08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... - Page 55
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hmm.. well, if that is the case I'll keep looking for something else. lol. Def dont want loud....

hmm.. well, if that is the case I'll keep looking for something else. lol. Def dont want loud.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, its on the limit for me thats for sure.

So looks like Im planning a road trip to go and get my car pro-tuned by Tim Bailey at Surgeline. It will be an awesome 3600km round trip but from what I have heard it will be worth it!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Mango, I'm up for meeting soonish. I need those new tires before I drive too far though. Theres a a TurboXS catback for sale on 3gwrx.com for $300! It's in California though.

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    My friend has it..... its loud. Like very loud.
    Does he have the full catless turbo back? It does seem extremely loud from the videos I've seen. It really depends on what setup you're running. I'm going to run a cat when I get the DP so that should quiet it down some, if thats not enough I'll weld a resonator in there somewhere. I definitely like the boxer rumble, but want to be able to make it subtle for regular driving. Nothing beats hearing the car on a spirited drive!

I'm thinking just the catback will be similar to running a muffler delete, albeit slightly louder and a lot more refined sounding. The cool thing about the boxer rumble is its easy to make quiet when need be, or you can find the closest V8 and hide behind it.

You going to the cretinfest meet? Its the last weekend in July.. all weekend

I will be in attendance.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Is that the Mach V meet? I'll be going to that one, but with a friend in a bug-eye.

OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Oh man, looks like it would be fun, but between the Mach V meet, and the Euro Rally Cross, I just cant do another car outing! Though it is only a couple hours away... Maybe I'll be able to, have you posted it on flat4va yet?

No haven't .. actually I mentioned it to Matt, but other than that I wasn't aware I had permission to spread the word. I'll have to ask and see. Not that we have a huge amount of people on flat4.. but.. I dont want to be the guy that makes invites to a party that isn't mine lol. Being on here I figured you had seen it.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

love the rolling shots man, looks really sharp

So I order my coilovers and pay etra for express shipping next day to canada... so my package sits at BC Racing for a day, then it ships and then its returned to sender cos they messed up my postcode on the documents! I am seriously annoyed right now!!!!!!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

So I order my coilovers and pay etra for express shipping next day to canada... so my package sits at BC Racing for a day, then it ships and then its returned to sender cos they messed up my postcode on the documents! I am seriously annoyed right now!!!!!!
    Sounds like you should be making a call to them... and absolutely not be paying for express shipping.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

My friend has it..... its loud. Like very loud.
    I have this exhaust. It honestly sounds GREAT IMO. It is a little loud on the highway, but I have gotten used to it and after a few days it lowered in volume (maybe like 10%). The only issue was the fitment of it. Had to remove the heatshield to fit the larger flex pipe and i had to get some different screws (8mmx40mm 2of them) to mount to the stock flange from the cat. I also had to order kartboy hangers because it is hitting somewhere (not often at all, but still annoying when it happens) and it is EXTREMELY close to the rear drivers side suspension area. Don't be deterred from it though. I love it everytime I get in the car
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj07 View Post
    I have this exhaust. It honestly sounds GREAT IMO. It is a little loud on the highway, but I have gotten used to it and after a few days it lowered in volume (maybe like 10%). The only issue was the fitment of it. Had to remove the heatshield to fit the larger flex pipe and i had to get some different screws (8mmx40mm 2of them) to mount to the stock flange from the cat. I also had to order kartboy hangers because it is hitting somewhere (not often at all, but still annoying when it happens) and it is EXTREMELY close to the rear drivers side suspension area. Don't be deterred from it though. I love it everytime I get in the car
    Did the cartboy hangers stop the touching because I have the same problem. I bought the Cobb Hangers but they are for the sti so they did not fit just right. I agree the exhaust is awsome abd not too loud it is great
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    2007 Harley-Davidson Heritage
    2007 Suzuki GS500F (Wifes)
    2006 Triumph Thruxton 900
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)
    1976 Ford F-150 (project)

A quick excerpt on the TurboXS hatchback CBE. It is a little quieter than running without a muffler on start up, once warmed up its silent at idle. The sound is AMAZING! You can definitely get by quietly if you need to. Seems like its tuned to be silent at 30, 60, and 75, which is perfect for me! It can get really loud, but can also be kept quiet when need be. The build quality is fantastic, the flanges are like 3/4 inch thick! Very impressed so far, just worried with the downpipe it will be too loud. A sound clip is on the way today.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxton865 View Post
    Did the cartboy hangers stop the touching because I have the same problem. I bought the Cobb Hangers but they are for the sti so they did not fit just right. I agree the exhaust is awsome abd not too loud it is great
    Just got them today in the mail. As soon as I have them on I will let you know And yes it def makes a FANTASTIC noise lol
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE