New to the club.

This is a discussion on New to the club. within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Does anybody else obsess and can't help but to just stare at their rex after buying one? If not, I'm ...

Cool New to the club.

Does anybody else obsess and can't help but to just stare at their rex after buying one? If not, I'm that guy.

After a very long and difficult search, I finally purchased my first Subaru. 05 WRX sedan, platinum metallic silver, 5spd with 90k. Clean, non-smoker interior. I've searched the car up and down, and have found not a blemish inside the car. Outside, it's got a ding here and there, but it adds personality.

I absolutely love it. My last car, bless it's heart, was an 01 Jetta GLX, and it was a turd. I've never owned a car I actually give a **** about and want to own forever. I don't ever want to drive anything else.. other than an STI.

I like it alot. It's a very responsive and tight car, and most definitely the quickest car I've ever owned. Needless to say, it doesn't like going the speed limit... and this might propose a problem someday. The only other cars I've owned that were boosted was a 92 MX6 and an 89 Turbo Supra, but the Rex totally dominates the two.

Once I pay out the ass for tags/registration/tax, I plan on modding it a bit. First thing that I guess I'd like to do to it would be a fmic and a bit louder BOV, apexi turbo timer and a boost controller. Eventually, a full exhaust from the downpipe-back.

So, being new to the Subaru clan, I'm in the dark on a few things. If WRX's are notorious for problems, what should I expect in the duration of owning my car? Also, what would be the optimal mods to install without breaking the bank?

I'll post more pictures at a later date.

I'm stoked to be apart of ClubWRX, and even more honored to call myself a proud WRX owner.

Life is ****ing awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sexy Rexy.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats, it looks good! I'm new myself so I can't offer any help on your questions.
    Robert

Stink-Eye Mob #1313
    2011 WRX 4 Door Ltd in DGM

First off, welcome to the club! Congrats on the new ride, looks clean!

Quote Originally Posted by PeedyPab View Post
    Once I pay out the ass for tags/registration/tax, I plan on modding it a bit. First thing that I guess I'd like to do to it would be a fmic and a bit louder BOV, apexi turbo timer and a boost controller. Eventually, a full exhaust from the downpipe-back.
    Modding a Subaru is a lot different than other cars. Take a look through the forums there are a lot of stickies to help answer any questions you have. You'll learn a lot.

You wont have any need for a FMIC. The TMIC is more than sufficient for almost all mods. Scrap the BOV idea, they generally cause more harm than good. There is a BOV FAQ in the forums somewhere. Turbo timer and boost controller are not necessary.

Personally I think you should check out going stage 2 and a pro tune. If that's not enough power for you, then you can mod further with an already really good list of starting mods.

Hope I was of some help.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

First Modifications - what to do and not to do

Make sure you get inspected and such before modding, or you won't know what was right beforehand!!
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

I Support ClubWRX
    all the mods you plan to do first are terrible.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Well, this noob plans on doing more research before I do anything to my beautiful car. I know Subaru's are a different ballgame than anything I've owned, so before I **** up this car, I plan on doing proper research. Thanks for the info, punks.

Welcome! and congrats!

First thing that I guess I'd like to do to it would be a fmic and a bit louder BOV, apexi turbo timer and a boost controller.
    None of this is going to benefit you at this point, FMIC is too much for a stock turbo, the BOV will cause problems, and the timer is not needed

Eventually, a full exhaust from the downpipe-back.
    This is a good first mod, just make sure it's mated with a quality tune.

Definitely do your homework before spending money, and happy modding!!
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1