My 2011 WRX Journal - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 WRX Journal within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The tint looks good. That's a killer price. I might make the drive down from NH for that....

The tint looks good. That's a killer price. I might make the drive down from NH for that.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I braved to do 20%, but 35 percent in New York or even illegal, so long as I do illegal things, it is better to make it look good at the same time...

Haven't updated in a while, but I did hit 10,000 miles this morning!

So far the car has been great and I've only had 1 minor issue with it my brake light, but that was fixed under warranty. Other than that, the car is a blast to drive and I have all of these goodies sitting in boxes waiting to be installed. Soon I'll have the short shifter, low profile subwoofer and (hopefully) some new winter wheels on the car. That is unless Hurricane Irene does a number on my area this weekend!
    Last edited by djclue8713; 11-22-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Got a sneak peak of some winter shoes that came in today from Discount Tire Direct:

Drag DR-34 17x7.5. 45mm offset. Very excited for snow and can't wait to get these things on! I'm also getting my low profile subwoofer installed under the passenger seat this Sunday. I'll have pics and first impressions of that too.
    Last edited by djclue8713; 11-22-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Car looks good! I'm thinking about doing the OEM sub too. Can't wait to get your impressions!

I upgraded my stereo, so I am going to sell the factory sub. The wiring is gone, but the sub is still brand new. Will sell for $100
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Nice color choice!

Got my subwoofer installed today! Ended up going with the low profile Boss Bass600 powered unit.

Buy.com - Boss BASS600 Woofer

It's mounted under the passenger seat and for the price it's a decent setup. I had to play with the mids/highs in the stock head unit. After that it sounds really nice. It's nowhere near as loud as the dual 12" subs in the trunk of my last car, but I knew that going in. Here are some pictures, I'll throw some videos up later.

Seat all the way forward

Seat forward (closeup)

Seat halfway back (low view)

The subwoofer is tucked away nicely and you can't see it unless you kneel down to look (like the last photo). I like the stealth of the install and it delivers some nice "bump", especially to whoever is riding shotgun!
    Last edited by djclue8713; 10-09-2011 at 06:54 PM.

I was able to record a quick video tonight of the subwoofer in action. When it comes to recordings of exhausts and sound setups, in person is always better. That being said, I have a sub hooked up to my desktop and the video sounds pretty good. (If you can't tell, I like a little bit of bass )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41493997@N05/6232470798/
    Last edited by djclue8713; 10-10-2011 at 03:57 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice.I like your little tree

How much for the sub?

I'm thinking of getting the sound ordanance powered sub from crutchfield.Its on sale now for $159 after discountsSound Ordnance™ B-8PT 120-watt compact powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Nice.I like your little tree

How much for the sub?

I'm thinking of getting the sound ordanance powered sub from crutchfield.Its on sale now for $159 after discountsSound Ordnance™ B-8PT 120-watt compact powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com
    Ha thanks! The new car smell is gone...took me a while to accept that. The sub cost $99 at Amazon. I think it's been discontinued though because I can't find it on their site anymore.

I paid $150 for the install (needed a wiring kit) and for $250 out the door, I'm a pretty happy camper. I didn't want to sacrifice trunk space and needed a little more low end. This does the job for cheap! Even the installer said it wasn't that bad for the price. The one you've got on Crutchfield seems like a good deal. I say go for it!

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looking good, duder!
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

Winter shoes went on yesterday!

I'm very happy with them and the price was right. More pics here:

2011 WRX Winter Wheels - Drag DR-34
    Last edited by djclue8713; 12-12-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Nice looking car man, WRB is awesome!

How exactly does that radar detector thing work and how much was it?
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I was curious to see how those wheels looked on an 11. Im a dealer for discount tire.. Looks good man.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.