new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i think that answers it, yours was a BMW and we now have a Subaru. lol...

i think that answers it, yours was a BMW and we now have a Subaru. lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i wasn't sold that i'll buy LR (although it's my 2nd choice) until i saw it in person, it's so gorgeous! now i have to wait until rain stops, then i can wax and polish her.

day 4 observations...

=> trying to maintain rpm's between 2000-3500
    => shifter is slowly getting smoother
    => believe it or not, today is the 1st time i stalled her! lol
    => slowly getting used to her now that i had time to take more pics

Last edited by zwrxp09; 08-08-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Congrats.

How much was the car after all fees + taxes? 30ish?

What is the illumination kit?

yes a little more than 30, car was 29950 plus TTL.

the illumination underneath the dash (footwell)

$30 mod, done in 30 mins. removed bumper in about 5 mins, very easy compared to my ms3. tapped into the drl wiring, and unplugged high beams from drl. so it's now my drl, turns off when HID's are on.

Quote Originally Posted by zwrxp09 View Post
    day 3 observations

=> i'm slowly getting used to the rex that i'm recovering quickly from missing my ms3's precise steering and better handling/cornering.
    swap in some real sway bars and endlinks and you'll have that precise feel you were missing. No less than 25mm up front.. and at least 20mm out back, takes about a hour to install front and rear (one after the other in an hour.. not an hour each) So far I'd say best mod I've done to my 2010.. makes it like its on rails.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    swap in some real sway bars and endlinks and you'll have that precise feel you were missing. No less than 25mm up front.. and at least 20mm out back, takes about a hour to install front and rear (one after the other in an hour.. not an hour each) So far I'd say best mod I've done to my 2010.. makes it like its on rails.
    will it make the suspension "angrier"? one of the reasons i bought the rex was because it's much more forgiving on bumps and handles well enough for me. my ms3 has a great and near-BMW steering and handling, but it's so "angry" on potholes. stays flat on turns even if you hit a bump. it just took a while for me to get used to the rex' handling and not miss my ms3.

In my experience, not much.. it'll take most of the understeer out and bring a much more precise feel to the steering and reduce body roll but even with the tighter feel the car is still pretty compliant on rough surfaces. The roads here in Virginia Beach are horrible for a place that doesn't have harsh winters.. full of potholes and half assed fixes.. If anything the car has gotten more predictable through bumpy turns/ramps. Granted any time you stiffen a sway bar you reduce the "independence" of the suspension... but in the case of the wrx the suspension is pretty soft to begin with so without also changing springs/dampers you'd have to work pretty hard to make one harsh.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

you have to drive thru NYC roads... you would probably feel you need an off-road vehicle to navigate thru sudden bumps and/or drops on city streets.

anyway, i'm considering your suggestion since the understeer is kinda irking me a bit. car handles well where i drive. i miss those days though when i turn on corners or ramps, my ms3 just obeys perfectly!

I grew up in the Albany area, and I routinely have to visit Suny maritime (bronx) on a regular basis for work.. I know exactly what you're talking about and I can also tell you that even though you guys think its bad.. NYC isn't the worst place I've driven. Phili is terrible for road repair.. surprisingly DC is just as bad and as said here in VB the roads absolutely terrible. With the economy being so ****ty over the last 10 years or so road repair has taken a back seat.

I dont miss much about living in Fl.. but those glassy smooth highways (and even side streets) .. I do miss those.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I dont miss much about living in Fl.. but those glassy smooth highways (and even side streets) .. I do miss those.
    Lol,that & something I don't miss are those horribly straight roads,not a curve in sight.

There are potholes around where I live that can swallow your car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

yeah I dont miss the dead straight roads either.. or lack of topography.. and there are windy roads you just have to work to find them. In any event I think the op should be able to upgrade the sways n links without major impact to ride quality. Just dont change the springs! .. uprated springs will make it handle like its on rails but you'll loose that soft compliant ride.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Great thread mate. I'm picking up my 08' this weekend and now I'm even more excited after reading this. The only bad part is I'm from rual Nevada and we have PAINFULLY straight roads haha.

Wow... That's a good price with all those extras. When I spoke to Ramsey they said they wouldn't even discount the car!! I guess you knew someone there!! I'm ideally looking for a premium/limited WRX in SWP.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast