Might be purchasing a DSLR. Input goes here: - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Might be purchasing a DSLR. Input goes here: within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Verdugo You're not making a big deal out of it at all. Ergonomics to me are just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You're not making a big deal out of it at all. Ergonomics to me are just as important as the actual camera functionality itself. If you don't feel comfortable with the camera you're using, then it's more likely you're not going to be comfortable with the results. One of the major reasons why I prefer Nikons are the ergonomics of the camera and how it feels in my hand. I personally wouldn't buy a DSLR without some sort of rubber grip already built-in. Yes, you can probably find an aftermarket grip, but that's just extra money that you could've spent on a camera that already had it to begin with.
    Damn you're quick!

Yeah, you make great points. My g/f tried each one out too and said even though it's basically the same body, she thought the XSi (with the grip) felt 10x better.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Also you could add on the extra battery grip which also will help for holding and the additional fact of having extra battery capability.

Click: http://www.adorama.com/ICABGE5.html

As u see from pic it attaches to the base of the camera.

Click: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ip-Review.aspx

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Also you could add on the extra battery grip which also will help for holding and the additional fact of having extra battery capability.

Click: http://www.adorama.com/ICABGE5.html

As u see from pic it attaches to the base of the camera.

Click: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...ip-Review.aspx

Thanks for the link. I heard those were a good investment.

I don't have the cash for that right now though. Just getting the XSi is going to stretch my budget a bit.

I do have a birthday coming up in a couple months though so I may ask for one then, or perhaps a lens.

Thanks again for all the help!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    DTR,
    I started out my DSLR move with an ebay purchase of a used Sony a100-K, with the box-stock lens, and an additional 75-300 f/5.4 lens. I think I paid $200 for the camera, lenses, bag, batteries, charger, lens cleaner kit, and a 2GB memory stick.

I've never shot in RAW yet, usually in jpg, since I still have no clue what I'm doing with the camera, yet, but overall, it's a great learner-onner
    It is a bit on the brick-heavy side, but takes some very good photos, in hands other than mine. every once in awhile, I'll screw up and get an awesome shot, but it's quite rare. I've just recently picked it up again, and started to learn more about taking pictures, with settings OTHER than "auto" modes..

I could sell it, I'm sure, and get my $200 back out of it, when I'm ready to step up to a better piece. Keep that in mind, as well.

(i was gonna say something else, but got off on a tangent, and forgot what I was gonna say.. damned 'part-timers disease.'...
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

So which camera did you decide to buy?

I am in the same boat but I am looking at the Cannon Rebel TI and Nikon D5000.

Choices choices.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm looking for a DSLR now and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations based on the current market?
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

I went with the nikon d5000. It is a good camera in my opinion. I am still learning it though.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.