Reasonable pic requested - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62

This is a discussion on Reasonable pic requested within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ban!...

  1. #46
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,742
    Ban!
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    35
    "Magical software"? I guess not only are you a photographer & Admin but also a software designer. Why doesn't it exist to you? Is it because it wasn't published for mainstream society. I didn't know you had resources that monitored what every software designer in the USA is creating. You referring to it as "magicial" doesn't change the fact that it took months for him to successfully factor in most of the different variables that comprise a photo. By your logicial I consider 3D LED LCD flat screens televisions "magical".

  4. #48
    Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    Verdugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Sea-Town, WA
    Posts
    13,307
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTiraPiedra View Post
    I'm happy that your able to admit it that's the first step in seeking out an appropriate psyhologist who will be able to aid you in your rehabilitation back into society. Good luck "as*hole".
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTiraPiedra View Post
    "growing up to do" Considering what the rest of the members have posted and you as an Admin state this. What exactly makes them more mature? The suspense is killing me! The only reason why I posted those specific words in capitals is because I've read several post in which the OP post a question and the responding members fail to understand the question. Proper punctuation makes a difference in most cases.
    Learning to use the Quote button properly makes a difference too. I almost responded to your previous post because I thought it was directed at me, but then realized that it wasn't since you didn't use any sort of direct quotation.

    Now, which specific words are you capitals? I've obviously missed it.

    As far as maturity goes, I just looked back in this thread. Just about everyone was joking at first, and then when TheJ stepped in, all of a sudden YOU were the one that got flustered:

    It's funny
    How the ones that are replying with smart comments don't own a 2011 WRX both the premium & limited come stock with a wing that has a built in third brake light. This means it does not have an internal brake light on the rear deck. It's because of members like the ones above contributing nothing useful that the WRX & STI owners are referred to as douche-bags around my area. I'm not frustrated at all but when you try to make it look like i'm lazy or stupid I'm not going to just ignore it. You don't want to be insulted than don't insult me. Thanks to the admin TheJ & lytlec only members that seem to have a higher IQ therefore contributing positively.
    So then, everyone else (rage-wrx, dbya rx, KnightFury) all said that they didn't mean to offend you, yet you refused to accept their apologies:

    What you consider joking I consider ridiculing your taunts are no different from indirectly insulting someone face to face. Spare me your sad attempts at an informal apology. No one forced anyone of the members that had nothing positive to contribute to look at my post nor make ignorant comments.
    Seemed like they wanted to take the moral highroad to me, but you insisted that they're somehow being insulting. How exactly would you accept their apology in this case? Perhaps if they said "OH MY GOD, I'm SO sorry for offending you. I should never ever try to poke fun at someone on an online forum, because they might think I actually hate their guts and am being passive-aggressive with my insult. So sorry!"

    The only person on this thread being a total douchebag is you. People poked fun and after you got upset, they apologized, but you refused to accept their apology. So yes, in my opinion, they have definitely been more mature than you, and quite honestly if you said in your original post why you even needed such an random photo to begin with, it would've saved you a whole lot of grief.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

  5. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    35
    Ban? This from someone who has Dave Chappelle as his avatar photo.

  6. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    35
    To be honest I wouldn't accept anyones apology. It wouldn't be sincere therefore nullifies the purpose of an apology. I personally accept the fact that us as a society are flawed. Do not mistake my behavior for one that believes he is superior to anyone. I consider everyone as equal to me. However when they decided to act childish and post moranic replies to something so simple I will show them the errors in their ways. Once again your assuming poking fun. Poking fun is not to be mistaking for being an a**hole. An example of poking fun would have been along the lines of posting a picture of a wrong year than what I asked or posting a wrong vehicle altogether. I never lost my temper. Get upset over what exactly? Individuals that just show the rest of their peers just how low of an IQ they have and this isn't directed at you Verdugo I believe you were trying to help. I just didn't see the point of you wasting your time over a simple request. I've noticed that you don't have the car i'm requesting a photo of. This is based off the cars you have posted in you signature. How much hassle would you have to go through in terms of taking that picture? When they are members on here that own the car I would like a photo of. As for your douche bag comment you may perceive it as i'm being that way that's your opinion your entitled to it. I perceive the other members of being douche bags. This excludes the ones that actually tried to help. How exactly would it have saved me grief? Do you honestly think that if I would have included a reason that everyone would have acted more mature? What difference what that make? Is everyone going to come and help me in my future plans? The truth is it took very little for this post to get off track because of the members that chose to post. Most are just upset that rather than ignore I reposted. They will try to justify their actions by claiming it was all in good fun at the expense of the OP. No surprise some members don't want to make a thread and end up having more difficulties with their projects.
    Last edited by DRTiraPiedra; 12-03-2010 at 05:51 PM.

  7. #51
    Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    Verdugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Sea-Town, WA
    Posts
    13,307
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTiraPiedra View Post
    "Magical software"? I guess not only are you a photographer & Admin but also a software designer. Why doesn't it exist to you? Is it because it wasn't published for mainstream society. I didn't know you had resources that monitored what every software designer in the USA is creating. You referring to it as "magicial" doesn't change the fact that it took months for him to successfully factor in most of the different variables that comprise a photo. By your logicial I consider 3D LED LCD flat screens televisions "magical".
    Since you put it that way, if your "associate" truly created the software you describe, then it would be pretty revolutionary and thus I'm surprised it isn't in the mainstream, provided that it actually does what you say. I coin it as being "magical" because I have no idea how it WOULD exist. Determining light output from a compressed image file sounds impossible. What happens if that the exposure from the raw, pre-compressed image file has blown out highlights? Those highlights are automatically translated as just being pure white, which of course does not offer any sort of light output metric whatsoever. Blown out highlights are the enemy of every photographer, and are more likely to happen with on-camera compressed JPEG files than with RAW format files.

    Thus, given these hurdles, logically it would make sense for me or any other photographer to be skeptical about your "associate's" months-in-the-works software. I could very well be easily wrong and this software could be the next Adobe Photoshop, but until that's proven and accepted into the mainstream, then yes absolutely it remains "magical" in my eyes. And yes, a "3D LED LCD flat screen" IS magical, since flat screen TVs these days are either LED, LCD, or Plasma...not a combination. Moreover, 2 years ago I would've considered any 3D TV magical since I'd have no idea how they would be able to accomplish it.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

  8. #52
    Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    Verdugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Sea-Town, WA
    Posts
    13,307
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTiraPiedra View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't accept anyones apology. It wouldn't be sincere therefore nullifies the purpose of an apology. I personally accept the fact that us as a society are flawed. Do not mistake my behavior for one that believes he is superior to anyone. I consider everyone as equal to me. However when they decided to act childish and post moranic replies to something so simple I will show them the errors in their ways.
    If you wouldn't accept anyone's apology, that in and of itself shows that you definitely have some growing up to do, and our society is flawed because there are too many people out there like yourself who are unable to forgive.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

  9. #53
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,742
    Quote Originally Posted by DRTiraPiedra View Post
    Ban? This from someone who has Dave Chappelle as his avatar photo.
    Yes, you seem to have no social graces whatsoever, you insist on arguing even lying about software that everyone knows doesn't exist. Just go to NASIOC,or WRX modders. Your not making any friends here with this babble.

    Nobodys jealous of your camry.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  10. #54
    Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    Verdugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Sea-Town, WA
    Posts
    13,307
    I Support ClubWRX
    Since you added to your post...

    Quote Originally Posted by DRTiraPiedra View Post
    However when they decided to act childish and post moranic replies to something so simple I will show them the errors in their ways. Once again your assuming poking fun is not to be mistaking for being an a**hole. An example of poking fun would have been along the lines of posting a picture of a wrong year than what I asked or posting a wrong vehicle altogether. I never lost my temper. Get upset over what exactly?
    Really now? You never lost your temper? Let me remind you of what you said right after all the "moranic" (sic) replies:

    Directed at all the Smart As*
    Reason for my request is simple. NONE of the dealers here have what I asked you bunch of crash test dummies. They either have the premium trim or limited sedan or the 5 doors. Why don't you use your brains productively rather than contribute idiotic comments. If there was a base WRX sedan I would already own it and wouldn't be requesting a picture.
    You definitely don't sound like everything's peachy keen to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by DRTiraPiedra View Post
    Individuals that just show the rest of their peers just how low of an IQ they have and this isn't directed at you Verdugo I believe you were trying to help. I just didn't see the point of you wasting your time over a simple request.
    I got onto this thread because I moderate this forum, and certain people (yourself included) needed to chill out. I'm glad that you saw that I was trying to be helpful nonetheless.

    Quote Originally Posted by DRTiraPiedra View Post
    I've noticed that you don't have the car i'm requesting a photo of. How much hassle would you have to go through in terms of taking that picture? When they are members on here that own the car I would like a photo of. As for your douche bag comment you may percieve it as i'm being that way that's your opinion your entitled to it. I percieve the other members of being douche bags. This excludes the ones that actually tried to help.
    If taking the photo you asked for isn't such a hassle in your eyes, then in turn it would make sense that it wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't get what you wanted right away and without some questions as to why. It's not a big deal, after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by DRTiraPiedra View Post
    How exactly would it have saved me grief? Do you honestly think that if I would have included a reason that everyone would have acted more mature? What difference what that make? Is everyone going to come and help me in my future plans? The truth is it took very little for this post to get off track because of the members that chose to post. Most are just upset that rather than ignore I reposted. They will try to justify their actions by claiming it was all in good fun at the expense of the OP.
    Yes, I absolutely believe that if you formatted your original post with a reason as to why you need it, then it wouldn't have opened itself up for people asking you questions. Here is your original post again:

    Reasonable pic requested
    Requesting a stock base 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan picture. I need a picture of the rear of the car with all three brake lights lit. In other words I want to see how bright the third brake light is. The glass can be tinted or not however if it's tinted please let me know of the %. Thank you.
    If I were to post this up for what you're asking, I would've posted it as follows:

    "Hi everyone,

    I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a photo of the rear of a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan with all three brake lights lit. I'd like to see how bright the third brake light is in comparison to the other two, because I want to try to modify my brake lights to match the output of a BMW of Cadillac and see how much work I would have to do if the output of the third brake light is too low. The glass can be tinted or not, however if it's tinted, please let me know of the %.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you."

    I would be good money that if you formatted your original post this way, you'd get little to no "immature" responses, although I probably would still question how you'll be able to measure light output through a compressed image file.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

  11. #55
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,769
    I Support ClubWRX

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  12. #56
    The Default One SeattleJeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,488
    It's been a while sense a mod let a thread like this go on for so long.

    DRTiraPiedra, thank you for the entertainment, and goodbye. You'll fit right in over at NASIOC.

  13. #57
    Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    Verdugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Sea-Town, WA
    Posts
    13,307
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    It's been a while sense a mod let a thread like this go on for so long.

    DRTiraPiedra, thank you for the entertainment, and goodbye. You'll fit right in over at NASIOC.
    To be fair, it's not like he totally switched to calling me or anyone really bad names or started talking about their mothers. For the most part, he's done decently well at defending his views and opinions. If he started spouting off profanities and such, something would've been done immediately. Then again, maybe I'm just more laid back than I used to be?
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

  14. #58
    The Default One SeattleJeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    To be fair, it's not like he totally switched to calling me or anyone really bad names or started talking about their mothers. For the most part, he's done decently well at defending his views and opinions. If he started spouting off profanities and such, something would've been done immediately. Then again, maybe I'm just more laid back than I used to be?
    I suppose that's true, but he did dodge the swear filter on the word "ass" a few times...
    Oh... that word isn't filtered

    Edit: darn, ******* is filtered. I feel a little silly now.

  15. #59
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,742
    Here is why I'm attracted to this thread. I don't get the question, who cares how bright their brake lights are? Is it just me? And BMW and Cadillac? Did some governing body determine their brake lights superior? What about Mercedes and lexus, or Volvo and Lincoln? Im going to have to go read all this dewds posts now.....
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  16. #60
    Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    Verdugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Sea-Town, WA
    Posts
    13,307
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Here is why I'm attracted to this thread. I don't get the question, who cares how bright their brake lights are? Is it just me? And BMW and Cadillac? Did some governing body determine their brake lights superior? What about Mercedes and lexus, or Volvo and Lincoln? Im going to have to go read all this dewds posts now.....
    Yeah, I don't really understand it either, but I also don't care. I've seen enough mods to people's Subarus that I stop questioning why they do them, whether I think the mod is worth it or not.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •