue lol

that's exactly what happened to me and i ended up with the LR instead of an ordered SWP. i just can't wait for it to be built and delivered! lol

i was told by the sales manager we have the same birthday so if i picked it up tomorrow, i'm expecting a party at the dealership lol

LOL yeah, patience is definitely not one of my virtues. Honestly, if I wasn't able to find a SWP from Liberty Subaru last month, I probably would've ended up with the DGM from Ramsey. Taking care of a dark car is quite difficult though. Red wasn't that bad to take care of IMO.

I would've had no choice either, because I sold my car the day before I picked up the WRX.

What a great birthday for you, I hope you can pick it up tomorrow!

ramsey had a LR and a WRB when i was ready to buy, but i was dead set on the SWP... that was until i discovered patience is definitely not my virtue. lol

agreed. the red one won't be hard to maintain. i had a Metro Gray MS3 (posted pics on the newbie section). since i had my ms3, i vowed not to get another dark car anymore. plus lighter-colored cars are definitely much safer at night because it's more visible. my car definitely will be visible at night, hopefully not to the smokin joe's lol

congrats on the car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.