Updated pics of the subbie
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Updated pics of the subbie within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not high quality pictures by any means as they were took in my garage. However, I'll post them up anyways ...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar

Updated pics of the subbie

Not high quality pictures by any means as they were took in my garage. However, I'll post them up anyways simply because im proud of how its coming along

2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Looking good! I'm sure she's loving the snow you're getting out there.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Looking good! I'm sure she's loving the snow you're getting out there.
    I was actually dissapointed in how she handled the snow yesterday. Granted we got over a foot of wet icey snow and basically the entire state was closed down because of it. Guess i shouldnt try to drive on unplowed dirt roads in a foot of snow on all seasons . Good adventure though. Scared the hell out of my girlfriend
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    I was actually dissapointed in how she handled the snow yesterday. Granted we got over a foot of wet icey snow and basically the entire state was closed down because of it. Guess i shouldnt try to drive on unplowed dirt roads in a foot of snow on all seasons . Good adventure though. Scared the hell out of my girlfriend
    Very nice.

Any plans on getting snow tires for the season? I know that it makes a huge difference as far as grip goes. We get a lot of snow up here in WNY & snow tires were a great decision for me. My Subarus are like tanks now. Full control & grip FTW!
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

If i hadnt just bought new wheels with all seasons on them i would get snow tires but as of now i cant afford them. My plan is to make it through this winter and next summer on my all seasons which should be no problem then either buy another set of wheels for winter or just put some winter tires on for next year then buy good summer tires and switch back in forth (either on one set of wheels or 2)
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

looks good. btw i also got new wheels with all seasons on em. i think they'll be fine for winter. 85% of drivers don't even kno what kind of tires they have so im sure it'll be fine, long as we're not pushing the limits
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    looks good. btw i also got new wheels with all seasons on em. i think they'll be fine for winter. 85% of drivers don't even kno what kind of tires they have so im sure it'll be fine,long as we're not pushing the limits
    All seasons are garbage in the snow IMO. I'm just saying that snow tires will be a lot better. Go with 2 sets of wheels. It's so much easier to swap. Boom, whack, done. Keep up the good work.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

I don't know but for some reason, I thought your car was a light color. I clearly see that it's not the case. It looks good!

I'm really envious of the fact that you got snow, btw.
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

All seasons are garbage in the snow IMO. I'm just saying that snow tires will be a lot better. Go with 2 sets of wheels. It's so much easier to swap. Boom, whack, done. Keep up the good work.
    Agreed. Snow tires mounted on the stockers, summers mounted on the enkei's. Both of them drive completely different from each other. The snow tires are unstoppable. I've driven on roads with 8" of unplowed snow no problem (but they still can break loose, when coerced of course ).
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

We all know this. its not new info to anyone on here. Unfortunately we do not all, myself included, have much expendable income to use for multiple sets of wheels and tires at the moment.

And yes i know in the long run its cheaper, so no one has to remind us. if 85% of drivers can get by with 1 set of tires, then i probably can as well. Thanks for the reminder tho.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Thanks for all the comments. As for snow tires i plan on making it through this winter with what i have then getting some stockers off a newer wrx (dont want to go from 18's all the way back to 16's) and putting some good snow tires on them.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

You're actually better off going with a 16" wheel & getting a narrower tire for the snow. She'll drive like she's on rails, but in the snow.

Any plans for her future?
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

You're actually better off going with a 16" wheel & getting a narrower tire for the snow. She'll drive like she's on rails, but in the snow.

Any plans for her future?
    Good to know. It will just be so hard looks wise to go from my wheels now back to 16" stockers.

Plans for the future are basically endless. Basically this car will be payed off right when i get out of college. Hopefully i'll have a job pretty soon thereafter (a job better than ACE hardware now). After that im probably going to be saving up and buying a newer STI. Then that will become my DD and my bugeye will become my project. Full internals (probably on a hybrid build), STI 6 speed, big turbo.

As for plans closer to now, i really want a VF series turbo but am worried about my engine and trans. This car was driven fairly hard before i got it and if i were to break something major i dont really have the funds to fix it.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

^^^ Very nice. I wouldn't worry too much about your tranny. It's all about how you drive it. Don't bang the gears or launch too hard & you should be fine.

And i'd take traction over looks any day!
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

hopefully next summer i can consider the turbo upgrade while actually having the money to do it.

I was planning on saving up for wheels and tires but now that i already got those i can save for fuel pump, intercooler, turbo, injectors etc.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.