06 wrx vs 11 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx vs 11 wrx within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 06 has a SPT air intake, excedy stage 1 clutch, prolite flywheel. 11 has cat back SPT exhaust kit...

06 wrx vs 11 wrx

06 has a SPT air intake, excedy stage 1 clutch, prolite flywheel.

11 has cat back SPT exhaust kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Very nice... which 1 do you like better?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I'll take the 11' any day of the week. Only thing I don't like about it is the tails and silver exhaust cut out things. They look better without them.

My choice

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Very nice... which 1 do you like better?
    The 2011 has a turbo that spools at a lower rpm which is nice, the exhaust is a bit annoying in the morning!

The 06 has a stiffer transmission which is alot better, the flywheel drops the rpm down fast allowing me to gain more hp foe each gear.

Both are fun to drive but if I had to choose I would go with the 06, which I could mod out to gain my hp and torque form.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Is it just me or do the new WRX's just look cheap under the hood anymore? I don't like all of the plastic (that's not to say there wasn't a lot before, but there's a lot more now).

Nice side by sides though, I do love that red.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Yeah very true... I like the 2011's a lot, but they do have more of a "rubbermaid" feel under the hood... I'm not a fan of the exhaust outlets either, I think 1 outlet would've been sufficient... the larger turbo and more comfortable seats would be nice as well... good shots though... do you plan on keeping the 06?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Is it just me or do the new WRX's just look cheap under the hood anymore? I don't like all of the plastic (that's not to say there wasn't a lot before, but there's a lot more now).

I do the red color, my 06 was my dirst and my mod and family car.

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Yeah very true... I like the 2011's a lot, but they do have more of a "rubbermaid" feel under the hood... I'm not a fan of the exhaust outlets either, I think 1 outlet would've been sufficient... the larger turbo and more comfortable seats would be nice as well... good shots though... do you plan on keeping the 06?

I plan on keeping the 06 i bought the vf 22 for it and the Cobb port, Im also looking at the perrin flat black top mount intercooler to give the car a major hp boost.

I don't see how it's not better. Smaller tmic that is just as efficient as the bigger older intercooler, plastic intake manifold doesn't retain heat like the older ones do. Only downfall is the plastic bov. Lets face it, most applications to the plastic intake manifold will be just suitable to the power being run. The people that will need something that will work better are just going to dump the money into the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallywrx06 View Post
    I plan on keeping the 06 i bought the vf 22 for it and the Cobb port, Im also looking at the perrin flat black top mount intercooler to give the car a major hp boost.
    Why bother without an exhaust?

The 2011 has a turbo that spools at a lower rpm which is nice, the exhaust is a bit annoying in the morning!

The 06 has a stiffer transmission which is alot better, the flywheel drops the rpm down fast allowing me to gain more hp foe each gear.

Both are fun to drive but if I had to choose I would go with the 06, which I could mod out to gain my hp and torque form.
    Hey, Lovely Subaru! And thanks for the nice comparison between the models, pretty neat lol.

By the way, what do you mean the exhaust is a bit annoying in the morning? I've heard a cold SPT exhaust start up and it wasn't too loud and was pretty nice.

Ps. Wooo first post, looking to get an 11' just like yours!

Well everyone is gonna have different opinions. I also like the stock exhaust or spt on cold start, though I want a loud aftermarket exhaust like I had on my 03 and 06 wrx's. Also I prefer my stock 2011 wrx in every way to my old stg2 06 and 03.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think this is accurate. The TD04-13T in the 2006 is a smaller turbo (than the VF52) and hits peak boost at a lower RPM on the large 2.5L motor. The VF52 is better suited for the 2.5L IMO, but doesn't spool as quickly.

Do you mean that you can mod the 06 because the warranty is soon-to-be expired?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Agreed. But that's just about all cars now.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Unexpected, but I find myself actually preferring the looks of the 2011.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast