supertones, debadged and window visors

This is a discussion on supertones, debadged and window visors within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just did a few minor mods this weekend. As the title says, i put the supertones in, debadged the rear ...

supertones, debadged and window visors

just did a few minor mods this weekend. As the title says, i put the supertones in, debadged the rear all but the "WRX" emblems and put on the window visors. I was also in the process of painting the "WRX" on the fenders. Popped the little fender peice off, taped it, cut it out with an exacto knife, did 5 coats of paint, 3 coats of clear, went to take the tape off and the damn paint came with it!! it was like 3 in the morning when i started it and i was being tired/lazy....i never sanded it!! oh well, it'll be a quick mod for the future... anyways, here's some recent pics....

and, here's one of my sweet paint job....

and i also had a dog jump up on my fender...

thats all, thanks for looking.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Last pic = Ouch!

Hey where did you scoop your window visors?
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

I Support ClubWRX
    your dog did that?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

wasn't my dog. i was at a friends house and they were dog-sitting for a friend. the thing was a hyper ass puggle, when the owner came to pick it up, she walked it outside and it jumped up on my car.

as for the window visors, they were an ebay special 08 - 11 Subaru Impreza Wind deflectors Vent Visors - eBay (item 230554161736 end time Mar-23-11 00:47:31 PDT)) seller is matz-n-stuff if that link doesnt work.
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    Car looks good, man. Hopefully your visors don't rip off @ 75 on I-88 like the ones I had on my old Altima did...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

looks good mang! look into the redouts for the tails makes a huge difference on black rexes. i have cats and they sleep on my rex in the garage but luckly i dont see any scratches from it just dusty paw prints all over the hood. Still pisses me off though! if i catch em in the act ill squirt them with the water gun. They have sharp claws and after seeing that pic of yours i am concerned now.

just out of curiosity (question to anyone with)...are the window visors ok to go through a car wash?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Definitely want to do something with the tails. All in due time.

As for the car wash, funnily enough, I build carwashes in eastern NY and all of new England for a living. naturally I get free washes all the time. You'd be better off in touch free washes rather than friction for obvious reasons but it's hard to say. if the surface wasn't cleaned properly prior to install they may fly off but the 3m tape is some strong stuff. Im not worried about it in the least.
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    looks nice and clean. making me think i might want to go semi-badgless as well; I at least need to take off the dealership sticker.

Damn you'z Mastria!
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

i like what you did with the supertone but the visors... idk.. those look cheap imo..
    my brother has the supertone and im getting a set myself but my brother has them little farther away from each other and looks much better. clean car!. Thought about overlays for your tail lights?
    2011 WRX HATCHBACK SSM

Looks good, but I'm not a fan of window visors either. They scream 40-50 something year old white trash to me. I always love how the supertones look behind a grille though, and badges are lame. Why not take off the other ones too for a really clean look?

Just curious, why did you put them on there? I know what they're supposed to do in terms of functionality, but why personally did you put them on?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

yeah, the supertones apparently have a bracket you can buy separately that space them out further. never seen one till after i bought/installed the horns. so i just used what was available behind the grill.

that hole on the right is threaded so it worked fine, the one where my finger is is just a hole (no threads). i used the nut/bolt from the horn that was mounted behind where a passenger side fog would be and it worked great.

as for the visors, they were/are cheap ($40). and why.......good question. i dont have an answer. ive had them on every car ive owned so it was almost habit really.
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't use the bracket that came with the Hellas,instead I went to Home Depot,got longer brackets(I think it was like $3) & painted it black,so that the horns stick out a bit more.I screwed in one bolt into the existing hole & for the other I used a bolt & nut.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.