2011 WRX Hatch with some changes....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Hatch with some changes.... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys and gals, This is my first post and i'm very excited to be a part of the Subaru ...

2011 WRX Hatch with some changes....

Hi guys and gals,

This is my first post and i'm very excited to be a part of the Subaru world...

I just got my new 2011 WRX hatch and it is a pretty amazing car. I put an AEM air intake in last weekend and love the results of that also. Sounds awesome and i feel like it's added power although I was told it wouldn't until I change the ECU.

Anyway, I've added a picture of my car but i've altered it to look like the car I want it to look like. The tints are no problem obviously. But, the rear wing i've only seen on race car, never on a road car. Where can I get it? And the rims with a blue strip around the edge, where can i get that?

Also, do you guys like what this car would look like or no?

Thanks a lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRX wing.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! first things first... please take the intake off until you have some sort of engine management. Those intakes tend to make these cars run lean and could potentially cause engine damage unless the ECU is compensating for it. There is a world of info on this site, please do yourself a favor, take the time to research before modifying your car. Could save you big money. I'm not a fan of the wing, but you what they say about opinions I like the stock wing myself.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome,you want to change the stock wing?To everyone his own but I like my stock wing.I would worry about the warranty if I were you before making performance mods on a brand new car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Generally, I would agree with the above post.
    Intake FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    While the AEM intake may not skew the A/F ratios, it also may be altering the A/F ratios without your knowledge. I would remove the intake and do some research before making any other purchases. Realistically, you wasted $250; 250 bucks that could have been spent on an opensource tune.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Hey, i do love the WRC wing. Always have on a hatch so would really like it.

As far as the air intake. I did a lot of research actually and am lucky to know someone who is very respected in the Subaru performance world. He advised me that the air intake would not cause any damage at all to the car but that in the future I would need to buy an access port which i am going to do.

I understand about lean and rich etc etc...but i don't see why so many people say so many different things about things like this. Kinda annoying really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumperuk View Post
    I but i don't see why so many people say so many different things about things like this. Kinda annoying really.
    This is because most people don't understand a\f ratios and the effect they have on an engine, or don't have an understanding of Subarus in general. I don't mean to be arguementative but someone respected in the Subaru would have told you that your '11 WRX requires an ECU tune in order to run that intake safely. You are running a risk, knock is deadly for these engines. Best case scenario is that knock is being detected without your knowledge, and the ECU is pulling timing and boost, and you are losing performance.

zax
    The link I provided is documented by one of the MOST respected members of the Subaru community. He his compiled nearly all relevant information for any modification imaginable; all while keeping an open, bias-free perspective.

Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

Facebook me here

My 2 cents...the differences of opinions and suggestions is mostly due to changes between the years of these cars. Things that were true for a 2002 bugeye aren't necessarily true for a 2011. Like I think you can swap in a downpipe on an older WRX without a tune and be mostly ok. I think, but don't know for sure. But on a 08+ that's definitely not advisable. So when people offer advice sometimes it's from 10 years of Subaru experience but not necessarily your model/year. It's still valuable input though.

Personally, my research has led me to believe that the AEM intake does rock for the 2011 WRX but a tune is a must. Sure you can drive the car and feel some gains but the stock tune on these cars is already scary lean in my opinion. So to increase that tendency makes me nervous.

If you just get an AccessPort next you can put a stock+AEM tune on the car and have some piece of mind. You can get one used to save money if that's the issue. Just be sure to get the "003" model which works for all 08+ WRX and STIs.

As for the wing...just do a bunch of googling. Anything for a 08+ STI hatchback should work...or at least you can get the manufacturer/style and contact them to be sure.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

ok ok thanks all...

I spoke with my guy for a while this morning and now understand everything the air intake does and doesn't do. I realize what it does and doesn't do with and without a tune and all different rpm styles of driving. I am comfortable with my decision to install it and before i drive the car harder (still haven't took it above 4000rpms) i will install stage 1 map. And if i ever race it i will of course get it pro tuned.

So, back to the point of the thread. Anyone know of rims like this and/or the rear wing?

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    My 2 cents...the differences of opinions and suggestions is mostly due to changes between the years of these cars. Things that were true for a 2002 bugeye aren't necessarily true for a 2011. Like I think you can swap in a downpipe on an older WRX without a tune and be mostly ok. I think, but don't know for sure. But on a 08+ that's definitely not advisable. So when people offer advice sometimes it's from 10 years of Subaru experience but not necessarily your model/year. It's still valuable input though.

Personally, my research has led me to believe that the AEM intake does rock for the 2011 WRX but a tune is a must. Sure you can drive the car and feel some gains but the stock tune on these cars is already scary lean in my opinion. So to increase that tendency makes me nervous.

If you just get an AccessPort next you can put a stock+AEM tune on the car and have some piece of mind. You can get one used to save money if that's the issue. Just be sure to get the "003" model which works for all 08+ WRX and STIs.

As for the wing...just do a bunch of googling. Anything for a 08+ STI hatchback should work...or at least you can get the manufacturer/style and contact them to be sure.
    Tell me more about the used access port. I was sure that once you've used it once on a car that you can't use it ever on another car? Is this not the case...? Otherwise wouldn't peopel just buy one and then rent it out to their friends lol?

So, back to the point of the thread. Anyone know of rims like this and/or the rear wing? Thanks all.
    Wing, don't know but the rims are stock 2011 wheels. The Accessport can only be used one 1 car at a time but can be "unmarried" from the original car and reused on another.

zax
    Tell me more about the used access port. I was sure that once you've used it once on a car that you can't use it ever on another car? Is this not the case...? Otherwise wouldn't peopel just buy one and then rent it out to their friends lol?
    Once it's "married" (mated with a specific ECU), the AccessPort will cease to function with another ECU, so you cannot use the AP on your friend's car. However, the AP can be unmarried -- meaning your ECU is restored to "stock" -- and utilized to flash another ECU. Consider this tactic the automobile version of DRM.

Facebook me here

Oh ok gotcha...wow, awesome. So i will try to find a used one then. Although maybe risky because someone could sell it "married" and i'd get it in the mail and it wouldn't work?

Sorry, about the rims, i just means rims with a blue outline on them, anyone seen these before?

Oh ok gotcha...wow, awesome. So i will try to find a used one then. Although maybe risky because someone could sell it "married" and i'd get it in the mail and it wouldn't work?

Sorry, about the rims, i just means rims with a blue outline on them, anyone seen these before?
    That looks like it was photoshopped in, if you look closely, you can see the pixels

zax
    Yes, you'd have to send the AP into Cobb to have it reprogrammed. It would be a $400-500 ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    That looks like it was photoshopped in, if you look closely, you can see the pixels
    The OP photoshopped that photo. I am under the assumption that it is [his?] car! I believe [he?] is asking if there are wheels on the market that are of that design.

Facebook me here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.