Another 2011 WRX owner ......
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another 2011 WRX owner ...... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked up a new WRX hatch last week. I'm quite impressed with the new 2011 WRX having owned a few ...

Another 2011 WRX owner ......

Picked up a new WRX hatch last week. I'm quite impressed with the new 2011 WRX having owned a few of the earlier models. Let the mods begin.

Interestingly enough, the car came with an STi badge on the front grille. I know that the dealer removed a bumper cap off an STi to replace the one on my WRX as it had been scrapped during transport, but i didn't think the grill would come with the bumper -- thoughts?

A couple photos ......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails side1.jpg   front3.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jack(LA) View Post
    Picked up a new WRX hatch last week. I'm quite impressed with the new 2011 WRX having owned a few of the earlier models. Let the mods begin.

Interestingly enough, the car came with an STi badge on the front grille. I know that the dealer removed a bumper cap off an STi to replace the one on my WRX as it had been scrapped during transport, but i didn't think the grill would come with the bumper -- thoughts?

A couple photos ......
    Welcome I would say don't advertise your car as something it's not. Strange that they would leave the STI badge on there, I would remove it, but to each his own
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Welcome I would say don't advertise your car as something it's not. Strange that they would leave the STI badge on there, I would remove it, but to each his own
    Thanks and I agree, even if it's faster than the STi.

I'll need to get the WRX badge from the dealer or go 'badgeless'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack(LA) View Post
    Thanks and I agree, even if it's faster than the STi.

I'll need to get the WRX badge from the dealer or go 'badgeless'.
    Faster??..... you might get some flack for that I removed all badges from mine, I never like advertisement on my car
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Nice car and welcome to the site.

Personally I think you should just remove the STi badge and just leave it badge-less. I actually find it really odd that the dealership left the STi badge on there.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Leave it. It's motivation to make your car faster than an STi, at which point it will become mockingly ironic

I Support ClubWRX
    I believe the grille comes attached to the front bumper.At least that's what I discovered when I removed my front bumper.Might be that the whole unit was damaged & your "knowledgeable" dealer ordered the wrong part.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The grill is removable from the bumper. I took mine off when I installed my supertones.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Gorgeous car. I like the white. You're going to love it!

Congrats on the car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It looks good with the tint.

As for the emblem...meh. I think it's kinda poser-ish to have it but honestly, who cares? It's your car so leave it if you like it. But when I had an Evo we all loathed the guys with Lancer Ralliart's that made them look like Evos. So STI guys are gonna hate you lol.

And you're going to get bashed here if you post about the WRX being faster than the STI. It simply isn't unless you're ONLY talking about magazine 0-60 numbers. The STI has to shift an extra time which accounts for the time difference. Go up 100mph or just take the two cars where there are turns and it's clear which is faster. I mean, it's no coincidence that the Corvette can get to 60mph in 1st gear...

With that said, welcome and enjoy the car!
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

nice car. the dealer may have installed the STI grille as a custom part or part of whatever package was included in your price. http://www.buysubaruaccessories.com/...sti-badge.html

as you can already tell, there is an on going and never ending debate about badges here.

welcome!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Congrats on the car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It looks good with the tint.

As for the emblem...meh. I think it's kinda poser-ish to have it but honestly, who cares? It's your car so leave it if you like it. But when I had an Evo we all loathed the guys with Lancer Ralliart's that made them look like Evos. So STI guys are gonna hate you lol.

And you're going to get bashed here if you post about the WRX being faster than the STI. It simply isn't unless you're ONLY talking about magazine 0-60 numbers. The STI has to shift an extra time which accounts for the time difference. Go up 100mph or just take the two cars where there are turns and it's clear which is faster. I mean, it's no coincidence that the Corvette can get to 60mph in 1st gear...

With that said, welcome and enjoy the car!
    Thanks and being a poseur is not my cup of tea.

I've owed a few Sti's over the years ... 2004 and 2005 ... no need to live the Sti life again.

I was just kidding about the WRX being faster (read the magazine articles and understand about the 0-60 time and one less shift), hence the following that statement.

The WRX is my errand car, needed for hauling wheels and slicks to my tire guy for my baby below, which takes care of the turns and my go-fast urges.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tire up3-1200.jpg  
    Last edited by Jack(LA); 02-01-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Yeah...I can see why the STI is there because the grille actually does attach to the entire bumper assembly. You CAN remove just the grille if you'd like, but my hunch is your dealer was a bit too lazy to do that.

I personally have no desire to make my WRX look like an STI...but to each their own. I've debadged everything except the WRX emblems on my car.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I Support ClubWRX
    me too,i debadged the whole car,but for the WRX.Adds mystery to the whole car,everybody asks,what car is that,what is a "wrx" & what does it means.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.