08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... - Page 24
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah, my first WRX was white back in 2002 and at the time it was the least popular color, but ...

Yeah, my first WRX was white back in 2002 and at the time it was the least popular color, but it was all they had on the lot so I decided to buy it. Always wished I had gotten black though. So with the new one I got black...now I kinda wish I would have considered red or blue! haha Oh well, I'm still really happy with the black.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

binjoau what percentage did you smoke your tails? I am definitely going to do that when the time comes...black with the smoked tails should look awesome along with some dark tint but that red just looks outstanding!
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

I gave in.

I found out that the tC and the WRX use the same bulb, so I just swapped the HIDs out of my tC and put them in the WRX. There was no reason to sell my tC with a perfectly good set of HIDs when I can sell it with brand new halogens .

These will do until I get my retrofit.

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXe View Post
    Red is the new blue.
    Red was always cooler than blue.

And my car is Dark Gray. I miss the deepness of a black car, but not the swirl marks.

I was going to order the dark gray, but decided to take the red off the lot. The only reason I wanted the dark gray, was to be able to pull off red mud flaps .

Yeah, I'm hoping I can pull of the red flaps, but I think it'll look good considering everything else on the car will be black. Can't wait!!

I wanted wrb.. black is what they had, and I didn't want to wait so black is what I got. Its not solid black though, has blue and silver metalic in it. When its clean its badass..

as for swirls.. yeah mine came free with the car. Asshat detailers and dirty wash mits!

They got to it sometime before I did, cuz I declined a delivery detail trying to prevent just that. I've got a buddy that does pro body work, and high end detailing for side work. I'll have to hit him up and see what best to do about my wrx when the weather gets nicer. Not only that but if the chips on the front continue I may have him re-shoot the bumper and hood for me.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I think black cars come from the factory with swirl marks, they look damn good with yellow though..

The red mud flaps only work if you have a few other red things too. I'm planning to build a red skidplate/light bar to balance the color to the front some more. I was actually planning to do a white WRX with red accents originally. But this color scheme works too!

CarbonXe, what you did was ingenious! How do they look compared to after market HID bulbs I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    Red was always cooler than blue.
    This adds no value but my answer is YES!!!

ps... im wasted
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    CarbonXe, what you did was ingenious! How do they look compared to after market HID bulbs I wonder.
    ? Those are the aftermarket HIDs, I'm only using them to hold me over until I do my retrofit.

Quote Originally Posted by msedbaue View Post
    Yay for red WRX's!!!

+1 Red rex love! haha
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonXe View Post
    ? Those are the aftermarket HIDs, I'm only using them to hold me over until I do my retrofit.
    You have to admit though the throw is actually pretty good even with the factory projectors?
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by Semaj07 View Post
    binjoau what percentage did you smoke your tails? I am definitely going to do that when the time comes...black with the smoked tails should look awesome along with some dark tint but that red just looks outstanding!
    Its 35%, luckily with the hatch having LED tailights there dont seem to be any issues with not seeing the brake lights clearly. Plus ive had police follow me and no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Its 35%, luckily with the hatch having LED tailights there dont seem to be any issues with not seeing the brake lights clearly. Plus ive had police follow me and no issues at all.
    THHAAATTTSS What I wanted to hear lol thanks!
    Stink-Eye Member #83
    2010 WRX Hatch Limited, Obsidian Black Pearl with Sports Grille
    Tinted windows/tails, TurboXS CBE

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    You have to admit though the throw is actually pretty good even with the factory projectors?
    Not really lol.The cutoff from 10 feet aware is more distorted than S2K projectors @ 30 feet.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.