08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... - Page 23
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mangostick Its a rc10gt2. I've got probably close to 0 into it including what I bought it ...

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Its a rc10gt2. I've got probably close to $800 into it including what I bought it for new. I put a team pipe on it, got some extra wheels n tires.. I'd like to get a hold of a hpi .12 to toss onto it, or an OS .12, both engines I've used before and I liked em. The .15 that came on the rtr (yeah I know I got lazy on this one ) is punchy but doesn't wind up like the smaller displacement engines do. .12's have the same stroke but smaller bore.. closer to square. Nothing like the sound of a model car engine at 35k rpm screamin down the street.

I had it out today matter fact.. had a blast with it. Took off the road hawgs (pavement tires for those uninitiated) and tossed the knobby's on. Even with the slipper clutch set loose it was a bit of a handfull on the hardpack snow didn't really get to open it up. Some paddles like you had would have been interesting in the soft stuff though lol.
    first tank of fuel I've burned through it in a good 6 months or so, had a blast.
    Oh man.. I'm jealous of that thing! I put so much money into my POS Traxxas and it was still probably nowhere near what your truck is!! If I researched prior to buying the Traxxas... I would have wound up with a RC10gt2 as well

At least I learned my lesson on buying the RC Truck and not my car... I researched the hell out of the Wrx before buying lol

Tell you one thing though... with the gearing changes I made on the Rustler.. The damn thing did a little over 60Mph... The box claims 50+ if I remember correctly... But I swapped for a 3.3 motor and gearing and the damn thing was literally uncontrollable. Wheelies every time you tapped the gas or you would just spin the tires ( I ran road hawg II's as well in the spring/summer lol) . Only way to really get it going was to ease the throttle really gently lol.

I want to pick up another one but I know it will only burn another hole in my wallet haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just like the rex though.. if you buy what you know will do what you want out of the box your less likely to mess around with it... but accessorizing anything with wheels soon takes over your soul .. and wallet

this one is my second 10gt.. the first was a team truck I bought with the os .12 pull-start option when I was overseas in the army. The guys thought it funny that here I am in Korea but ordering a american built rc. When I was trashin the kyosho's at the local rec center they all knew why.

I got the rtr this time cuz I was lazy and didn't want to build another one, I just wanted to play. Its technically the "base" model but still has bearings everywhere and is just as much fun as spending for all the nifty blue anodized team parts and different rear hubs. I'll have to shoot some pics of it in action and post em up. Here's some pics I shot a while back

OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Yeah I got a little overzealous ice skating my car around, then went down a hill and at the bottom was a turn around. I got the turn around part down, but couldn't get the momentum to get up the hill.

I know I should have snow tires, but where I live we usually don't see the snow, and the lack of traction is pretty fun.

I've been thinking of painting my tow hook red and leaving it on. I've been told it can be really bad for the unibody of your car in an accident though. It bypasses the front steel bumper and is attached directly to the front end of the unibody.

my 2010 WRX Limited in SWP in winter mode.

We got more snow...

My friend got a 04XT Fozzy, figured I'd teach him why Subaru's are so great. Really love his car!

He's learning quite well.

Guero, just one suggestion for ya -- hows about a license plate frame for the rear?? I added a plain ole black metal cheapo frame I got from Walmart and it classed up the rear end quite a bit. Or maybe you have one, can't tell from that pic.

Keep the snow down there I don't want any more
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Guero, just one suggestion for ya -- hows about a license plate frame for the rear?? I added a plain ole black metal cheapo frame I got from Walmart and it classed up the rear end quite a bit. Or maybe you have one, can't tell from that pic.

Keep the snow down there I don't want any more
    Too late

Well I used to have smoked covers on my Prelude, but I got pulled over for Virginia being too lame for them. Try to keep things pretty clean, but have really been considering getting red bulbs for the license plate bulbs. Pretty sure that's illegal too though.

What I really need are tires like these.

Can't be careless enough with the stock ones, although packed down parking lots are a lot of fun.

Nothing better than a 09 WRX with good winter tires in the snow!!! Luckily our snow forecast has gone from 5-10cm to 0!! Thats awesome considering it will be my birthday tomorrow I can go out driving!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Finally got a copy of the pics taken of my car for the Dodo-logic website, all pictures taken by Jordan Hall..... enjoy....

09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

That's a very clean car, makes me realize how much I hate winter sometimes!

I don't mind the snow, it's the salt that pisses me off. Sometimes it's slicker than the snow is. Just keep the thick stuff and salt off your car and you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

binjoau - I never thought I would really care for a red WRX...but I have to admit I'm almost jealous of them now! I love the look of the red hatch with the new graphite color wheels and dark tint...looks great!

Guero - Is yours black? I think mine is going to end up looking almost identical to yours! haha I have a black '10 hatch, ordered red Rally Armor's and doing the "taillight mod" as soon as the weather improves here. I'll also be adding a Thule roof rack and fairing with bike trays hopefully before spring as well as tinting the windows!

-Grant-

Quote Originally Posted by Remodeler_WRX10 View Post
    binjoau - I never thought I would really care for a red WRX...but I have to admit I'm almost jealous of them now! I love the look of the red hatch with the new graphite color wheels and dark tint...looks great!
    -Grant-
    Yay for red WRX's!!!

2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

Red is the new blue.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.