New Member! Just bought a 2011 "Impreza"...

This is a discussion on New Member! Just bought a 2011 "Impreza"... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, new member here. Just bought a new "Impreza," not sure if you guys have heard of them, but ...

New Member! Just bought a 2011 "Impreza"...

Hey guys, new member here. Just bought a new "Impreza," not sure if you guys have heard of them, but they're kinda like a WRX. The dealership says it has the "STi" kit on it, which means it comes with cool rims and a bigger boost controller apparently

I got her because I really like the straight line speed and drag racing, and I read on another forum that AWD is the best for that. Does anyone know the best way to get to 400whp? I'm thinking of getting a chip and a catback to start. Any help is appreciated!

I figured I'd post some pics since I took the time to wash her and do some RainX on the windows. Click the link to see more. Hope you guys enjoy, looking forward to seeing what this club is all about!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    nice car. welcome to the interwebz. ive never heard of an "Impreza." What's so special about the "STI" package? boost controller? man, ive got some reading to do.

as far as chips...I hear cooler ranch produces some good results. good luck modding.
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

lmao. Nice car brodude!
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

Impreza? Is that made by Honda or something?

And with AWD, you can get to 400whp easy. You just need 100whp per wheel.

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    oh, and yes! AWD is MADE for drag-racing. Since all four wheels are spinning, giving power, you go four times faster than any two-wheel rive car
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, how's it going, Tim? Great looking car; I'd love to hear your impression of how it compares to your previous Imprezas.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice Impreza with STI package.I'm imprezed.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I was waiting for the onslaught on "noob-retaliations" and then I looked at your post counter and shook my head at myself for being fooled soo easily.

Nice sti btw
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Haha,congrats on your new STI.I recommend 6K rpm clutch drops to break in the gearbox.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Thanks guys...I put a couple of sentences together on this thread:

First Drive: 2011 STI

To briefly summarize...it's smoother, quieter, more precise, more luxurious, etc. It's an all around better car, and definitely "more car" so to speak...but I don't know if it "wins" over the other ones I've had, because for all those nice things it now has, it kinda loses something. It's not a WRC inspired homologation chassis...it's this little sports-car-cum-luxury car that fills a niche but maybe lost its soul when it got heated leather seats, if you know what I mean.

I just picked up a pearl white STI hatch yesterday and I believe its more of a wolf in wolf's clothing. Sure it has heated seats and mirrors - but it also is a Circus Act in the corners and a kick in the kidney on the straights. It has surpassed all expectations right out of the box for me! My list of planned mods went directly in the garbage once I drove it.

I am going for appearance 'mods' first - some vinyl and 'rally armor'.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    I just picked up a pearl white STI hatch yesterday and I believe its more of a wolf in wolf's clothing. Sure it has heated seats and mirrors - but it also is a Circus Act in the corners and a kick in the kidney on the straights. It has surpassed all expectations right out of the box for me! My list of planned mods went directly in the garbage once I drove it.

I am going for appearance 'mods' first - some vinyl and 'rally armor'.
    Thats why I tell people to drive it first before even thinking about mods.. Really we should only mod to over come deficiencies in the car.. if it doesn't have any (that you're aware of or for your particular use) .. there's no reason to spend money on changes.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

My dealer installed the optional stage eleventygabillion package and I rolled out off the lot with one million WHP.

If I wasn't so damn impatient I would have ordered the white and waited the 8 weeks, but the DGM was already in reach and I couldn't help myself. Beautiful car!
    2011 WRX DGM hatch Cobb DP, Inv. Q300 CB, AEM intake, DW 1000cc's, DW 300 lph pump, AP w/ custom E85 tune, STS w/bushing, 3M clear bra, and tint for now...

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    ...we should only mod to over come deficiencies in the car...
    Noted deficiencies thusfar (for those that are keeping a list, like myself):

-Exhaust is too quiet. Definitely want a catback. I need to hear an SPT setup before I commit to something though (anyone in SOVA with an 08+ SPT catback?)
    -Intake is too quiet. I'm a fan of the silencer delete mod for stock-like performance, but I'm also a fan of my full warranty, so this may come down to a coin flip for an SPT (the thing is fully covered with the powertrain warranty if the dealer installs it).
    -The car has less than 1000 miles on it and I already have rock chips on my windshield, and I'm sure on my frontend, although I haven't scoured it looking for them. Gotta get ClearBra. *sigh*