new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on new scooby owner... 2011 WRX Limited 5dr in Lighting Red within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i can't sleep! lol...

i can't sleep! lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Today's the big day, come on wake up! and Happy Birthday!
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    FIC 1100cc Injectors, DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump, PTP Turbo Blanket
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

i've been awake since 5am lol

thanks for the greeting! i will know later when my salesperson comes in if the car would be ready to be picked up from the bodyshop. cant wait! i've already told my manager i'll be leaving early today since it's my day! lol

Excited for you, man! Keep her under 4k rpm, but enjoy it all the way there, haha!

Oh god, I forgot how painful the first 1k was... Good thing it only took 2 weeks for me, LOL!
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - Stage 2+ ~ 310 awhp 326 ft/lbs @ 17.5psi pump
    AEM Intake, Process West TMIC, GFB Respons Hybrid BOV, Invidia Q300 Turboback, Grimmspeed EBCS
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

sam... thanks, will definitely enjoy her. i'll be driving thru freeways and state highways picking her up so it'll be varying speeds and rpms. cant wait for her!

A... it'll probably take me a month, im done with long drives. i used to drive my ms3 several NYC-Toronto-Montreal and NYC-Chicago runs. probably wont do it this time. getting older and getting lazier sitting in the car for that long. lol

Yeah if I had the choice I wouldn't daily drive her either, but my work commute is 100 miles round trip at least. I'm already at about 3k and I picked up the car on 3/8! I used to have a daily beater and a daily driver setup about a year ago, but why get a car if you're not gonna drive and enjoy it?

It's better to take a longer time at varying speeds than a short time at high speeds typical of long trips. I picked mine up 700 miles away so I actually extended my break in period a bit since that first 700 miles wasn't as effective.

That's true too, I sorta "cheated" during my break-in since my daily commute is 70/30 HWY/CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    Yeah if I had the choice I wouldn't daily drive her either, but my work commute is 100 miles round trip at least. I'm already at about 3k and I picked up the car on 3/8! I used to have a daily beater and a daily driver setup about a year ago, but why get a car if you're not gonna drive and enjoy it?
    Got you beat! I picked mine up 3/7 and just hit 4,400 this AM! These cars are made to be driven, though =)

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the purchase.I drove around with the stock shifter for a couple of months & it was very frustrating.I now have the Kartboy short shifter & the throws are 40 % shorter,a lot more fun to shift.May I suggest you upgrade the bushings as well,since they make a world of difference.

Where in NJ are you located?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by SamXp View Post
    Got you beat! I picked mine up 3/7 and just hit 4,400 this AM! These cars are made to be driven, though =)
    Haha wow nice! Before we know it we'll be out of warranty and running full turboback exhausts!

sam and A... yeah, this car is meant to be driven. just from regular DD, i'll be hitting 1K in about a month. throw in some extra-drives every 2-3 months then i'll be driving at least 13-17K miles per year. trying to tone down my driving now a bit. my first mazda3, i was at 25K the first year!

rage... hudson county (JC). i got the SPT STS and bushings for a low price so i went with them. im keeping it stock or subaru-approved stuff added to it. i should know later if the SPT's are good enough compared to my ms3's shifter.

Good call on the SPT STS. Next time I'm at the dealer, I'll have to see if there's a WRX on the lot that doesn't have one to see how it feels in comparison.

Congrats on your birthday car! Love the red

If the mod bug gets the best of you then a stage 1 tune would be a great place to start, it will really wake the car up, it's how the car should've been tuned from the factory.
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast