Cool enough to take up 2 parking spaces... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cool enough to take up 2 parking spaces... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm the same way...when I first got my subie I would park a mile away from everyone....then I washed my ...

I'm the same way...when I first got my subie I would park a mile away from everyone....then I washed my car for the first time and all the touch up paint that the dealership put on came off and I was like F it.....now I park where ever....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If I ever have to go to the store I just drive my truck and take up 4 handicap spots...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I usually park in the expecting mothers parking spots if available....sideways....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

It is understandable that someone would park like that to avoid a door ding, but it seems like the risk of getting keyed for parking like an inconsiderate a**hat would rise greatly, negating any benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by hagen505 View Post
    It is understandable that someone would park like that to avoid a door ding, but it seems like the risk of getting keyed for parking like an inconsiderate a**hat would rise greatly, negating any benefit.
    I can see someone parking in a farther away lot, but not necessarily parking diagonally like an idiot. I do feel that the two cars parked next to him are as big of jerks as the person with the terrible parking job. Maybe they are his/her buddies protecting the car?
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

I mean if I'm in a hurry I'll just put her on the sidewalk. Why should I be inconvenienced?

YouTube - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Place to park?
    Stink-eye Mob #17

2013 WRX STi Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    No big deal. There appears to be plenty of parking available.
    Whether it's a 2011 Honda Fit, or a 2011 Pagani Zonda, people get a flush of excitement when they purchase a new car. They want to keep it "perfect" for as long as possible. I've been there.

Having said that, this is one more reason why I'm now a used car guy. The car comes pre-blemished, and I don't have to go through the trials and tribulations of "OMGaFlyLandedOnMyCar!!!"
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with this when there is lots of parking available..

but when things are tight to begin with and some selfish asshat mother****er wants to pull this crap.. I'm usually the guy to walk up and put a boot print in the door. (and have on quite a few occasions .. I would expect the same if I were that much of a douche) ...

I fully understand the love of a new car, I haven't gotten any dings yet (gotten lots of other blemishes though) in my '10 wrx.. and I still worry about it every time I park it in tight quarters and inspect every time I come out to it in those situations ( I dont know why, it really is setting myself up for the let down.. cuz one day it will happen) .... but parking like this when space is at a premium is just douchebaggery at its worst.

There's too much "me" in this country and not enough "team" .. /rant.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    I once got into an altercation with some crazy b**** who parked her car so close to mine that I wasn't able to get my kid into the car.She was in the car,so I politely asked her if she could move her suv so I could get my kid in.She tells me to go f*** myself & that if I wanted I could back up & then deposit the child.I had to put the kid in through the opposite side.So its not just a matter of door dings.There are some insensitive SOBs out there.
    Moral of story:Park as far away as possible from civilization.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post

I fully understand the love of a new car, I haven't gotten any dings yet (gotten lots of other blemishes though) in my '10 wrx.. and I still worry about it every time I park it in tight quarters and inspect every time I come out to it in those situations ( I dont know why, it really is setting myself up for the let down.. cuz one day it will happen) .... but parking like this when space is at a premium is just douchebaggery at its worst.
    Yea it's kind of a PITA....I got my first reaaaaaally good scratch on my car yesterday. I haven't even made my first payment on the thing yet.

I was parked at the diner yesterday getting some breakfast with the lady, and I was parked very evenly in the spot. Maxima next to me left a gash in my drivers side rear door about 1.5" long and straight down to the metal. I was just beyond pissed off, hell, I still am.

I really don't comprehend how people can be so careless about someone else's property. I really can understand why people park like that though. I've had my car for 3 freakin weeks and have a huge scratch on it now. I've busted my ass to finally get this car, and it's got a bigger gash in it than my 10yr old bmw did. For being 10yrs old that car was flawless.

/rant
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    I've seen things from both sides of the fence..when I was 25 with a shiny new car, it seemed unbelievable that anyone could get out of their car and touch the car next to them. Now I'm amazed when a parent wrestles a toddler and infant out of a sedan and DOESN'T scar the car next door.

My solution: I reserve the truck for undesirable parking circumstances. If I'm forced to park in a lot with the WRX, I park in Egypt. If I do still get a ding...meh...it's just a car.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I once got into an altercation with some crazy b**** who parked her car so close to mine that I wasn't able to get my kid into the car.She was in the car,so I politely asked her if she could move her suv so I could get my kid in.She tells me to go f*** myself & that if I wanted I could back up & then deposit the child.I had to put the kid in through the opposite side.So its not just a matter of door dings.There are some insensitive SOBs out there.
    Moral of story:Park as far away as possible from civilization.

You could have started trying to jam the door open far enough.. although I guess that would be filed under "setting a bad example".

I got back to my car at the airport one day after being in airports and planes for 36 hours to find somebody had parked so close to my driver's side that you couldn't even walk between the cars. I'm talking 2-3 inches. And the best part is, the person was in the end spot where there was about a 1/2 car wide space next to them at the end of the row they could have used. I ended up going through the passenger side and climbing across, which ain't easy for a 6'4 250 lb guy with 2 bad hips and a bad back. And a broken wrist at the time. I swear I didn't key their car..... Only time in my life I've ever (not) done that.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    ...I park in Egypt.
    How can you moderate a website if there are no intarnets?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.