new summers, new winters, new STI wing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on new summers, new winters, new STI wing within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; nothing special...got new summer wheels RH evo J5's 18x8.5 +44 18.9lbs for a good price. i liked the way the ...

Banned

new summers, new winters, new STI wing

nothing special...got new summer wheels RH evo J5's 18x8.5 +44 18.9lbs for a good price. i liked the way the looked and then i powder coated them flat black. decided to go with conti DW 245/35/18 since they have a 60 day trial. good look and 7.3lbs each lighter than stock!

got new winters same time. Rota tarmac 2's 18x7.5 +48 20.3lbs with 2 that had some scratches so i flat blacked them as well. went 215/40/18 conti DWS and again lost 7lbs each wheel.

trunk swap too

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks good! Adds a little bit more aggressiveness to the look of your car.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Diggin' the wing!
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

Hmm....those wings kill me! Not a fan of big wings! Looks good though....its missing something.....(James....where ya at on this!)
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Hmm....those wings kill me! Not a fan of big wings! Looks good though....its missing something.....(James....where ya at on this!)
    I can help...more low.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I can help...more low.
    LOL!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Banned
    i have Koni's sitting here, just waiting on some RCE yellows and a warm day. was 65 and all the snow melted now its 25 and just dumped a foot in an hour

Quote Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
    i have Koni's sitting here, just waiting on some RCE yellows and a warm day. was 65 and all the snow melted now its 25 and just dumped a foot in an hour
    Wow you guys got hit hard down there, eh?

We got an inch just north of Philly up here.

Soon enough, you will have more low! (Sounds like a good suspension setup BTW)

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Are those 18x8.5s going to fit w/o a tuck when the car is dropped on those RCEs?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

In looking at the pictures, I actually like the winter wheels better than the summers (though like I said, both look good). Though I know you'd rather have the RH's for lighter weight.

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice rims I like the color.
    Does give the Subie and mean look.
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    In looking at the pictures, I actually like the winter wheels better than the summers (though like I said, both look good). Though I know you'd rather have the RH's for lighter weight.
    ya that and the wider rubber, even though their the same total weight. im partial to the RH's all around. one draw back is the turning. with my old 215 winters and now these 215 all seasons, i can turn on a dime it feels like and the steering is very light. with the 245's its like turning a semi truck, very stiff. now an alignment might fix that or its just cause so much more rubber is on the ground. i know i need an alignment because when i took off the summers there was snow on the ground. the tires were all wet but the inside inch or more was bone dry telling me 11% of the tire wasnt touching the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Are those 18x8.5s going to fit w/o a tuck when the car is dropped on those RCEs?
    i believe so. i found one guy with same size wheels and tire on 1" lower epic springs and he said he didnt have to do a thing besides an alignment, so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi WRX View Post
    Very nice rims I like the color.
    Does give the Subie and mean look.
    thanks i like them for that reason.

moving this week so had to re-install my roof rack. also got a wind fairing and added a few stickers that were laying around, see if i can get some pics tomorrow.
    Last edited by synolimit; 02-23-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Yeah RH's are good wheels...I can agree with wider tires. I put 235s on my stock 17x8s on my last STI and it definitely "tightened" things up in regards to steering...but I liked having more contact patch.

And Roof Racks are awesome...I just got done putting a Yakima system with a bike carrier onto my STI. I love the look of it...and it helps that I am a pretty avid road biker haha.

I'm with Mikie--I like the winter wheels better for looks and a slight drop will be nice as well. IMO, those RCE yellows are the perfect amount. I'm biased though, I have the full RCE Bilstein setup. But overall, looks good.

Banned
    took the winters wheels and tires off and sold them (ya i know it was only a week or so). thought we weren't going to get any more snow!! o well, summer DW's seem to be holding up in it haha.

got my RCE yellows and konis on. 1.18" drop front, .65" drop rear. got an alignment and went zero toe on all 4, had to go -2.0 in the rear as there not adjustable, and fronts are zero camber i think. zero fender role and all is well on 18x8.5" +44 with 245/35/18.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast