08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... - Page 57
Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; These are ballpark figures.. I got my sways n links pretty cheap through a buddy thats a wholesaler, I'm not ...

These are ballpark figures.. I got my sways n links pretty cheap through a buddy thats a wholesaler, I'm not going to disclose what I actually paid for them . Supporting our vendors is very important. I got the shifter bushings through TiC
    you can also get sways n links from them too. Good guys over there from what I hear. I'll be calling them about some other Items in the near future.

front end links (whiteline) $120 or so
    Front 22mm adjustable sway bar (whiteline) $175-200
    Rear 20mm adjustable sway bar w/braces (whiteline) $190-210
    shifter bushings (kartboy) $60
    http://turninconcepts.com/product_in...products_id=34

bushings are not very expensive and make a huge difference. This goes for trans mount, suspension.. rear diff.. etc. I'm working on grabbing the set for the trans and improved bushings for the diff mount/subframe out back. I need to call TiC and chat with them about it though.. I really dont want a "race car" feel inside the car.. aka.. alot more noise. So I need to pick brain over there and see what they recommend for street use w/ a little abuse mixed in
    Last edited by mangostick; 07-23-2010 at 11:52 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHtheKid View Post
    How much is all that. I'm sure I have to save up. Any particular brand or any other details?
    I went with Eibach sway bars myself... they were the most affordable and I liked their reputation for suspension parts. I figured as long as the bar fits, there isn't a whole lot of benefit for me to get the very expensive ones for my daily driver. I mean, it's just a piece of steel. What's the difference.

The pair of Eibach sway bars was $247 shipped to me, then they offer a $20 mail in rebate if you buy the kit with both bars.

I was going to have them on my stock endlinks but I broke one of the endlinks rushing to put them on. So I used Rallitek endlinks.

So all in all for my setup (Sway bars + Endlinks) I have just under $340 invested in it.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    These are ballpark figures.. I got my sways n links pretty cheap through a buddy thats a wholesaler, I'm not going to disclose what I actually paid for them . Supporting our vendors is very important. I got the shifter bushings through TiC
    you can also get sways n links from them too. Good guys over there from what I hear. I'll be calling them about some other Items in the near future.

front end links (whiteline) $120 or so
    Front 22mm adjustable sway bar (whiteline) $175-200
    Rear 20mm adjustable sway bar w/braces (whiteline) $190-210
    shifter bushings (kartboy) $60
    http://turninconcepts.com/product_in...products_id=34

bushings are not very expensive and make a huge difference. This goes for trans mount, suspension.. rear diff.. etc. I'm working on grabbing the set for the trans and improved bushings for the diff mount/subframe out back. I need to call TiC and chat with them about it though.. I really dont want a "race car" feel inside the car.. aka.. alot more noise. So I need to pick brain over there and see what they recommend for street use w/ a little abuse mixed in
    Awesome guys. Thank you. Let me know what you find out at TiC. I don't want a loud car either. The bushings work for a short shifter too or I have to get like different bushings for that?? If that made any sense. I was also thinking about a greedy se exhaust. My friends helping me out a lot with the exhaust and intake. Baby steps

Nope, same bushings for the shifter.. actually.. the only thing that you change with a short throw unit is the stick itself. If you've already done the other bushings it makes the job that much quicker. Instant gratification is always nice

just remember when you change the shifter mount bushings USE THREADLOCK!! The instructions actually tell you to.. dont be me and ignore them.

I didn't use any the first time and I had an issue with the stay bushing nut backing off .. actually it left the car, I'm lucky I didnt loose the bushings. I was also lucky to have a nylock nut in my spares stash that was same pitch/diameter. Needless to say upon re-assembly I used red loctite (its what I had, blue will also work fine).. and put a good sized dab of silicone at the end of the stud. Its not coming off under its own motivation ever again
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

TurboXS Catback 2009 WRX Hatchback

Ordered my wheels and tires Friday, hopefully they'll be here this week!

thats not too terribly loud. I like. I got to hear one in person this weekend too, granted didn't get to ride in it (I'd like to before I buy one) but I cant imagine its really terrible on the senses. lol

Levi, how is it at constant 70-80mph?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

It's a joy at all RPMS. Never really too loud! I bet with a catless DP it would be pretty loud though. I should still be able to squeak by with a catted DP.

I've noticed there are a few speeds that its very happy and is silent. Depending on if you're going up or down hill 75 in fifth is one of those speeds! Its got a very nice hum without pulsations. If you came to the Pence meet you could hear it!
    Last edited by Guero; 08-02-2010 at 05:58 PM.

lol.. this is true, however I was workin on gettin my camp/drink on

I'm sure there will be another meet and I'll get to have a listen. The other 3g car at cretin fest had the turboxs exhaust on it, even with a dp it didn't sound too rough. If I can get a really decent price on one I might think about it.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

my new 2010 wrx limited hatch...loving every mile! taken 2 days after delivery during a road trip up the 1 in the central California coast...scariest road ever
    Last edited by dbya rx; 08-02-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Congrats dbya. Looks great!
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

went from a '99 corolla to this baby last week.

^had to resize the last image on photoshop cause it's too big. sorry 'bout it's crappy pixalage -> these pics are on my album if you want to see it in better quality

Finally got around to taking some more pics. Will go take some more shots when I get my hands on a decent camera...

***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

Oh nice.. specs?

Those would look wicked on my black car
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Nice, those wheels are freaking me out! I just got my wheels in the mail today! No sign of the tires yet though..

Last edited by Guero; 08-06-2010 at 08:29 PM.