Subaru WRX Forum banner

Updated pics of the Bugeye

9K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  zax 
#1 · (Edited)
:cool:

See less See more
#7 ·
Ya i put it there because i was able to use wire to make it temporary as my clock is cut and GPS sits down in it leaving an opening to run the wire without hurting the dash. That way when im tired of it i can just take it out and all is well.

#13 ·
Did you see them on the car at the last meet? We didn't really look at each others cars i guess. Lit up they are insane (especially now that I fixed the aim and put 55w 5000k bulbs in)

#15 ·
Nope not ebay. The first picture is stock lights, second is stock lights with the koji mod, and the recent ones (what i assume your asking about) are retrofitted from lightwerkz. Its a setup that would cost you in the neighborhood of $1100+ if you have lightwerkz to the retrofit and buy the parts from theretrofitsource.com From my mods list here is the full setup:
Lightwerkz Retrofitted Headlights
Clear lense FX-R Bixenon projectors​
Greddy 55w slim ballasts​
Morimoto 5Five (50w) 5000K bulbs​
Ocular Shrouds​

As for installing them its a fairly simple rewire of the light and running all the ballasts and everything. As for the ebay "halo" lights. I've heard nothing but bad things, bad optics, bad wire connectors (tend to burn up, decent fitment, Halo portion doesnt last long

#16 ·
If you do however want to go retrofit but that price scares you away get on nasioc on the classifieds. There is always someone selling their set for $300-$600 used. But be careful most people do the retrofit themselves and the quality can suffer, not always though.

And just a reminder they WILL NOT be legal on the streets. Technically its all legal parts and they have no danger to passing drivers if done correctly but as they did not come on the car from Subaru it is considered illegal. This will be true for almost any(?) headlights other than the stock ones

#22 ·
the car looks great. I'm looking to do the trunk swap and hood scoop too. along with wheels like that... and those rally armor UR's. seems to be a pretty common thing. its either going for that rally look or the tuner look.

but anyways, you might want to get that trunk paint polished up. its looking kinda dull.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.