critique me?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on critique me? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Now that I've finally got some photos under my belt with my new a900 I believe it's time for a ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

critique me?

Now that I've finally got some photos under my belt with my new a900 I believe it's time for a new critique. I've also been experimenting with some more radical photoshop techniques.

It seems like I have less and less spare time to edit, so I'm going to post these up one at a time. I'm not really taking much time to edit (cutting corners), so any suggestions in that area will be helpful too. Also, if you want to see the images sans-edit I can post them up (maybe I went too far in the editing room?)

I'm also looking for digital framing ideas and I guess I should come up with some sort of signature? And, what resolution should I shoot for in an online portfolio? I'm starting off with a 3x2 aspect ratio crop and a height of 1080 (including border).

[now edited, with more pics & smaller size]

Last edited by MainFrame; 11-13-2009 at 07:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Holy huge picture batman....

But other then being huge, its looked good.

Should I go smaller for critique purposes? What would be a good size for everyone?

I Support ClubWRX
    looks good. Huge tho

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

The bottom is too dark, I can't see your bugeye.

bump

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

I like them a lot.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Should I go smaller for critique purposes? What would be a good size for everyone?
    I usually go with 800x600'ish for forum postings.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Peachypumpkincheeks

My only "as someone looking at your pics" critique:

Pic #3 - The Patio
    The pic in general was really dark and I wasn't sure where to focus. I couldn't figure out which element you were trying to highlight in your picture (so much going on), and it didn't seem like you wanted me to focus on the table. So I just ended up looking mostly at the roof/ceiling.

Pic #8 - The city
    I found the city itself more interesting than the subject in front of the city, so I think maybe you chose the wrong focus, since it was a wide shot. Maybe a tight shot on the subject next time will make them more interesting with the city blur in the background?

Just my opinions of course! The rest of the pics were BEAUTIFUL! I especially enjoyed the clouds rolling in picture, and the horsie pics, they looked practically touchable! Very crisp.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Very cool pics. Like everyone else the first was to dark, then again I'm viewing them on iPhone so that may effect the images.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    My only "as someone looking at your pics" critique:

Pic #3 - The Patio
    The pic in general was really dark and I wasn't sure where to focus. I couldn't figure out which element you were trying to highlight in your picture (so much going on), and it didn't seem like you wanted me to focus on the table. So I just ended up looking mostly at the roof/ceiling.

Pic #8 - The city
    I found the city itself more interesting than the subject in front of the city, so I think maybe you chose the wrong focus, since it was a wide shot. Maybe a tight shot on the subject next time will make them more interesting with the city blur in the background?

Just my opinions of course! The rest of the pics were BEAUTIFUL! I especially enjoyed the clouds rolling in picture, and the horsie pics, they looked practically touchable! Very crisp.

I agree with you on #3.. At first I had it cropped much tighter with the table more of a focal point, but then I lost the color contrast of the plants to the side as they were cut out nearly completely. I suppose I should try somewhere inbetween.

On #8 I have a tighter shot, but I thought the full cityscape in the background was nice so I wanted to include it. I can see how the focal subject kinda gets lost with all that's going on in the background.

The patio my favorite, it has great texture and superb lights and darks. The door seem to work as a good focal point and mirrors the vertical format of the photo. the horse pics are great too, they really capture moments that that were there for a split second. I really need a decent digital camera, but I'm not sure what to get, or how much to spend.

I Support ClubWRX
    I loved them all!

#3 was difficult for me as well though...

The plant on the left is really white-washed, and the lighting all around just didn't seem... Balanced?

The texture and subject is amazing though! What was your intent as to the focus in that shot?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I loved them all!

#3 was difficult for me as well though...

The plant on the left is really white-washed, and the lighting all around just didn't seem... Balanced?

The texture and subject is amazing though! What was your intent as to the focus in that shot?

I vaguely remember thinking "that door way looks cool".. then I didn't take a look at the pic for months. In fact, I hadn't looked at it until I went through photos to pick which to post up.

the 3rd one is awesome
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast