critique me? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on critique me? within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SRTSamb No not at all. I have and all of our photographers here use the MK2 which ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    No not at all. I have and all of our photographers here use the MK2 which is pricey. But for everyday use, getting my kids or whatever I see daily I sold my Panasonic GF1(which I highly recommend) to use my iPhone soley. I can show you some work that is phenomenal of my iPhone.

Now if you're serious about it, it helps to have a prosumer. But not just to "take good photos"

i think my iphone is ok but always cloudy, the lens is scratched to hell. i want a really fast shutter speed for fast bike/car pics.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
    i think my iphone is ok but always cloudy, the lens is scratched to hell. i want a really fast shutter speed for fast bike/car pics.
    Buy a canon 7d
    Or 60d

Both are decently priced
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Shutter speed is more dependent on your lens than your camera. Good glass isn't cheap.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    Buy a canon 7d
    Or 60d

Both are decently priced
    anything for under 1k?

Quote Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
    anything for under 1k?

Sony a55.. with the new translucent mirror technology the a55 and now the new a77 can snap off images at a stunning rate. That is if your lens is fast enough.

Even a couple hundred dollar camera can take pictures at at least 1/1000th, which should be plenty fast enough for just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by synolimit
    anything for under 1k?
    Look at the Canon T3i. Basically the same camera as a 7d with a cheaper body. Should run you around $700 with a basic lens.

I know nothing about Sony. I have heard good things. We all use Canon at my business And like I said for walking around I use my iphone4s

If you want a great camera toward on go get the 3Ti or 2ti even. that's not to say that Sony or Nikon dont, they do. I just know nothing about them. If you want a "fast" camera and I assume how many frames it will shoot per second and not the shutter speed, you cant go wrong with either.

As far as the actual shutter speed you can capture anything in "stop" motion at 1/80 shutter speed. And that has no bearing on how many frames relative to 1 second you can get. But shutter speed is less dependent on the lens and more controlled by the camera. The aperture which can greatly affect the speed at which the shutter fires is direct affected by the lens. But still controlled by the camera.
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

That's the thing with the new Sony DSLRs, the shutter speed as far as the cameras body is concerned is infinitely fast. The mirror is fixed, and the image is actually captured directly through the mirror onto the sensor. Therefore the a55 can easily fire off 10fps exposures with no viewfinder blackout. I believe in the future all DSLRs will utilize translucent mirrors.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^That's cool stuff. Didn't know that about the new Sonys.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234