08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... - Page 59
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; springs/dampers and brakes. all things that should be done any time you increase wheel diameter/weight over factory. of course bushings ...

springs/dampers and brakes.

all things that should be done any time you increase wheel diameter/weight over factory.

of course bushings and sways wont hurt either. Even though the large tires feel better in most situations it puts a lot more stress on every single suspension component.

How are you going to work out speedo correction?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sway bars were probably the best "bang for my buck" that I put into the car, as far as simple part swaps. And for the $240 for front and rear Eibach bars (then a $20 rebate from them!) I think it's something you should look into.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Heavy duty springs are actually next on the list! The reason I got such a loose tread pattern was to reduce stress on the suspension components, and great gravel traction. With the King Springs this thing is going to be SO fun in the snow, like a snow cat..

I cant wait to roll the rear fenders to really see how the tires do on asphalt. I think the biggest advantages gained from such large tires is stability, bump absorption, and fuel efficiency. Having more weight creating more rotational momentum keeps you at one speed easier, and any change in speed is lost efficiency. Apparently these tires have really low rolling resistance as well. I haven't driven the car enough to see how my fuel efficiency is affected though. I haven't really been watching the mileage gauge because I'm not sure how the different size tires affects that...

I figured since the speedo is only off by 2MPH at 60, its negligible. Once I get going fast enough for the difference to matter I'm speeding either way.

I would have done springs, too, if it was an easier DIY job. Sways were cake (except for rusty cross threaded bolts from the factory )
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

wide tires might actually hurt snow performance.. you'll float on top a lot more. Back in my 4x4 days I found that unless running a flat out mud tread, snow performance SUCKED with wide all-terrain (closely resembling "all season" tread) tires. My cherokee weighed in around 3300 lbs with 33x12.50 all terrain t/a's it was pretty sketchy. You've got about same section width goin on, and less weight.

I bet it sticks like its glued down in the dry though.. once you get springs its gonna be on like donkey kong. Thats a crapload of traction patch for a 3100lb vehicle.

I'm planning on using the same tire in a factory width on my stock wheels before winter sets in. Tax return time the car will be getting new summer wheels/tires and a up in width. Not quite what yours got lol.. 245's will do me fine.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I've done springs a few times now. An air ratchet is your best friend when it comes to getting that top nut off!

I see what you're saying about the snow, but perhaps your Jeep was just a little too heavy to float efficiently? :P The tread design should provide enough bite to keep me headed the right direction while floating over the snow, like snow shoes! Like how you can drive a snowmobile across a lake. They seemed to keep good bite even when spun in Tire Racks video review of All-Season tires in the snow. It seems like you should go one way or the other with snow, skinny and tall or wide and grippy.

I figured if all else fails the sheer amount of tire patch and bite in the tread design will keep me headed in the right direction in any condition. I bought these tires with one thing in mind, bite.

F- that ......... I want those tracks that Block has on his STI .......
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Yeah but imagine how bad his fuel efficiency and asphalt traction is. :P I'd love to drive it though..

I think because of the size of the tires(heat dissipation) and tread rating(540) I may see 60k+ out of them.

I doubt Ken Block cares about fuel economy... Must be nice!!

Looking forward to your review after getting some miles on them. My stock tires aren't looking too great at only 20k.... I'd be surprised if I see another 10k out of them.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    I bought these tires with one thing in mind, bite.
    Oh you gots more than enough of that lol.. damn those things are huge lol

If your car were human, it'd be 5ft tall with size 18 shoes
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Thought I would throw up a pic that a friend of mine took while we were out for a drive last weekend.
    Still loving the Stage 2 setup, new wheels and tires soon, thinking either Rota DPT 18x8.5 or completely the other end and spending mega cash on Volks... hmm, decisions! I guess I am more likely to get the Rotas because if i curb one I wont cry lol

Sadly I dont have the high res yet...

Last edited by binjoau; 08-18-2010 at 12:37 AM.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Thought I would throw up a pic that a friend of mine took while we were out for a drive last weekend.
    Still loving the Stage 2 setup, new wheels and tires soon, thinking either Rota DPT 18x8.5 or completely the other end and spending mega cash on Volks... hmm, decisions! I guess I am more likely to get the Rotas because if i curb one I wont cry lol

AWESOME picture!

It is.. and its a sharp lookin car. I still cant get over how low it is
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

That drop is amazing! how different does the car feel with the coils? i was thinking of getting some H&R Coilovers. That lip also really ads alot. Great pictures!
    2010 Impreza WRX
    Kartboy Short Shifter, Front, Rear Shifter Bushings, Cobb XLE BPV
    Stink-Eye Mob #20

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post

What size are those wheels in the pic?
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me