Matte Black Bugeye on 18 x 9.5's.... and LOW
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Matte Black Bugeye on 18 x 9.5's.... and LOW within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; New to the forum, figured I would share some pics of the car. It's pretty basic, it's just my daily! ...

Matte Black Bugeye on 18 x 9.5's.... and LOW

New to the forum, figured I would share some pics of the car. It's pretty basic, it's just my daily!

Wheels are XXR 522's, 18x9.5 all the way around, +30 offset, 225/35/18 tires, solid stretch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    that's hella flush dawg
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm gonna be frank, that looks absolutely terrible.

I figured I would be getting that at some point from the Subaru crowd.

I Support ClubWRX
    Why no window tint? Socal?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Only had the car for a month now, been doing all this other crap so I haven't had a chance to do tint yet. Going to within the next few weeks, nothing too dark though. South Carolina btw, no rules around here really.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the tint will help a lot with appearance.

You honestly won't get much in the way of a positive response from the majority of the subaru community about the "Hella Flush" and "Murdered Out" WRX. We are in general a very performance oriented community, and external modifications that actually lower performance are somewhat frowned upon.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Yeah, I have been a 240 owner all my life and bought this as a daily. I am going merely for looks and will never track it. I know this kills most subaru owners but I think everyone should do as they please with their car, as long as they are enjoying it. I have an rx7 that I keep on the track, no need to beat on my daily.

Side note, I have never been a fan of "Murdered" out cars myself, got these wheels to see how I would like the varied finish look and I'm going to be powder coating the wheels soon, just trying to decide on a color.

i like it!! these vehicles are so versatile in their uses, so it's nice to see different looks. like already stated you probably will get some negative responses around here but don't we all in everything in life gotta make your car yours.

also IMO if your gonna go with black wheels i'd say black layover your tails too with the tint.

and welcome!
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    As said, in general the population frowns on stuff like hella flush (it's called wrong fitment for a very good reason and these setups are practically a cancer to the automotive community), slammed cars with tucked tires, and other stuff that might reduce performance and usefulness. You do have the intention of at least painting the car right? Unfortunately it looks like it's primered. That's where it stands to me at least.

While the "mod your car the way you want it" ideal does has its merits, you have to understand that some of us will be offended and take it personal. What an Impreza owner does to their car reflects on other Impreza owners. Hence the reputations that Hondas, SRT-4s, etc have.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post

, you have to understand that some of us will be offended and take it personal.
    chill bra

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX703va View Post
    chill bra
    Cool story bro.

Join another forum to troll.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 1speed...FAST! View Post
    also IMO if your gonna go with black wheels i'd say black layover your tails too with the tint.
    I disagree... Those things are dangerous. I had someone slam on the brakes in front of me on the highway the other day and I didn't see their brake lights. Almost rear-rammed em. Tinted tails are dangerous!!

Though I do think that something needs to be installed in the blinker hole!!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I disagree... Those things are dangerous. I had someone slam on the brakes in front of me on the highway the other day and I didn't see their brake lights. Almost rear-rammed em. Tinted tails are dangerous!!

ok sorry i guess i should have stated that differently. I 100% agree with you on not making them completely black so people behind you can't see the lights turn on. However i have seen an STI with a layover that was quite light but darkened it enough to make a drasticly different appearance. then again it was on the 06-07 tails and they are much brighter with all the crome in the bottom half. you could see the lights very clearly and the whole fixture without the lights on.
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

Quote Originally Posted by 1speed...FAST! View Post
    i like it!! these vehicles are so versatile in their uses, so it's nice to see different looks. like already stated you probably will get some negative responses around here but don't we all in everything in life gotta make your car yours.

and welcome!
    Thanks man, the wheels will be power coated soon though so no tail light tint for me!

While the "mod your car the way you want it" ideal does has its merits, you have to understand that some of us will be offended and take it personal. What an Impreza owner does to their car reflects on other Impreza owners. Hence the reputations that Hondas, SRT-4s, etc have.
    I completely understand your point on this. I was at a car show about a month ago and saw three wrx's grouped together that were all blue, H&R on KYB's, and the same factory bbs's. Now this is obviously what the subaru crowd favors but to the general public don't you think it's getting a bit old to see the same car replicated 1,000's of times? If I wanted the same car as everyone else I would just buy a stock one and leave it that way. What's the point in "modding" a car if everyone ends up with the same result?

BAHA! Yeah.... the car was in a bad accident and both fenders were crushed along with the side markers, still waiting on the new ones to come in!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast