08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... - Page 43
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX ^ I didn't know anyone offered just an axle back (well except the straight ...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    ^ I didn't know anyone offered just an axle back (well except the straight pipe Borla)- that would probably work
    It's pretty expensive...

08-10 Subaru WRX Perrin Exhaust Components: JSC Speed

but, might be the solution for you!

I've heard Perrin's full CBE on the car and it's very nice. Not much different from the Cobb though... so unless the axleback alone is a significantly different sound, I'm not sure if it'll be "calm" enough.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love em.. took the slight numb feeling right out of the car. I have the rear set to med .. front on stiff. Nice on bumpy stuff but sticks like a scared cat and still forgiving enough to push it without fear of the rear stepping out unexpectedly.

I dont race or autoX or any other competitive events so I went mild.. it worked out really well. The factory springs/dampening are a good compromise for hot street use, esp once you take the tendency to roll out of the mix.

I just ordered the whiteline front links too.. should be here friday. Once I get em on I'll report back on how those work out. The factory links are ok out back with the smaller bars.. and I know quite a few people run em with moderate bars but I dont trust em.

Besides a touch more road feel in the front is never a bad thing.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I just pickup an AP shift knob. I was thinking of doing short throw, but the knob alone lowered it enough any lower and I will have to change the way I sit. I think I will get the shifter bushings though. Do they make a big difference? I will put pics of the shifter on after I do some custom mods to it
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    2007 Harley-Davidson Heritage
    2007 Suzuki GS500F (Wifes)
    2006 Triumph Thruxton 900
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)
    1976 Ford F-150 (project)

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxton865 View Post
    I just pickup an AP shift knob. I was thinking of doing short throw, but the knob alone lowered it enough any lower and I will have to change the way I sit. I think I will get the shifter bushings though. Do they make a big difference? I will put pics of the shifter on after I do some custom mods to it
    I really do like the shifter bushings.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    I really do like the shifter bushings.
    Cool I am getting the Perrin I guess, they do not cost much and seems like it will make a difference I will enjoy. thanks for the input. I need to get the COBB Tuner I know I will love that
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    ^ I didn't know anyone offered just an axle back (well except the straight pipe Borla)- that would probably work
    As far as I've seen in my net travels.. Perrin is the only other one.. unless you have a shop make you something custom. I've got a hookup that allows me to snap up the Perrin unit for under $400.. still $$$ but not as bad as paying twice that for a cbe that only yields 4-5hp. So.. $700+ to change the sound.. or $400..

That and if you get tired of it you can always just sneak under there and put the factory muffler back in place. Another reason I like it.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

lowering the shift knob is not the reason you get a short shifter..it makes a huge difference in the distance of each throw..if your worried about the shift knob being too low, then look up the cobb double adjustable shortshifter..its throw and shift knob height are adjustable

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    lowering the shift knob is not the reason you get a short shifter..it makes a huge difference in the distance of each throw..if your worried about the shift knob being too low, then look up the cobb double adjustable shortshifter..its throw and shift knob height are adjustable
    I don't believe Cobb makes them anymore, but another company has picked up that product ... maybe someone knows what their name is?
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    I understand that but if it will make my driving position uncomfortable it is not worth it. I did shorten the throw about an inch with the knob. I am 6'5" 270lbs and I have to drive with the seat all the way back, if it gets any shorter I will have to lean foward more and I don't want to do that with my daily driver. I have not seen one that adjusts height except for the perrin and I don't like how they do that. Thanks for the help though
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)

I understand that but if it will make my driving position uncomfortable it is not worth it. I did shorten the throw about an inch with the knob. I am 6'5" 270lbs and I have to drive with the seat all the way back, if it gets any shorter I will have to lean foward more and I don't want to do that with my daily driver. I have not seen one that adjusts height except for the perrin and I don't like how they do that. Thanks for the help though
    This is actually a replacement shift lever where you can adjust both the throw distance, and knob height, independently.

RallySportDirect.com - Cobb Double Adjustable 2008 WRX Short Shifter
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    This is actually a replacement shift lever where you can adjust both the throw distance, and knob height, independently.

RallySportDirect.com - Cobb Double Adjustable 2008 WRX Short Shifter
    Thanks Elwray
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)

Some pics I took today, car is clean but sky was overcast. It seems hard lately to get both at the same time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails all 097.jpg   all 106.jpg   all 123.jpg   all 117.jpg  
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)

Last edited by WHeeeee; 03-26-2010 at 05:50 AM.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^very nice mate
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Some pics I took today, car is clean but sky was overcast. It seems hard lately to get both at the same time.
    tint the reflectors out too it would look 10x's better imo
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq