08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... - Page 42
Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by binjoau Now its getting warmer il have to go and do a proper photosoot. I need a ...

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Now its getting warmer il have to go and do a proper photosoot. I need a better lens for my EOS 30D though, anyone have any suggestions?

Carbonxe, what lens do you use again???
    Nikon 50mm f1.8
    Sigma 10-20mm
    Nikon 18-135mm
    Nikon 70-300mm VR
    Nikkor 28mm f2.8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Some beautiful cars on here, with some very talented photographs.

Mine with 30D and Kit lens:

A few pictures with the new lip on......

My new exhaust delivery is scheduled for next thursday! Damn international shipping!

Enjoy........

hey Binjoau, just curious on the type of exhaust your going with? and by the way im a big fan of the ride, very nice mods

Quote Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post
    Some beautiful cars on here, with some very talented photographs.

Mine with 30D and Kit lens:
    [IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ifit/IMG_5982taged.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ifit/IMG_5996-tagged.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ifit/IMG_5991tag.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ifit/IMG_6007taged.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g124/ifit/IMG_6013-2-taged.jpg[/MG]
    Your lens is filthy.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXe View Post
    Your lens is filthy.
    It's my CP filter i didn't catch it until after i took the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by jh310 View Post
    hey Binjoau, just curious on the type of exhaust your going with? and by the way im a big fan of the ride, very nice mods
    Thanks!

Im going with a Perrin Catback. Then 2 more paycheques and Il be adding the downpipe! Stage 2 ready for summer is my goal.

Im also contemplating different wheels but its so hard to decide.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Thanks!

Im going with a Perrin Catback. Then 2 more paycheques and Il be adding the downpipe! Stage 2 ready for summer is my goal.

Im also contemplating different wheels but its so hard to decide.
    I went with the TurboXS I thought about the Perrin but TurboXS was on sale. I love the exhaust looks and sounds great I am going with Perrin Downpipe though. Good luck on your goal and it should sound as great as your car looks
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    2007 Harley-Davidson Heritage
    2007 Suzuki GS500F (Wifes)
    2006 Triumph Thruxton 900
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)
    1976 Ford F-150 (project)

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxton865 View Post
    I went with the TurboXS I thought about the Perrin but TurboXS was on sale. I love the exhaust looks and sounds great I am going with Perrin Downpipe though. Good luck on your goal and it should sound as great as your car looks
    To be honest I would not be going with the Perrin unless I was getting the deal I am. $400 CAD for a 6 month old used system from a good friend of mine who wants something louder. I will def be going with Perrin for a downpipe as well, I prefer the idea of the non bellmouth type.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    anyone have ideas on a "quiet" catback?

I had a Cobb last year and the "boss" loudly complained about the noise- wasn't even so much the outright noise of the exhaust-more the reverberation (especially at idle)

I toyed w/ the idea of adding a resonator, but w/ it no guarantee didn't want to blow $

not impressed w/ the SPT (especially considering the price!)- have heard complaints of rusting and it hangs lower than oe

every time I think I may have found something, I read reviews where folks say loud
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post

I had a Cobb last year and the "boss" loudly complained about the noise- wasn't even so much the outright noise of the exhaust-more the reverberation (especially at idle)

I toyed w/ the idea of adding a resonator, but w/ it no guarantee didn't want to blow $

not impressed w/ the SPT (especially considering the price!)- have heard complaints of rusting and it hangs lower than oe

every time I think I may have found something, I read reviews where folks say loud
    perrin?...it does cost $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post

So she ended up using the executive veto, eh? Sorry to hear that.

I haven't heard a quieter exhaust than my Cobb. But I know exactly what you're referring to with the idle resonance.

Happens only to me on cold starts when warming up at idle... similar to the effect in an SUV with the back windows cracked open a hair. The pulses just sort of build up with the right resonant frequencies.

A resonator would likely help with that, but I'm not sure. And like you said, it's expensive to be the guinea pig.... good luck
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stoker68 View Post
    perrin?...it does cost $$$$
    no more than the Cobb I'm sure , I'll look into that one

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    So she ended up using the executive veto, eh? Sorry to hear that.

I haven't heard a quieter exhaust than my Cobb. But I know exactly what you're referring to with the idle resonance.

Happens only to me on cold starts when warming up at idle... similar to the effect in an SUV with the back windows cracked open a hair. The pulses just sort of build up with the right resonant frequencies.

A resonator would likely help with that, but I'm not sure. And like you said, it's expensive to be the guinea pig.... good luck
    that's it exactly!

as it's her daily driver (and only my weekend "toy") I have to keep her happy

I do have a straight pipe Borla that I thought I'd just bolt up/off for weekends, but the exhaust hangers were a battle royale!- I see now that they make an exhaust hanger tool (plier looking affair) so I may give that a shot

Dunno, to me the cbe route isn't worth the price/yield ratio.

My plan for my own car after lurking around and doing some research is to just get the perrin axle back.
    It'll change the tone of the car and drop a touch of weight without spending stupid cash or making it overly resonant. I drive alot of long highway runs.. resonant car makes for very uncomfortable trips. I only want to hear it when my foot is in its ass.. not when I'm just cruising.

Besides, the factory mid pipe is what.. 2.5" diam and straight through? that should be enough to flow well and keep the sound at reasonable levels. Even if you later wanted to go stage II all you would have to do is pop on a good high flow downpipe and solid tune. Even then it should still be pretty quiet.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

hey mango, how do you like your sways? i just bought perrin front and rear 22mm
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ I didn't know anyone offered just an axle back (well except the straight pipe Borla)- that would probably work