Lionheart153 Ablum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

This is a discussion on Lionheart153 Ablum within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I'm a big photography buff but its hard for me to take time to do it. but when ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Lionheart153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    63

    Lionheart153 Ablum

    Hey guys I'm a big photography buff but its hard for me to take time to do it. but when i do ill post pics up.

    my old benz i traded for the WRX. Miss those HIDs




    and the new kid on the block




  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2

    Admin - Scooby Hooligan

    Weasel 555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    UK,NY,AK,FL
    Posts
    23,158
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome , nice pics mate
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

    I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

  4. #3
    Registered User 1speed...FAST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HILLSBORO, OR
    Posts
    723
    Very nice! what do you shoot with?
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

  5. #4
    Registered User Lionheart153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    63
    thanks

    I'm using a T1i rebel at the moment just, the merc and audi pics are with a 50mm and just using the standard 18mm-55mm lens. the Subaru pics are using my brothers wide angle lens






  6. #5
    Registered User 1speed...FAST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HILLSBORO, OR
    Posts
    723
    Very nice! I really need to invest in a wide angle soon.
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

  7. #6
    Registered User Graham46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Harford County, MD
    Posts
    743
    go for a used canon 17-40L on keh.com. Youll never take it off your camera...
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

    www.grahamsnodgrass.com

  8. #7
    Registered User 1speed...FAST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HILLSBORO, OR
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    go for a used canon 17-40L on keh.com. Youll never take it off your camera...
    I was thinking about going with the Sigma 10-20mm.
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

  9. #8
    Registered User Graham46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Harford County, MD
    Posts
    743
    Thats a good lens and all, but you wont be able to use it if you ever switch to a full frame sensor (like the 5D or 1D). The 10-22 and 17-40 are essentially the same zoom length when you apply the crop factor:

    10x1.6=16, 22x1.6=35.2

    Also, nothing can compete with L glass, its sharpness bests any other type of lens Ive used, not to mention how it handles CA. Considering the fact that theyre around the same price, it should be a no brainer

    Oh, and the 17-40 is f/4 all the way through... dont know about the 10-22, its probably like f/3.5-5.6 or something. Just get the L homey.

    Edit: I may have done the math wrong. Im not used to dealing with anything but full frame anymore. Just go with whatever you want :P
    Last edited by Graham46; 10-25-2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Dont know what Im talking about.
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

    www.grahamsnodgrass.com

  10. #9
    Registered User 1speed...FAST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HILLSBORO, OR
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    Thats a good lens and all, but you wont be able to use it if you ever switch to a full frame sensor (like the 5D or 1D). The 10-22 and 17-40 are essentially the same zoom length when you apply the crop factor:

    10x1.6=16, 22x1.6=35.2

    Also, nothing can compete with L glass, its sharpness bests any other type of lens Ive used, not to mention how it handles CA. Considering the fact that theyre around the same price, it should be a no brainer

    Oh, and the 17-40 is f/4 all the way through... dont know about the 10-22, its probably like f/3.5-5.6 or something. Just get the L homey.

    Edit: I may have done the math wrong. Im not used to dealing with anything but full frame anymore. Just go with whatever you want :P
    That all sounds great, but does that Canon lens work on the Nikon D60?
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

  11. #10
    Registered User Lionheart153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    63
    it could if you got an adapter. any wide angle full frame lens are sick to work with i think. it just makes the world look crzy but for now im just messing with some basic stuff. my brother has the wide angle lens i used for the subaru, but i want to use my dads fish eye lens and give it a run.

  12. #11
    Registered User 1speed...FAST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HILLSBORO, OR
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart153 View Post
    it could if you got an adapter. any wide angle full frame lens are sick to work with i think. it just makes the world look crzy but for now im just messing with some basic stuff. my brother has the wide angle lens i used for the subaru, but i want to use my dads fish eye lens and give it a run.
    I'm not sure what kind of adapter you're talking about. Could you give me a link or a name to look up. That sounds interesting.

    and please take some with the fish eye i'm interested to see those!
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

  13. #12
    Registered User Graham46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Harford County, MD
    Posts
    743
    My bad bro, forgot you were Nikon. Just save your $ and do some research about which wide angle lens is best for the smaller size sensor. You dont wanna go too long without having one in your bag, otherwise youll find yourself constantly backing up
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

    www.grahamsnodgrass.com

  14. #13
    Registered User 1speed...FAST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    HILLSBORO, OR
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    My bad bro, forgot you were Nikon. Just save your $ and do some research about which wide angle lens is best for the smaller size sensor. You dont wanna go too long without having one in your bag, otherwise youll find yourself constantly backing up
    haha no worries. Ya it's kind of lame i've had my camera for almost two years now and still don't have one. I might have to wait till after all the holidays as well but when i get it...look out!!
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

  15. #14
    Registered User Lionheart153's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    63
    My winter rims are ugly









  16. #15
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,338
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    not bad on all accounts.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •