My 2006 WRX Journal

This is a discussion on My 2006 WRX Journal within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I just signed up for the first time, over the last few months I have been bitten by ...

My 2006 WRX Journal

Hello everyone,

I just signed up for the first time, over the last few months I have been bitten by the WRX bug. At first I was looking at new ones but quickly realized that in my case it makes more sense to get an older one. A friend of some of my friends has a WRB 2006 WRX TR for sale and I decided that I am going to buy it assuming it is in decent shape when it gets checked. It has about 90,000 miles so I will be doing some major maintinance soon which I am comfortable doing. We agreed that he will hold the car and not sell it until the middle of april as my dad can not co-sign until he closes on the new house were getting. This is the beginning of my journal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So here is the first picture, I apologize for the Iphone quality picture. The car has some modifications done already: COBB catless downpipe, bpm cat-back exhaust, COBB intake, and COBB accessport stage 2 tune. I'm getting the car with steelies and winter tires which I will keep; however, I am looking to do wheels and suspension eventually. Let me know what ya think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails subaru.jpg  

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good, but we need more pictures
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

^^ Agreed!

will post more when I bring it in to get checked. I have one more pick on my phone but its not nearly as good. How do i post pictures so they show up larger and appear to everyone?

I'm pretty sure its this.. [img] insert url here [/img]

Thanks, I'll try that.

I would like to do an sti trunk swap, just need to find one. I am planning on lowering the car with tein S-tech springs. Hopefully getting work cr Kai 17x9 +44 as well; however i am having trouble finding them in the right bolt pattern.

Let me know how you like the S-Techs.. I wanna know how they ride.. I like the drop of them, but look like they will be too soft and will be a harsh ride.

So, tonight is the night. The car is getting a pre-buy check by IAG performance in Maryland tomorrow. If all goes well we will make an offer tomorrow after it is checked and HOPEFULLY I will get the car tomorrow! I can't wait for everything to be said and done so that the car can finally be under my control both maintinance wise and how the car is driven. Expect many pictures tomorrow.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Awesome..... good luck with your purchase!!!

Don't buy S-techs. Period.

If you MUST go that low, do it with a reputable set of coilovers.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

alright, so I have the car! It is a ton of fun to drive but I can't figure out how to post pictures of it! I started a flickr account and tried to post them with that url but it didn't seem to work? HELP!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kfe****
    I can't figure out how to post pictures of it! I started a flickr account and tried to post them with that url but it didn't seem to work? HELP!
    [IMG*]URL OF IMAGE[/IMG*]

Remove the *
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC