Matte Black Bugeye on 18 x 9.5's.... and LOW - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Matte Black Bugeye on 18 x 9.5's.... and LOW within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cool bugeye,love what you've done so far....

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cool bugeye,love what you've done so far.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dig the matte black and the rims not so much the off set but if you like it its all that matters. Now I would love to tuck a new legacy like that. Let's just say I had a dream..lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Kudos for doing something different!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Kudos for doing something different!
    +1 million gold star stickers
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    blinker hole!!
    teehee... you said blinker hole.

i'm not a big fan of it, but it's nice to see something a little different.

coming from the VW community, i saw a lot of this.
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

Thanks guys, even though it's not everyone's cup of tea I'm glad to see some open minds.

Here's my two cents, throw on some paint, get some OEM fenders with side markers, and add a lip. I really like the stance but I'm not the biggest fan of XXR's. What's your suspension setup?
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Stance coilovers, and all brand new oem parts, ball joints, lca's, etc. due to the accident.

It looks unique, and those rims are 1" too big for me or they would look perfect. The matte thing is more of a hotrod style, not WRX. I still think it looks good in its own way.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal
    You do have the intention of at least painting the car right? Unfortunately it looks like it's primered. That's where it stands to me at least.
    I really like it actually. I'm personally not too into the lowering but hey if you like it... well thats what counts. That paint job though is pretty sweet.

+1 on tinted tails too. Go to your local car shop and there's some stuff you can buy to do it yourself... like $12. It's basically a very thin, glossy, spraypaint. Pop the covers off, clean them well, and give it a couple careful, even coats. Take your time and don't go too dark. Mine are just dark enough to change the tone of the red. They definitely don't look blacked out but it's a huge difference from stock.

I'm on the fence with this one. I'm not really feeling the murdered out look with a WRX but I appreciate what you are trying to go for. That muffler though, I just can't get behind it. I just don't like that look because it screams 17 year old ricer to me.

Regardless of looks though, I personally am a function over form kind of guy in regards to my car. I like a car to look nice but if it can't drive down a dirt road, go over a speed bump without worries and pull into a parking lot, then it just doesn't make sense to me.
    '99 Impreza 2.5RS Rally Blue Pearl - Retired
    '02 Sedona Red WRX - Retired
    '11 DGM WRX Hatch w/ SPT exhaust, short throw and STi shift knob Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    I really like it actually. I'm personally not too into the lowering but hey if you like it... well thats what counts. That paint job though is pretty sweet.

+1 on tinted tails too. Go to your local car shop and there's some stuff you can buy to do it yourself... like $12. It's basically a very thin, glossy, spraypaint. Pop the covers off, clean them well, and give it a couple careful, even coats. Take your time and don't go too dark. Mine are just dark enough to change the tone of the red. They definitely don't look blacked out but it's a huge difference from stock.
    Thanks man, I actually paint cars for a living and have tinted quite a few taillights. I know the paint you are talking to but I prefer a clear coat tint, gives a longer lasting gloss finish. I'm considering the taillights but like you said, I would only do them dark enough to change that red to a darker red. Thanks for the input!

love the wheels, I am still debating buying them and mount some r-comps.

blinker hole...lol if only I hadn't allready had a log in name...

As for the bugeye... this is just my opinion but, it really does need some actual color on it on top of the missing lights need to be put back in.... I don't like matte black or flat colors, just looks like it was slapped together...IMO...

I'm very picky as far as rims and they change the whole personality of the car plus I think they have to be functional.... so if you can't go over a speed bump or even drive down the road w/o feeling you were a shakin up beer can then its a waste of time, money and effort...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I quite like it,very different to us in the UK.

What front fenders are they? I like 'em

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.