new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Agreed. I'd definitely get a stage 1 tune as soon as you hit 1k....

Agreed. I'd definitely get a stage 1 tune as soon as you hit 1k.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice car bro. The LR is hot! These cars look so good in person. I picked up my SWP hatchback last Friday and was surprised how bad@ss it looked....pictures don't do them justice. You'll love the SPT STS, I had one on my previous WRX. As soon as I left the dealership I went to Flatirons Tuning and purchased the Kartboy STS and bushings, and the COBB AP. Even though they said it would be okay to reflash it (Stage 1) immediately, I figured I would wait until after the break in period so I would have a better idea of the power difference.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Indeed, no reason to flash it before break-in since you won't be making use of the extra power yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    Indeed, no reason to flash it before break-in since you won't be making use of the extra power yet anyway.
    This is so true, however, the temptation is killing me.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

oh another one of us who doesn't have patience as a virtue. lol

anyway, just called the dealer. they said it's still in the bodyshop. but they'll call them and see if they can finish it today. it shouldn't take them days to repaint 2 small bubbles on the bumper, and they had the car since friday... ugh!

i have to wait for the call again. oh well. i'm still hopeful i can get her today.

I'm still not sure what you mean from the original post. What did they remove the the bumper? The black strips or the top bumper protector?

black rear mouldings, factory installed.

Last edited by zwrxp09; 04-19-2011 at 10:41 AM.

ah yeah thats what i figured. god damn i've never seen them on before and good call on getting them removed!

bummer... got the dreaded call, won't be ready until tomorrow. dealer manager promised me tomorrow though. he's been really great to me and i believe it will be ready tomorrow.

oh my, one more sleepless night. lol

Quote Originally Posted by zwrxp09 View Post
    oh another one of us who doesn't have patience as a virtue. lol
    I picked up my 2011 on Feb. 5th and wasn't going to touch my car until the warranty was up. Yeah that plan lasted about 2 weeks
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

well im really going to try keeping it stock. let's see how far will i go. lol

Technically going stage 1 is "stock'. Oh and sorry to hear you need to wait ANOTHER day for it. I know how it feels, it hurts...

yeah it really sucks! anyway, i've endured almost a month waiting so what's 1 more sleepless night gonna do?

as long as i dont go crazy im ok. lol

today is the day!

that melatonin pill did it's job, i slept well. lol

sad thing is the weather today. hopefully no thunderstorms when i get there. plus i'm getting tint after i pick her up. cant wait to see her finally!

Thunderstorms won't dampen your spirits. I drove through a snowstorm on my way home and was grinning ear to ear!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.