new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nameless axleback installed today... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3snH9owRgM...

nameless axleback installed today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3snH9owRgM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zwrxp09 View Post
    sounds much nicer!
    EFI-101 Graduate 7-16-05
    AEM EMS Factory Trained
    Haltech Factory Trained
    Cobb Dealer
    Seguimos afinando, vendiendo y jodiendo....Entonces?

i can definitely hear it now when i'm driving. that's what i've been missing from my ms3 but now, i have a better one. love that drone sound!
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 5-dr with Navi SPT STS and bushings, Center Armrest Ext, Auto-Dimming Mirror, Rear Cupholders, All-weather mats, Alloy wheel locks and Rear Bumper Cover... Current Mods Stage1, Tint (20% front, 5% the rest), 6K HID bulbs, Nameless Axleback, Moda MD14 wheels with my stock tires, Stock wheels with Himalaya winter boots... Future Mods Speaker upgrade, Subwoofer, Dynamat, Repainting badges to smoke.

Very, very nice! I just picked up my LR Limited Hatchback on Tuesday. I got it for just over $28.3k before tax/licensing, but I didn't get the nav. Had to wait a solid three months after placing the order.

I'm also thinking of going with Nameless. Probably the full cat-back. The videos I've seen are promising. The Kartboy STS is also on my list. But first of course is tint and full-frontal clear-bra. Don't want any rock-chips!

I'll probably wait until after the warranty expires to do any engine tuning. I want to get into manual tuning using open source software like Rom Raider. I envision being able to flash different kinds maps onto the ECU, such as one to save gas for long-distance driving and another for max performance. Not sure how good of an idea that is, but we'll see.

Those headlight LED accents you installed look pretty darn good too! I've never removed a front bumper before or messed with car wiring. Would you recommend the mod to a novice like me? Also, where did you pick it up?

B... Congrats on your purchase! You would love your car, and red is a very unique color. On meets, there would be a few of you, if you're not the only one there.

I couldn't be more satisfied with the Nameless Axleback, I could definitely hear the exhaust when I'm driving. It's one of the most important things I was missing from my MS3, and now I have it back.

The LED mod, it's a love or hate it mod. I got praised for it and I got flamed for it too. I'm glad you liked it. It's very easy if you know how to splice wires. Removing the bumper is so easy! Just 12 clips and 2 screws. I found a DIY removal here...

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-inst...r-removal.html

You can remove the head housings too but I didn't. You can buy the LED strips from PEPBoys or Autozone, I bought the 12-inch ones.

Good Luck!
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 5-dr with Navi SPT STS and bushings, Center Armrest Ext, Auto-Dimming Mirror, Rear Cupholders, All-weather mats, Alloy wheel locks and Rear Bumper Cover... Current Mods Stage1, Tint (20% front, 5% the rest), 6K HID bulbs, Nameless Axleback, Moda MD14 wheels with my stock tires, Stock wheels with Himalaya winter boots... Future Mods Speaker upgrade, Subwoofer, Dynamat, Repainting badges to smoke.

some crappy shots i took the other day

Pics aren't bad man. Take some close-ups of the front and side too. I'm curious how your tint looks.

Mine is going to the detailer tomorrow for wash, clay-bar, polish, wax, clear-bra, and tint. I'll take some good pics this weekend and post them.

Are you considering the Nameless midpipe at all?

Are you looking at the under-the-seat sub or one for the back?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Board View Post
    Pics aren't bad man. Take some close-ups of the front and side too. I'm curious how your tint looks.
    there are some pretty good pics of the tint on page 5 and 6.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

B... that's it for the exhaust, won't add any more to it. All I need was a little more sound from it.

I'll go with an under-seat sub, my hatch space is almost always full from my stuff and my passengers' so I don't want to reduce that space back there.

I've got some tinted window
    photos a few pages back. It's 20% front and 5% the rest.

I'm just waiting for my 3rd quarter bonus so I could get more stuff for her.

Any chance you could write up a quick "How To" on that LED strip for us electronically challenged people? I think they look absolutely amazing!

Dumb question time

You said:
    Tapped into the drl wiring, and unplugged high beams from drl. so it's now my drl, turns off when HID's are on.
    That doesn't effect the high beams at all does it? And do you think it would be possible to wire them to something else so they stay on WITH the HID's? Or would that cause issues later on?
    "It's a shame that stupidity can't be converted into a usable energy source."

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dunc View Post
    Any chance you could write up a quick "How To" on that LED strip for us electronically challenged people? I think they look absolutely amazing!

Dumb question time

You said:

That doesn't effect the high beams at all does it? And do you think it would be possible to wire them to something else so they stay on WITH the HID's? Or would that cause issues later on?
    I wasn't thinking of doing a how-to when I was doing it, and silly me, I forgot to take pictures! Anyway, next time I remove the bumper, I'll take some pics and do a write-up.

If you click the link on my previous post with the bumper removal, you'll see exactly which one to unplug. I think there are 2 relays for the high beam lights, 1 for the DRL and another for the high beams as they use 2 different wattages so high beams doesn't get affected when u unplug the DRL relay.

I tried plugging the DRL while the LED's were spliced. The wattage is so low, it's not enough for the LED's to be as bright as it can so I just left it unplugged.

What tip setup did you end up going with? Looks and sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    What tip setup did you end up going with? Looks and sounds great.
    staggered

it's so hot today! i bought a cabin cover for my ms3, i tried it on today. it doesn't exactly fit her but it does the job of keeping the cabin cooler than when it's naked under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    Good call on the SPT STS. Next time I'm at the dealer, I'll have to see if there's a WRX on the lot that doesn't have one to see how it feels in comparison.
    I don't think the SPT STS is short enough. I wasn't exactly flabbergasted at the reduced throw (3/4 an inch or something I think in each direction? It doesn't feel as short as the one in my old '04 WRX). I went with Kartboy bushings and they feel pretty nice, but unlike some I could have lived with the OEM bushings. Maybe it's just my shifting style, but they didn't feel that bad, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    Yeah the engine is loud, it's the nature of boxers. I don't think the sub gonna do much, I would get the trunk one at least or a custom box. BTW the bass is there, turn the volume to 35-37, you'll hear it, I promise. What do you mean by windshield tick?
    My '04 WRX was darn quiet (couldn't even tell it was running with the windows up at a stop light). I've got the SPT exhaust on the '11 (I gather the sedan is louder than the hatchback to begin with) and it's flipping LOUD by comparison and growls like an old '60s muscle car. I'm measuring 105dB at the driver's seat C-weighted just at idle with the driver's window down (75dB A-weighted; 85-88dB when the throttle is put down).

The under-seat sub makes a HUGE difference (it was AWFUL before the sub). It's really not a bad little sub (made by Panasonic, 8" driver and 120 watts (latter is more than the "Kicker" trunk sub) and it uses an active negative feedback system with microphone to drive distortion way down). It does need (like any sub really) to be adjusted properly (there's two dials on the front panel of it, one for crossover point and the other for gain and you really need a test CD and a sound pressure meter. With the stock head unit, I have bass now at +5, the sub crossed at ~100Hz and the gain set to be about flat at 30Hz, +10dB at 40Hz with +/- 3dB between 40-100Hz and then ramp back to flat above that using test tones first averaged at an overall 80dB pink noise, all measurements taken at the driver's seat. The net result is very decent sound, overall within the limits of the system (i.e. perfectly fine for classic rock, IMO and it's louder than the SPT exhaust even with the windows down going 80mph)

Quote Originally Posted by jdmuscle View Post
    Wow... That's a good price with all those extras. When I spoke to Ramsey they said they wouldn't even discount the car!! I guess you knew someone there!! I'm ideally looking for a premium/limited WRX in SWP.
    I think he probably could have got them to go a bit lower. I got the limited sedan with the same basic features (minus mirror, which I added on later for $180) plus the SPT exhaust (lists as a $900 option) for $29k (sticker price on the window was $32,500 with all options) plus I got them to give nearly blue-book on the '04 ($10,500 with 80k, up from their initial offer of $9500). I was ~$21k out the door with trade and that was in April, after the earthquake. They also sold my mother a Legacy below invoice the same day. Basically, I refused to buy the thing until they came down and upped the offer on the trade-in. They eventually caved when they saw I was ready to walk.

I got my '04 WRX wagon when it was 2 years old $3000 below dealer Blue-Book ($20k out the door at the time) the same way. They kept telling me they couldn't come down anymore and I kept getting up and they kept lowering it until they met MY offer (not theirs). Paying cash seemed to help there. They didn't seem to care here, but I don't really buy that either. He told me they normally don't come down on a new WRX at all. Yeah, well this was after the earthquake when supplies were supposedly short, so I don't buy that. It's not a flipping Porsche, for goodness sake; it's a souped up Impreza. They can either make a sale or lose one, but you have to be ready to walk (they can usually tell if you're BS'ing them).
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.