08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... - Page 29
Page 29 of 71 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by binjoau No link avaliable! Custom made from a Sirius mounting bracket Did you modify it in any ...

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    No link avaliable! Custom made from a Sirius mounting bracket
    Did you modify it in any way? I need to fab something up for mine. That's pretty sweet. Could you send me some pics of the mount and where you mounted it to the dash? That would help me figure out what I want to do for mine. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    wow thats hideous..there was some kid on here a few weeks ago that wanted to paint his rims this color..i hope he sees this picture before he does it...
    Maybe that is the kid.

dunno I kinda like how it pops.. I'd not do it to my own car.. but lately I've had this wild hair Idea to paint my calipers yellow. Not dayglow yellow.. but a nice bright canary color. Autozoo has the caliper paint in the color I'm thinkin of. Dunno I think the contrast behind the stock wheels with the black car will look good. I also think I got the Idea from seeing a pic of a 08+ hatch like that but cant remember where I might have seen it.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    dunno I kinda like how it pops.. I'd not do it to my own car.. but lately I've had this wild hair Idea to paint my calipers yellow. Not dayglow yellow.. but a nice bright canary color. Autozoo has the caliper paint in the color I'm thinkin of. Dunno I think the contrast behind the stock wheels with the black car will look good. I also think I got the Idea from seeing a pic of a 08+ hatch like that but cant remember where I might have seen it.
    the green color itself doesnt bother me but its best when used with moderation. Maybe an accent line around the lip with matching lug nuts would look really nice on a black wheel.
    I just think the whole wheel in that color makes the car look childish and pop way too much.

I've started hoping that as the WRX becomes less strange looking, people will be a bit more conservative in their exterior modifications. Not to say nothing should be done..but too many of my friends think it's a ricey car because they see them with airplane wings, etc. While everyone on the inside knows what's what (and for some reason still transgress from time to time), most others don't and I don't like being lumped into the rice category. This coming from someone who used to have morette headlights..I clearly have little room to talk. Just a thought.
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

I don't like the term rice at all.

Theres a big difference between bold and stupid. Some people just can't see the thick line because of their own assumptions and lack of car knowledge. And who cares about people with closed minds anyways?

I seriously get and give a lot more respect to and from a lot of muscle car owners in the WRX. We both know that both types of cars excel in different areas. Really the term rice is so beyond racist its not even funny. I seriously think people need to show more respect for cars in general. Hyundai included, theres no arguing, the newer sports cars they're producing are damn nice.

And now for more photos!

do you propose a new PC word that means the same thing - gaudy, ugly, completely exaggerated car modifications? I of course feel that rice is not a good word at all regarding its use, it just illustrates the point without being verbose. all I was getting at in the end is that I don't get why many WRX owners change their car exterior in more than 1 way, but very few Porsche owners have tinted tail lights and rear air diffusers from ebay. Granted they're 2 different cars, but it's frustrating to see some people change the way a car is viewed by the general public. sorry for the rant

p.s. in your case, the addition to the tail lights is tasteful and looks great. but why is this necessary:

air can enter that car in more than 15 locations..

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    No link avaliable! Custom made from a Sirius mounting bracket
    And why does your car have an S205 badge on the shifter trim?

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    different strokes- would be kind of boring if everyone's car looked exactly the same

I have my own idea what I like (and what I don't like ), my tastes probably run on the more conservative side, but I certainly don't begrudge someone their own tastes

there are a cars that have made me take pause , but like I said different strokes
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    different strokes- would be kind of boring if everyone's car looked exactly the same
    yea you're right..it's similar to me seeing all of the hipster guys that live around me and wear women's clothes everywhere. i see something normal covered in things i don't understand, and i get confused. i'm just at that point in my life where i've become comfortable with who i am, now on to everyone else

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    we used to call guys that wear women's clothing something other than hipster
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    we used to call guys that wear women's clothing something other than hipster
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

My 09
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails susie 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Dan View Post
    My 09
    Nice looking car!
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)