08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... - Page 16
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Impreza Owners Photo Gallery..... within the Member Show-Off & Photography forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by sccoby823 guerro i see you have the red rally armor mudflaps, how do you think theyd look ...

Quote Originally Posted by sccoby823 View Post
    guerro i see you have the red rally armor mudflaps, how do you think theyd look on silver?
    I think it depends what you do with the rest of the car. Red is my accent color so it's working pretty well for me. If you clash a bunch of colors it won't work right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Everyone, mud flaps are not ok. Unless you actually rally your Subaru, then it's ok. Or, you use them for the winter protection. Please, they make your car a Kragen cruiser. I don't care who makes them, it's not ok otherwise. Damn, I've always wanted to say that. Please don't hate. I just really needed to get that off my chest. I'm sorry to whom every I offend.
    Last edited by kpSTi; 12-30-2009 at 03:35 AM.
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kpSTi View Post
    Everyone, mud flaps are not ok. Unless you actually rally your Subaru, then it's ok. Or, you use them for the winter protection. Please, they make your car a Kragen cruiser. I don't care who makes them, it's not ok otherwise. Damn, I've always wanted to say that. Please don't hate. I just really needed to get that off my chest. I'm sorry to whom every I offend.
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Wow, must be nice in your perfect little world where there isn't mud, stones.. salt or sand to fly off a tire and chip brittle paint. I bet you can wash your car and keep it clean without touching it for atleast a couple weeks too eh? Well not all of us have the liberty to drive on perfectly maintained roadways and pristine conditions. Why is it everyone I've met from LA has such a narrow viewpoint? is it the weather or the environment that shelters you all?

I for instance have to visit ship yards all the time for my job.. which introduces my car to a substance I call "port sauce" and what that is made up of is usually a combo of dirt/mud/oils/small stones etc. Other parts of the country also have this phenomenon called winter. It might be a myth that winter exists for those of you in LA but I can assure you .. it does and its nasty.

Personally I'd like a set of "splash guards" for my WRX that contour the body better.. they serve a purpose and an important one at that. I dont want a giant flappy piece of rubber hangin off my wheel wells but if thats all I can get then I might have to consider it.

Granted, I love the look of your car and think you've done a hell of a job with the subtle changes.. its super fine. Believe me mang.. if I didnt have a need for splash/mud protection.. I'd not put em on there. Sadly though, some sort of measure is quickly becoming a necessity.
    Last edited by mangostick; 12-30-2009 at 07:10 AM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Im kinda in the middle on this one, on the wrong car they look terrible but on the right car they look great!!!

Not to mention the fact that where I live we have gravel and multiple feet of snow every year and Im having to seriously consider something to stop the snow build up that seems very bad on the 09 WRX.

Oh and Elwray you crack me up! Where did you find that smiley?
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Im kinda in the middle on this one, on the wrong car they look terrible but on the right car they look great!!!

Not to mention the fact that where I live we have gravel and multiple feet of snow every year and Im having to seriously consider something to stop the snow build up that seems very bad on the 09 WRX.

Oh and Elwray you crack me up! Where did you find that smiley?
    Haha, it's from a motorcycle forum I religiously post at. Couldn't resist. Not going to get into the mud flaps debate... I will just say that I have them on my car.
    Last edited by elwray; 12-30-2009 at 08:36 AM.
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Yeah the Exhaust is on

Santa brought me a TurboXS exhaust for christmas and it sounds great. Will get picks soon, the tip looks alot like my stock did but the sound is fantastic. Will do more soon.
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    2007 Harley-Davidson Heritage
    2007 Suzuki GS500F (Wifes)
    2006 Triumph Thruxton 900
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)
    1976 Ford F-150 (project)

Nice! the TXS exhaust is one of the nicest looking out there... very similar to my Cobb.

Let's also see some pics of that Thruxton in the motorcycle thread!! I love those!
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by alax25 View Post
    Pics? what type of exhaust you going with?
    Sorry it took so long to respond. TurboXS. it sounds good. I see you are in Phenix City I live in Columbus. Wanna some beers or coffee some time and check out the cars?
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxton865 View Post
    Santa brought me a TurboXS exhaust for christmas and it sounds great. Will get picks soon, the tip looks alot like my stock did but the sound is fantastic. Will do more soon.
    awesome.. how much louder is it in the cabin over stock? I have a buddy who deals in car parts that quoted me a stupid cheap price on that same exhaust... all the sound clips on youtube are pretty decent but I need a owner's impression before I spend $$
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

What's a Kragen cruiser? This?

Two different worlds we live in. My last car was lowered and everything, and in the real world it just kinda sucks.. Sure it was fun on curvy back roads, but it was too much of a hassle around town. This time around I'm going for real world performance, that's why I got a Subie!

My car gets dirty all the time, my girlfriend practically lives on a stage rally, and its nice not hearing my paint get eaten away when I drive over 40 on it. And I think they really square off the look of the car. which it needs. I agree its not for everyone, but they are "ok" for a lot too.

I like your lip btw.

A friend is selling me his Perrin catback come spring, it sounds sweet!! Im getting it for $400 so im happy with that!

Then all I need is a downpipe and an Opensource tune and il be stopping the power mods.

Although come summer I need new tires! mucho $$$
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    awesome.. how much louder is it in the cabin over stock? I have a buddy who deals in car parts that quoted me a stupid cheap price on that same exhaust... all the sound clips on youtube are pretty decent but I need a owner's impression before I spend $$
    When warming up it has a little drone sound to it at idle. It is loud but not crazy, I like it and so does my wife. But this is coming from a Harley rider and we like loud things.
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)

haha damn need a tissue after that?

i guess that means putting money into power and performance mods are not ok either unless your going to be strictly on a track or drag strip?

Mud flaps serve a purpose in real world driving with all the debris on the roads.

But I mean since you, the mudflap god, say there not ok, Ill cancel my order

mudflaps...

i love the look of my Rally Armor even though i don't rally my car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.