• MainFrame

28 44.44%
  • drakejesus231

16 25.40%
  • T0rque/03WRX_YELLOW

17 26.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on February 2011 ClubWRX COTM: Best Bugeye within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In before Mikie or Drews says the yellow beast needs m0ar low...

I Support ClubWRX
    In before Mikie or Drews says the yellow beast needs m0ar low
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AVOWRXWagon View Post
    I am in awwwww of why Mainframe is ahead here but oh well. The yellow wrx is one of a kind or actually 3 or 4 of a kind. THATS IT! I see silver bugyes looking just like his all day everyday
    Look at what Mainframe has done to his car... It's a pretty sweet mod list. The yellow beast is sweet, but it's also not a street legal bugeye... it's a RWD Drag car. Both are definitely cool cars.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    The Yellow Beast is street legal? We have specialty purpose plate. Also it has street tires for the rear ... Drives to and from the track and goes to car shows. Was driven to and from work until recent motor build.

I do wish Armin was here to of entered his sexy EVA

I Support ClubWRX
    No sh!t? Shocker! My apologies ||n||//
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by AVOWRXWagon View Post
    I am in awwwww of why Mainframe is ahead here but oh well. The yellow wrx is one of a kind or actually 3 or 4 of a kind. THATS IT! I see silver bugyes looking just like his all day everyday
    IMO Mainframe's car is the best all around wrx for me. it looks great, has a great mod list, and still has all its interior. the yellow beast is cool and the fact that it makes all that power is sweet. the thing is that to me its mainly a rwd drag car.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 02-22-2011 at 07:16 AM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    No sh!t? Shocker! My apologies ||n||//
    Forgiven... its still fuctional we can drive to places when we want. Gas is not cheap... Q16 But Its funny to see peoples reactions when they spot us on the street. Phones come out to snap pics Lol
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sorry mainframe but I don't see how it's killing this pole.. It's a beautiful stock car but come on.. How many of you guys rock the same amount of work? You can't deny the amount of fabrication time in the PRE Bugeye.. That car wins hands down.. EVA is a beautiful car as well and if I could own any Bugeye built by someone else it would be EVA but as far as actual blood sweat and tears that yellow beast can't be beat..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly, I'm a little surprised at the results myself. But I have put a ton of work and money into the car (along with a fair amount of blood, sweat, and tears). There's a lot of little details that aren't listed, like custom mounted rocker switches, sub control knob, secret kill switch, blacked out interior panels, multiple color selectable interior lights, etc.

I went with tasteful exterior mods.. Personally, I would never rock unpainted carbon fiber body panels, big ass decals, etc. Those things look tacky IMO. But then again, some people like that kind of stuff.

Another thing is, my car is my car, and the only car I own. It's not a shop car. I drive it to school, I take it to the grocery store, I put the car seat in the back and take my daughter to the doctor when she needs to go, it has AC and a radio (AND SEATS, lol).

The reason I bought an Impreza in the first place is because I wanted a four door car, that was all wheel drive, and fun to drive. I'm willing to bet that's the reason most people here got their Impreza. While the yellow beast is really something special, it actually only satisfies one of those requirements (that is, I'm assuming it's fun to drive ).

If I was just wanting a 10 second drag car I would have probably bought a Mustang Cobra or something similar.. with an automatic (gasp).

(and calling my car stock is actually a little insulting.. I wouldn't consider any car with a fully built, balanced, and blueprinted motor stock. Not to mention that it isn't even the same block that comes in the car from the factory.)
    Last edited by MainFrame; 02-22-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Honestly, I'm a little surprised at the results myself. But I have put a ton of work and money into the car (along with a fair amount of blood, sweat, and tears). There's a lot of little details that aren't listed, like custom mounted rocker switches, sub control knob, secret kill switch, blacked out interior panels, multiple color selectable interior lights, etc.

I went with tasteful exterior mods.. Personally, I would never rock unpainted carbon fiber body panels, big ass decals, etc. Those things look tacky IMO. But then again, some people like that kind of stuff.

Another thing is, my car is my car, and the only car I own. It's not a shop car. I drive it to school, I take it to the grocery store, I put the car seat in the back and take my daughter to the doctor when she needs to go, it has AC and a radio (AND SEATS, lol).

The reason I bought an Impreza in the first place is because I wanted a four door car, that was all wheel drive, and fun to drive. I'm willing to bet that's the reason most people here got their Impreza. While the yellow beast is really something special, it actually only satisfies one of those requirements (that is, I'm assuming it's fun to drive ).
    (and calling my car stock is actually a little insulting)
    exactly why i voted for your car and i really like it. always loved the bugeye's.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I voted for the stock rs
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    #1. Our car is not a shop car, its our car. Bobby works there yes and sure we have sponsors that helped with some of the cost but alot of Our Hard earned money has been used and We Pay for the car payment, gas and insurance. No shop pays for that.... ??

#2. Vinyl on car was for sponsors, they helped so they could advertise there company name on the car. No vinyls are currently on the car after custom paint job.

To each their own... We also have tons not listed...motor was sent to Darton to get sleeved. Bobby has added front lip and we are in the middle of a turbo upgrade and relocation, opening season is just two weeks away!

Bobby (prior to new build) would drive the car to and from work, to the store, out for this lunch break or where ever he wanted..hell on the freeway to a meet....it gets driven. I will soon ride in the beast down the track!!!!
    Last edited by 03WRX_YELLOW; 02-23-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    #1. Our car is not a shop car, its our car. Bobby works there yes and sure we have sponsors that helped with some of the cost....but Most of the money is Our Hard earned money and We Pay for the car payment, gas and insurance. No shop pays for that.... ??

#2. Vinyl on car was for sponsors, they helped so they could advertise there company name on the car. No vinyls are currently on the car.

To each their own... We also have tons not listed...motor was sent to Darton to get sleeved. Bobby has added front lip and we are in the middle of a turbo upgrade and relocation, opening season is just two weeks away!

Bobby (prior to new build) would drive the car to and from work, to the store, out for this lunch break or where ever he wanted..hell on the freeway to a meet....it gets driven. It can hold two people. I will soon ride in the beast down the track!!!!

Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible car, but if you only had one vehicle, and a ten month old daughter, I'm willing to bet the yellow beast would be sold for something else. Not to mention that performance wise, there is only one aspect that the beast would out perform my car, and that's in a short, straight line. Auto X, road course, or rally x, and I'm pretty confident in my car's abilities. Not to mention everyday reliability and drive ability. I've averaged 32mph over an entire tank.

Apparently you still make payments on your car? How much does that cost to finance over 12 years? I bought my car cash down, and I pay my insurance, $540/year full coverage. (and e85 costs $2.23/gallon less than 100yards from my house.
    Last edited by MainFrame; 02-23-2011 at 01:38 AM.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible car, but if you only had one vehicle, and a ten month old daughter, I'm willing to bet the yellow beast would be sold for something else. Not to mention that performance wise, there is only one aspect that the beast would out perform my car, and that's in a short, straight line. Auto X, road course, or rally x, and I'm pretty confident in my car's abilities. Not to mention everyday reliability and drive ability. I've averaged 32mph over an entire tank.

Apparently you still make payments on your car? How much does that cost to finance over 12 years? I bought my car cash down, and I pay my insurance, $540/year full coverage. (and e85 costs $2.23/gallon less than 100yards from my house.
    I'm not sure where or what you're trying to get at.. I was just saying that our car is not a shop car... we pay for it, its ours, in our name. And the vinyl isn't something we just put on there for looks. It served a purpose.

And as I've said, to each their own. Everyone has a reason and a purpose to how they build their car... And you have a incredible car too.

We just have two Each build differently

oh and the yellow beast runs Q16... can't get it at any local gas station. (not cheap either! )

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    I'm not sure where or what you're trying to get at.. I was just saying that our car is not a shop car... we pay for it, its ours, in our name. And the vinyl isn't something we just put on there for looks. It served a purpose.

And as I've said, to each their own. Everyone has a reason and a purpose to how they build their car... And you have a incredible car too.

We just have two Each build differently

oh and the yellow beast runs Q16... can't get it at any local gas station. (not cheap either! )

I don't know what I was getting at either.. truthfully, I'm kinda drunk.. it's my 28th birthday somehow right noe. The beast is so much more one off custom than my car. My car isn't near an unique, I'm just trying to do what I think is right....

Ya., I just wrote that

I Support ClubWRX
    Hahahaha happy birthday bro, didn't mean to insult you at all. I really dig your car don't get me wrong. It does have a ton of work being a fully built motor, I know exactly how you feel.. I guess it's just a toss up..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.