PS CS4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PS CS4 within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Can anyone point me in a good direction for finding a good price on PS CS4?...

PS CS4

Can anyone point me in a good direction for finding a good price on PS CS4?
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User clevelander2002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed...FAST! View Post
    Can anyone point me in a good direction for finding a good price on PS CS4?
    Adobe has a student discount program if you are a college student or have a friend who is a college student.

I can't remember what the price was but is was significantly lower than the other prices that I had found.
    His: 07 Blue WRX TR
    Short throw shifter, K&N drop-in w/ intake silencer delete, SPT exhaust, GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace.

Hers: 09 Red Forester XT w/ K&N drop-in.

It is like $140 for the student/teacher edition.

Craigslist is great, and if you don't mind "sharing" it from multiple "friends", there are also many many ways to do that...

Registered User clevelander2002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RippinWRX View Post
    It is like $140 for the student/teacher edition.

Craigslist is great, and if you don't mind "sharing" it from multiple "friends", there are also many many ways to do that...
    I just checked Adobe's website and CS5 is $199 for students.
    His: 07 Blue WRX TR
    Short throw shifter, K&N drop-in w/ intake silencer delete, SPT exhaust, GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace.

Hers: 09 Red Forester XT w/ K&N drop-in.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RippinWRX
    Stealing is
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Stealing is
    Hey, when times are rough, ya gotta do what ya gotta do...
    Thankfully, I have a hookup through Apple, and I got the whole CS5 for $300

However, I have buddies in my Graphic Design program, that have used less-than-legal methods to obtain it.... Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Quote Originally Posted by clevelander2002 View Post
    I just checked Adobe's website and CS5 is $199 for students.
    ya i found that as well. I'm just wondering what the difference between the students edition and regular edition are.

All i found is that someone stated it prohibits "commercial use", and then there was a huge thread on the debate of what "commercial use" is. lol so i don't know.

If anyone can clarify this that would be great, because $200 for a program that is going for $700 is quite the deal. Thanks everyone!
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed...FAST!
    All i found is that someone stated it prohibits "commercial use", and then there was a huge thread on the debate of what "commercial use" is. lol so i don't know.

If anyone can clarify this that would be great, because $200 for a program that is going for $700 is quite the deal. Thanks everyone!
    They offer a discounted version of the software to students for educational purposes. In order to use it for commercial purposes, you need to purchase a full version.

Do you understand the concept of commerce?
    Last edited by EJ257; 09-28-2010 at 11:05 PM.

UNYSOC

ya i found that as well. I'm just wondering what the difference between the students edition and regular edition are.

They prohibit you from selling anything you produce with the student/teacher edition

Ok, yes i understand that they prohibit you from profiting off of the student version. I was just wondering, and i'm not asking because i'm gonna become a wealthy individual or something off of this, but how can they know that your producing the works through their software? Just really curious?
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine

Ok, yes i understand that they prohibit you from profiting off of the student version. I was just wondering, and i'm not asking because i'm gonna become a wealthy individual or something off of this, but how can they know that your producing the works through their software? Just really curious?
    You know, I have no idea whatsoever...

When you install the software, they ask you to register the product with your name and an e-mail address... Im sure they can keep track that way

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed...FAST!
    The software used is stored in the file information (e.g., in a picture, there is a line that would say "Adobe Photoshop CS4 Student Edition" or whatever it is). Edit a picture in Photoshop and open it in another program like ACDSee; you'll see what I'm talking about.

If your business got audited, they would check your computer and see what software you were using.
    Last edited by EJ257; 09-29-2010 at 05:42 AM.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The software used is stored in the file information (e.g., in a picture, there is a line that would say "Adobe Photoshop CS4 Student Edition" or whatever it is). Edit a picture in Photoshop and open it in another program like ACDSee; you'll see what I'm talking about.

If your business got audited, they would check your computer and see what software you were using.
    Oh ok, that makes sense.
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.