new summers, new winters, new STI wing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on new summers, new winters, new STI wing within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No rubbing at all with those wheels? I am looking to get some 18x8'' +45 with 235/40/18 and was concerned ...

No rubbing at all with those wheels? I am looking to get some 18x8'' +45 with 235/40/18 and was concerned it might occasionally rub but it sounds like that won't be a problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What are your impressions so far on the Conti DW? I know you are seeing low temps, but even initial impressions would be helpful. It's priced very competitively. Do you like them?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    What are your impressions so far on the Conti DW? I know you are seeing low temps, but even initial impressions would be helpful. It's priced very competitively. Do you like them?
    been raining mostly but so far zero road noise which is nice. ive had no problem with hydroplaning or quick starts so water performace seems good. just have to see about summer performace later. for the price i dont think you can beat them, at least not with all the good reviews by mags and tire rack.

Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    No rubbing at all with those wheels? I am looking to get some 18x8'' +45 with 235/40/18 and was concerned it might occasionally rub but it sounds like that won't be a problem.
    nope, you'll be all good.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
    been raining mostly but so far zero road noise which is nice. ive had no problem with hydroplaning or quick starts so water performace seems good. just have to see about summer performace later. for the price i dont think you can beat them, at least not with all the good reviews by mags and tire rack.
    That's encouraging, thanks.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    little update. the conti DW seem to be doing good. the ride and noise is un-beatable. i still havnt gotten them up to temp and around this one corner by my house the back end seems to let go. another corner the front end feels like it tucks a little but both are when im just a second down the road. anytime they are hot after ive been driving awhile i havnt had one issue were id say they dont grip. a few ramps by my house i keep going faster and faster and all is well. still waiting on a hot summer day.

I Support ClubWRX
    definitely missing some low...

It also blends all together in one single color blob... IMO you need something contrasting... To bad Subaru went back to those brakes in 08

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the Conti update. I'm shopping around with an acquaintance and it's very helpful to have informed opinions.

Banned
    washed, clay barred, waxed, and polished

window chrome vinyl delete strips will be here soon, a little murdered out yo!

Where did you get the chrome delete strips?
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Banned
    3gwrx.com, boostaddic from trebleracing, $26 shipped, matte black or gloss black

Oh, thanks a lot. I was planning on painting them but haven't yet because I didn't want it to be sloppy. I did paint the trunk trim though and it came out good, with some OBP duplicolor.

Car looks sharp!
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Dude your car looks great. Remove the orange reflector in the headlight and paint the rings around the projectors and then you got some perfect murdered out-ness going on there
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Banned
    no way i have the balls for that. i know they'll leak and then ill be pissed that there not sealed and will get foggy.

Banned
    im happy to say i got hooked up with a photographer so im finally gonna get some nice ass pics!!! heres a few shots he did for a dealership. im not looking for anything super crazy, just dont want to spend $800 on a camera and photoshop progaming or use my iphone anymore.

Ummm...more pics of the GT3...in Hi-Res please
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast